West Brook 33 Fort Bend Clements 36 Final

jdawg03

.....one more thing. This was definitely a tough loss.....losing to a team that we know we should have beaten and didn't. This is the worst way to lose, IMO.....I would rather get blown out than lose a close game to a team that we had a two score lead on , and couldn't hold onto it! WB should have won the game.....ask anybody that was there!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a good season, but the overall downfall is what we have been saying for some weeks now.  The pass defense stunk up the place.  Sure there was the C. Lewis fumble.  But the reciever on the far side got 2 or 3 clutch passes on what appeared to be good coverage.  One play, #8 didn't look back for the ball.  The other one, he just caught on him.  They put #15 (I believe) on his and he did a better job.  This team was converting on 3 and longs in the 4th quarter, and converting on long passes.  The play that killed me was another big third down.  There was a playaction and the defenders played their possition.  QB threw the ball, and a defender had a beat on the ball and went for the INT and missed, which lead to a biiiiig gain.  Just bat it down, for goodness sake!  Clements exploited Brooks only weakness, bottom line.

Guest FPHS 78

With less than one minute left in the game, Clement's Derek Carr threw a 64-yard pass to tight-end Walker Dille that set up the winning touchdown run by Chris Lenoir in the last 21 seconds of the game.

The one bright spot for Beaumont West Brook was Junior running back Christine Michael who was 23-for-177 yards and three touchdowns.

Team Stats

Clements        Beaumont West Brook

Total yards                            350                378

First downs                              15                13

Rushes/Yds                        43/151          31/234

Average rush                        3.51              7.55

Comp/Atts                            9/18              9/16

Pass yards                            199                144

Fumbles/Lost                          3/2                3/2

Penalties-yards                      7-45              5-35

They had a good season, but the overall downfall is what we have been saying for some weeks now.  The pass defense stunk up the place.  Sure there was the C. Lewis fumble.  But the reciever on the far side got 2 or 3 clutch passes on what appeared to be good coverage.  One play, #8 didn't look back for the ball.  The other one, he just caught on him.  They put #15 (I believe) on his and he did a better job.  This team was converting on 3 and longs in the 4th quarter, and converting on long passes.  The play that killed me was another big third down.  There was a playaction and the defenders played their possition.  QB threw the ball, and a defender had a beat on the ball and went for the INT and missed, which lead to a biiiiig gain.  Just bat it down, for goodness sake!  Clements exploited Brooks only weakness, bottom line.

yes they did.The offense will be potent next year because all the skill players will be back. The defense will be young with some sophmore starters(DE'S) but athletic and good. Yes, you will see some more 6'-5" defenders.

District 21-5A

Name                 Team                       Comp   Att   Pct     Yds   TD   INT

Christian Louis     Beaumont West Brook  127    206  61.65  2,031  18    9

Att    Yds    Yds/Att   TD

Christine Michael  Beaumont West Brook  200   1,173    5.87      24  

Jordan Garrett    Beaumont West Brook    7    100    14.29      1

Rec  Yds   Yds/Catch   TD

Joshua Powdrill    Beaumont West Brook   43   849        20         7

Rec  Yds   Yds/Catch   TD

Ryan Grant         Beaumont West Brook   39   650        17         4

Jordan Garrett    Beaumont West Brook    16  286        18        4

Top returning juniors on offense

Guest Robert Plant

Congrats on the great season WB. If yall dont wanna give up football yet theres plenty of room on the L-TRAIN!!!!

I'll be pulling for the L-Train and I'll be wearing my Bruin colors. However, I will not paint my face red and wear a powder blue wig.............Go get em

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont