Lumberton (11-1) vs. Waller(9-3)/WALLER ADVANCES

KFDM COOP

Actually Waller did play some good teams this year. They are a more than formidable team.  I would not underestimate ANY team in the playoffs. You better treat every team in the playoffs like they are South Lake Carroll if you know whats good for you.... Everyone is good by the 3rd round and anyone can win on any given night... Waller is going to bring a big bruising running back that is fast and a great running game with a passing game that works when they need it.. They are like PNG on steriods (figuratively speaking of course) and they bring the wood on defense. PNG took L Train down,,,, Waller can do it too,,, IF you get over confident.

Just keep doing EXACTLY what you have been doing and playing with the exact same attitude and you guys will be extremely tough to beat... Get cocky and a lesser team is going to take you down..... You are heros already,,, its all lagniappe from here on out...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Waller did play some good teams this year. They are a more than formidable team.  I would not underestimate ANY team in the playoffs. You better treat every team in the playoffs like they are South Lake Carroll if you know whats good for you.... Everyone is good by the 3rd round and anyone can win on any given night... Waller is going to bring a big bruising running back that is fast and a great running game with a passing game that works when they need it.. They are like PNG on steriods (figuratively speaking of course) and they bring the wood on defense. PNG took L Train down,,,, Waller can do it too,,, IF you get over confident.

Just keep doing EXACTLY what you have been doing and playing with the exact same attitude and you guys will be extremely tough to beat... Get cocky and a lesser team is going to take you down..... You are heros already,,, its all lagniappe from here on out...

I'm sure the coaches will keep the team under control...the fans...well, that's a different story ;D

Well said great post.

Tey have a RB that's a 1,000 yard rusher along with a QB who is a 1,000 yards rushing on the year to go along with his 1,000 yds passing. Theyre a big time option rushing team but Texas isn't looking at the back they have I can promise you that, he's good but not that good! If Lumberton stays true to who they've been they'll come out on top in a low scoring game since both teams rush alot, probably 24-14 Lumberton.

Tey have a RB that's a 1,000 yard rusher along with a QB who is a 1,000 yards rushing on the year to go along with his 1,000 yds passing. Theyre a big time option rushing team but Texas isn't looking at the back they have I can promise you that, he's good but not that good! If Lumberton stays true to who they've been they'll come out on top in a low scoring game since both teams rush alot, probably 24-14 Lumberton.

Eh, they look "ok" on paper. Luckett had 90 carries 828 yards, about 9 yards per carry in the regular season. They probably average about 6-7 yards per carry collectively. They have 2 primary ball carriers, RB Luckett and the QB Jeremy Phillips,,, with a committee of other backs that have good a good number of carries. Collectively they have over 2000 yards on the ground and about 1300 yards (61% completion rate) in the air.

What I remember they ran hard, hit hard and play to win.

It looks like there run defense is extremely tough and they did not allow many yards on the ground to anyone but Lamar Consolidated, they gave a lot of points up to Bay City, Lamar Consolidated, and Brenham which are pretty potent and balanced offenses, two of those games were losing efforts. Most of the rest of their games they only allowed 7 poiints and just totally shutdown the running game.... except Nederland who won that game 21-14,,, which was before our defense imploded on us.

Looks like an interesting matchup.. The teams dont look all that different on paper.

First of all WE bring the helmet too, it's not like LaMarque is as good as advertised either, but i will tell you this, Lumberton will show up against anyone, and we'll prevail, so we'll see YOU in two weeks hopefully!!!!

Never said Lumberton couldn't bring the helmet.  Touchy, touchy, I was just stating that is what Waller is known for and have always been known for hard hitting smash mouth football.  When you make it this far in the playoffs all the teams are good.  Good luck with them country boys from Waller!

So Waller is one dimentional (sp)?  Lumberton's coaching staff is too good at this point to let a running team beat them.  Keep the L-train steaming full speed ahead

L-train 24 - 17

Yep, I concur. Except I think the win will be a little more convincing maybe 31-10 or something like that. I just dont think teams are prepared for how hungry Lumberton is. Plus Coach C or whoever is calling plays is calling incredibly smart games.

Do they have a big time player?? Nederland fans help me out here, yall have played them. Whats the down low on Waller

Waller's main threat when we played them was the QB, Jeremy Phillips, who is also the coach's son. He is a big option QB has above average speed and pretty tough to bring down. He runs the option really well. They had a couple of good backs as well. They have a hard hitting defense that played zone and confused our passing game, but that was Kirby's first start against good competition. He had only played against Forest Brook prior to that. Their main problem against us was fumbles. They put the ball on the ground like 7 times if I remember right. That is the only reason we were in the game, we took two to the house for scores. Our only drive of the night was a game winning drive with under 2 minutes left. Asa caught around a 40-yard TD pass for the win.

It should be a good game with two very talented defenses.  With the speed of our D line and linbacker crew we can shutdown the option.  Duvall, J. Ward, Hanna and crew simply play PHENOMINAL.  Our safeties and cornerbacks proved against LM they can hang with the most talented receivers. That is primarily due to the fact that the QB was running for his life because our front 7 but these guys a good also. 

I think Lumberton's versatility on the offensive side of the ball makes the difference.  We proved against two of the best defenses we faced (LM, PNG) that we can throw the ball if you slow down our running game. 

DeJohn, with his senior leadership and confidence in his players, seems to be at his best in big games.  I think both he and Hussey continue with great performances.

WE STILL NEED TO WORK ON OUR CLOCK MANAGEMENT SKILLS.  We should have kicked that fieldgoal as time expired in the LM game.  Coaching staff has done great all year except in this area.     

playoffs, seems like anyone  on any given night can win. its all gonna come

down to the individual teams match ups baby. turnovers r a killer,coaching

is usually pretty good at this pt, & a teams intensity will carry them on in

the close ones.oh & dont forget about those 7 -9 thousand raider fans &

their blaring horns. wall will be another formidable foe, no doubt here, all

teams are like peaking rt, now, but the cream will rise to the top on fri,

who will it be , ill stick with them raiders. i never seen a bunch of coaches work so hard, so dont worry about the coaching r readiness, them raiders

will have to lay it all on the line again to continue down those long tracks

they have been steaming down all season with them roudy fans along for

the ride, & what a ride it has been so far. put the stats out there,sizes,

speeds, oponents, it all comes down fri night to the match ups baby, not

whats on paper,wad paper up & its a paper ball,paper balls cant do much,

again ,teams with lesser total yds,first downs,more penaltys, ect, won on fri night, its all coming down to hunger,intensity all game, exacution of o & d

& again, the ind. match ups.if match ups r bad in some areas, coaching comes in to play,this may r may not let u win. lets go raiders, fear no one,

look past no one, one game at a time. rt now u can play with everybody,

just dont worry about anything this week but waller,fri dont look past the

one across from u, but take it to them,if it hurts u, hurt it back ,dont gice in r up,break their will,if they dont break, dont let them break u, even if in pain

when u lose ,u let it happen ,but winning u make it happen. good luck to

them raiders, u guys have been warriors.

Guest tigersvoice

I don't know if anyone ever answered me, but if so, I missed it, and I will apologize for asking again. I was reeeeeeallllllly tired yesterday!  :)

WHO is the HOME team this game?

Waller is the home team this game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed