EXTRA POINTS AND 4th QUARTER PLAY CALLING FOR WOS

Guest Chaingang Defense

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wos Grad 2000

Yes sir you are correct. Problem has been when plays aren't working try something else. We never once out of the 11 plays in the 2nd half throw it in the middle of the field to try and even get a first down in the 2nd half.

You moderators are a trip!  The rules definately do not apply equally.  Yall are quick to jump up and protect some people and others are left to hang out there and get hammered.  This is a message and people should be able to voice facts and opinion's.  If people think that there was bad playcalling there should not be three moderators threatening poster's on commenting on that.  Yall need to chill out and let people talk or yall will lose posters.  JMO!!  GO PANTHERS!!

I dont think you have been on this board to realize what this board is all about.  Maybe thats why we are the #1 growing sports news websight in Texas, not East Texas, West Texas or any other area of Texas,,,,, but Texas.  We try to talk the talk when we play anyone in our district but thats all it is.  When it comes right down to it. We are all SETX and thats what it is all about.  So our rules may seem unreasonalbe at times, and sometimes you may thing they are bias.  but thats what keeps this board going, great clean, HS football loving people.  And we dont like bashing of coaches or players. Live by those rules........sometime you may get away with it and sometimes you wont...."how lucky do you feel" ;D

I dont think you have been on this board long enough to realize what this board is all about.  Maybe thats why we are the #1 growing sports news websight in Texas, not East Texas, West Texas or any other area of Texas,,,,, but Texas.  We try to talk the talk when we play anyone in our district but thats all it is.  When it comes right down to it. We are all SETX and thats what it is all about.  So our rules may seem unreasonalbe at times, and sometimes you may thing they are bias.  but thats what keeps this board going, great clean, HS football loving people.  And we dont like bashing of coaches or players. Live by those rules........sometime you may get away with it and sometimes you wont...."how lucky do you feel" ;D

Or maybe...we need to work harder to find a true kicker.  Each 1-2 years, we should be taking a 7th or 8th grader and working with them and molding them to kick...

I think that the guy who kicked this year has plenty of ability to do the job. I'm just not real sure how much coaching he gets at practice. He may get a lot, I don't know. I do know that you don't see any toe punchers at the college or pro level. They have been extinct for several years. "kicker" has offered his assistance in working with #11. I think "kicker" could teach him to kick soccer style as he is self taught. "kicker" has also kicked in college, semi-pro as well as arena football. I really think he can help this kid be more accurate. He already has a really strong leg and is dripping with athleticism, so I think he could be a great one. I just hope that Hooks will take him up on his offer... It can't hurt.

I dont think you have been on this board to realize what this board is all about.  Maybe thats why we are the #1 growing sports news websight in Texas, not East Texas, West Texas or any other area of Texas,,,,, but Texas.  We try to talk the talk when we play anyone in our district but thats all it is.  When it comes right down to it. We are all SETX and thats what it is all about.  So our rules may seem unreasonalbe at times, and sometimes you may thing they are bias.  but thats what keeps this board going, great clean, HS football loving people.  And we dont like bashing of coaches or players. Live by those rules........sometime you may get away with it and sometimes you wont...."how lucky do you feel" ;D

"How lucky do you feel"  Ok Clint Eastwood wanna be, that is what the problem is, there are a bunching of coaching wanna be's on here with a quick trigger on the delete button.  My point was some schools are heavily protected on here and others are hung out to dry.  For example, if I was to say anything questionalbe about wos playcalling i will get threatened.  Outsiders come on here talking smack and are left alone, and also other schools in the area are attacked and nothing happens.  Funny how that works. 

Well all I know is that our defense played thier butts off.LV should have hung at least 28 on us in the second half considering where they started each drive.I knew it was just a matter of time utile they would score.You can't give up that kind of filed position punt after punt and expect your defense to hold a team like LV.We almost did though.It took them untile 4 minutes left in the game to finally punch it in.You can't ask anymore from your defense than that.I i'm proud of you guys.

Now on the other side of the ball.The first half was great.We kept them guessing at what we were going to do.Very balanced attack.The second half was a nightmare.It looked like we were only running the same couple of plays time after time.If this is all a defense has to defend against,it's not hard to shut down.Imo I would have liked to see a little bit of diversity in the play calling.Might have worked and might not have but I would try something.Ofcourse starting inside your 5 yrd.line you have to be careful and  that is what the coaches decided to do.

Great season Mustangs.

Guest Chaingang Defense

Well all I know is that our defense played thier butts off.LV should have hung at least 28 on us in the second half considering where they started each drive.I knew it was just a matter of time utile they would score.You can't give up that kind of filed position punt after punt and expect your defense to hold a team like LV.We almost did though.It took them untile 4 minutes left in the game to finally punch it in.You can't ask anymore from your defense than that.I i'm proud of you guys.

Now on the other side of the ball.The first half was great.We kept them guessing at what we were going to do.Very balanced attack.The second half was a nightmare.It looked like we were only running the same couple of plays time after time.If this is all a defense has to defend against,it's not hard to shut down.Imo I would have liked to see a little bit of diversity in the play calling.Might have worked and might not have but I would try something.Ofcourse starting inside your 5 yrd.line you have to be careful and  that is what the coaches decided to do.

Great season Mustangs.

