Liberty Eylau 7 BC 3 Final...Congrats Cards On Great Season

Guest bulldogbark

4th pitcher for BC today

runners at the corners 2 outs Middlebrook batting just got hit in the head and off to first and bases are loaded

Guest bulldogbark

well that it LE wins the game and heads to the semi's..........BC had a great season just couldnt get things together today......score LE 7 BC 3

Guest bulldogbark

well I guess thats it for the baseball season and sports season for HS sports....now its waiting till august comes around and football to raise its head...

Guest etbu

Tough loss for you guys but hold your heads high. Alot of teams only wished they made it as far as you did. Have a great summer and holds you heads high.

Never got it rolling against LE, main reason the pitcher Middlebrooks. He was the best that BC has faced all year.

LE was very patient at the plate, which included not swinging at pitches off the plate. LE ran the bases well, bunted when necessary and put pressure on BC’s defense by putting the ball in play.

BC battled back from 3-0 deficient in spite of a few miscues and Kevin not as sharp as usual, to tie it at 3-3. After starting to get back in the grove with 3 up 3 down in the 4th, Angelle gave up a single and walk to LE in the 5th. Angelle was at 100 pitches, 40 less than last weeks game against Yoe with 3 lefty’s coming up.

As a coach you go with your gut right or wrong, as Coach Bryant had these choices:

I………Leave Angelle in, he has enough to finish.

II……. Bring in Haymond, my other Div 1 pitcher who shut down a good Yoe squad as 3 lefty’s are coming up.

III…….Bring in Stringer, another lefty against 3 lefty’s coming up

IV…….Bring in Meeks, a righty but very effective in closing out 2 wins for BC in previous playoff victories.

As it turns out, walks killed the Cards. This lost doesn’t take away the great season the Cards had. They were very good team.

Great Season, Cards! I know I didn't get to follow you as much as I would have liked because of softball, and it will remain that way for a few more years, but you know your town supports you in heart when they can't in person!

THANK YOU seniors for your leadership, hard work and dedication to the game. You've set the mark high for those who follow!

BIrdman is the JINX still on................I know you have to be thinking that huh??????

I did not go to the game......just wanted to make sure that was understood before I watch BC beat WOS this year. Figure I would be safer on the BC side...... :D

Congrats on a great season BC!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    telexa
    Newest Member
    telexa