Tournament Results 8/17-8/19

BBfan061

1 hour ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:
  1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

@FortheloveofthegameUpdate the sets then, I hear ya. The coach should update it but if they don't help he girls get the respect they deserve by reporting atleast W/Ls.  I always wondered why the rest of the state updates but SETX doesn't. It seems like lack of education on expectations or maybe its that volleyball just isn't that big a deal in that part of the state which ties back to the lack of big time club volleyball in the area.

1 hour ago, Fortheloveofthegame said:

Being married to a coach, he (my husband) always make sure he reports his wins/losses/stats/etc.  I agree on the fact of volleyball not being a big deal to about 90% of the area.  My daughter has played club for years and it's growing, especially compared to how small it was 5 years ago, but the local interest is nowhere near where it could be. 

It is such a disservice to the local girls that VB stats are either severely underreported on MaxPreps or just flat-out wrong, whether intentional or accidental.  It makes it even more annoying when you know that VB teams have managers and multiple Assistant Coaches who can help get these stats in quickly.  Hell, there are services now that directly import stats into MaxPreps, it doesn't have to be a manual process anymore.   

Getting stats updated, quickly and correctly, in MaxPreps helps to get kids the recognition they deserve, but it seems like too many programs in this area are just not concerned with pumping up their own players.

The Houston Chronicle uses MaxPreps for their player rankings and if you know a little about VB in this area, you can tell that deserving players are missing or some that are listed have incredibly inflated stats.

1 hour ago, THS99 said:

It is such a disservice to the local girls that VB stats are either severely underreported on MaxPreps or just flat-out wrong, whether intentional or accidental.  It makes it even more annoying when you know that VB teams have managers and multiple Assistant Coaches who can help get these stats in quickly.  Hell, there are services now that directly import stats into MaxPreps, it doesn't have to be a manual process anymore.   

Getting stats updated, quickly and correctly, in MaxPreps helps to get kids the recognition they deserve, but it seems like too many programs in this area are just not concerned with pumping up their own players.

The Houston Chronicle uses MaxPreps for their player rankings and if you know a little about VB in this area, you can tell that deserving players are missing or some that are listed have incredibly inflated stats.

Yeah and some people even coaches that report things to maxpreps don’t report the right info… for example a couple weeks ago Bellville play Comal Davenport in a tournament… it was a best of 3 like every other tournament. Bellville won game 1 and dropped the next two unfortunately… Whatever coach that reported the score reported it a 3-0 win for Davenport which wasn’t even possible lol so I tried to change the results and the site said I couldn’t due to the fact that it was a coach that reported the score and I’d have to email the support department… I did and nothing was ever changed lol

2 hours ago, THS99 said:

I completely agree with you. 

20 hours ago, THS99 said:

100%