IT NEVER CHANGES IN CLOSE GAMES. RUN RUN RUN THEN PUNT

Do you guys have any common sense.  How would you be on him, if he would have called those passes across the middle and got the balls intercepted.  Called a pass inside the 10 yard line and got sacked.  I watched some ball Saturday and Sunday with many college and NFL teams and I did not see anyone dropping back throwig the ball across the middle when they were inside the 10. So why do you think that WOS should do it?  Hind sight is 20/20.  Arm charir quarterbacks are the funniest in the world.  Go to school become a coach and let people beat up on you.  I think they are doing a heck of a job. I actually saw WOS throw a ball across the middle earlier in teh game.  If it does not work, try something different?  I saw WOS run some option.  That was pretty good.  I would not run the option inside the 10.  Pitch the ball on the ground and here come the naysayers again.  Hey I think the OC did well.  Defense did great.  How many schools would want their rebuilding year to go 3 deep in the playoffs?  WOS just ran into a team that had more breaks than them.  That WACO team was pretty good. I did not know that they only had 11 plays in the second half.  wow.  How many of those 11 was inside the 15 yard line.  OC, we know your hands were tied on your calls because of field position.  Do not let the ignorant few get you down.  You took a young group and became explosive with them.  Coach T took a young group and made them feared.  I am proud to say that I live in Orange County.

Guest Wos Grad 2000

Do you guys have any common sense.  How would you be on him, if he would have called those passes across the middle and got the balls intercepted.  Called a pass inside the 10 yard line and got sacked.  I watched some ball Saturday and Sunday with many college and NFL teams and I did not see anyone dropping back throwig the ball across the middle when they were inside the 10. So why do you think that WOS should do it?  Hind sight is 20/20.  Arm charir quarterbacks are the funniest in the world.  Go to school become a coach and let people beat up on you.  I think they are doing a heck of a job. I actually saw WOS throw a ball across the middle earlier in teh game.  If it does not work, try something different?  I saw WOS run some option.  That was pretty good.  I would not run the option inside the 10.  Pitch the ball on the ground and here come the naysayers again.  Hey I think the OC did well.  Defense did great.  How many schools would want their rebuilding year to go 3 deep in the playoffs?  WOS just ran into a team that had more breaks than them.  That WACO team was pretty good. I did not know that they only had 11 plays in the second half.  wow.  How many of those 11 was inside the 15 yard line.  OC, we know your hands were tied on your calls because of field position.  Do not let the ignorant few get you down.  You took a young group and became explosive with them.  Coach T took a young group and made them feared.  I am proud to say that I live in Orange County.

Man we have never thrown in the middle of the field. i see it all weekend last week in hs playoff games, teams do it regularly. when plays don't work you would think something new would be tried.

Man we have never thrown in the middle of the field. i see it all weekend last week in hs playoff games, teams do it regularly. when plays don't work you would think something new would be tried.

3rd round of the playoffs and it's considered doing something that didn't work. Unfortunately only one team will get to end with a win.

Draw it up. Put the play on here.  Let everyone see the play that you would draw and call to win when things are not working.  I dare you to put it on here.  Let the whole site see just how much you know.  You watched it probably from teams with throwing as their base.  Or you watched it from teams that continuously work the middle of the field.  Come on 2000; show your ignorance and beat up a guy that just helped guide a team to the third round of the playoffs.  Remember, Many people thought this team would not get that far.  So is it really a dissappointment for the young boys or is it an accomplishment.  Give it up.  You are hopeless.

Guest Wos Grad 2000

Don't have to draw it up guy, it's simple, throw in the middle of the field and not bombs. every team does it on every level. heck when i played in 2000 it was the same thing the defense always has to bail us out. never get past the 3rd round if things don't change, mark it down. ML

How many teams would love to have a rebuilding year that made it to the 3rd round.  How many teams would want to complete 70% of their passes?  Your cries have no merit.  You did not say anything about the middle of the field when they beat Giddings?  You did not say anything about the middle of the field when they dismantled Coldsprings.  Or through the routes that proceeded those games.  I actually saw a throw through the middle Friday night.  YOU ARE just wanting something to bash.  LaVega won and they did not throw across the middle did they?  WOS completed a ball across the middle against Giddings, I guess that is why they beat them?  You do not havbe to draw it up because you have been called out and you can not do it.  Before you get any credit from about 90% of this board, you must prove that you know what you are talking about.  Show it to the world, Mister knowitall.  Show it.  Let us all see your grandious knowledge of football.  Anybody can sit and secondguess a situation.  Let me have it.  Give it to me.  ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATS PLAYERS AND COACHES ON A GREAT RIDE.  IT WAS FUN.  ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR THAT WERE BEATING YOU GUYS UP, YOU PROVED EVERYONE OF THEM WRONG.  It has to be hard playing  and coaching for WOS.  Everyone expects so much.  I remember even a guy from the newspaper bashing the coaches earlier in the season.  I wonder where he is now.  I never heard anything from him after the thrashings started.  Players and Coaches------  You guys are an asset to the community.  You will be great men for having gone through that program. 

Don't have to draw it up guy, it's simple, throw in the middle of the field and not bombs. every team does it on every level. heck when i played in 2000 it was the same thing the defense always has to bail us out. never get past the 3rd round if things don't change, mark it down. ML

I have been to quite a few WOS football games and feel that if the coaches didn't know what they were doing then, they wouldn't have made it to the playoffs year after year.  Obviously they kinda have a clue as to how to get things done, otherwise they would be at home on Friday nights like alot of the other area schools.  However, football, just like other sports are all based on situations, momentum and even luck.  Just when you think you got what it takes, someone proves you wrong.  The coaches and the players have nothing to be ashamed of and fingers should'nt be pointed at anyone.  If you are a true "Mustang Fan" then you should support them win or lose, even the coaches. 

Congratulations to the Seniors on a great season!!!! ;D

My post says it all, go walk up through the stands and ask just half of the fans that supprt wos on Fridays about it.

How many people in the stands are actual coaches. How many of them can get the play in (the right play) along with the personel in 25 seconds. Not to mention all of the other things that have to be considered such as match ups, what down is it , how many yards to we need, how much time until the game is over or halftime.