A politician dies...

A politician dies. Instead of going straight to heaven or hell a spirit appears before him. The spirit says he gets to choose whether he goes to heaven or hell.  The politician replies of course he wants to go to heaven.    The spirit tells him that before he chooses, that he has to visit both places so that they each get a fair chance.   First, they visit heaven. It looks pretty nice. Big fluffy clouds, angels singing and playing harps.  Everyone seeming to enjoy themselves. The politician is pleased but a bit underwhelmed. Hell, on the other hand is magnificent. It's the most beautiful place the politician had ever seen. Everyone there is having the time of their life in a big beautiful garden. It makes heaven look dull and boring in comparison. "I can't believe I am saying this, but I think I would rather go to hell." Says the politician.    "Very well" says the spirit. "Turn around".   When the politician turns around though hell appears very different than it had less than a minute ago. All the attractions are gone and everything is on fire. All the people are screaming in agony. "I don't understand!" cries the politician. "This isn't what you showed me before."  Spirit says "well, that was the campaign. "Now, you have voted."