Tournament Scores/Results week of Aug. 7th

23 hours ago, Hawks18 said:

Will anyone be at the central height’s tournament?

Not there, but I did hear Tatum beat Hardin.  Tatum is usually pretty good and a program that has been on the rise for a couple of years.  However, they did lose to Nederland last year which is historically no competition for Hardin.  Further evidence this team (Hardin) is a far cry from what it has been for the last 24 years.

Score was Tatum 25-14, 25-11

2 hours ago, JimAdler said:

Not there, but I did hear Tatum beat Hardin.  Tatum is usually pretty good and a program that has been on the rise for a couple of years.  However, they did lose to Nederland last year which is historically no competition for Hardin.  Further evidence this team (Hardin) is a far cry from what it has been for the last 24 years.

Score was Tatum 25-14, 25-11

Except that Tatum is ranked number 4 in the state above Central Heights, and East Bernard. So unless you're trying to say those 2 programs are just a mediocre team that are ranked incorrectly, then I might want to do a little more research next time before you just start to staking claim to Tatum just being an average team that was suppose to get beat by Hardin. I'm not saying Hardin isn't going to have it's struggles with being more than half of a new team. And yes that means the team isn't exactly the team from last year, but I'd be willing to bet by looking at Coach Snell's track record and the girls she's had to use throughout the years to win those 19 out of 21 District championships, along with 20 something playoff appearances, that another one isn't completely out of the question. I wouldn't be throwing her to the side and counting them out of another one, cause it sounds like this might be a little too personal coming from you, if you were to ask me. Maybe a child didn't make the varsity or something along those lines.

56 minutes ago, TAMU10 said:

Except that Tatum is ranked number 4 in the state above Central Heights, and East Bernard. So unless you're trying to say those 2 programs are just a mediocre team that are ranked incorrectly, then I might want to do a little more research next time before you just start to staking claim to Tatum just being an average team that was suppose to get beat by Hardin. I'm not saying Hardin isn't going to have it's struggles with being more than half of a new team. And yes that means the team isn't exactly the team from last year, but I'd be willing to bet by looking at Coach Snell's track record and the girls she's had to use throughout the years to win those 19 out of 21 District championships, along with 20 something playoff appearances, that another one isn't completely out of the question. I wouldn't be throwing her to the side and counting them out of another one, cause it sounds like this might be a little too personal coming from you, if you were to ask me. Maybe a child didn't make the varsity or something along those lines.

I think she's doing just fine in Liberty where she is....you know the team that beat Hardin last year before playoffs?  Sounds to me like sour grapes zachary.  The good thing Hardin has going for them, is they have been in a trash district for the last 24 of 24 years.  Nothing in my post was personal, but you took it personal.  I said Tatum was good and that they lost to Nederland, which are both facts.   Name the wager on IF hardin wins district or not.   I'll gladly take that bet.

14 hours ago, JimAdler said:

I think she's doing just fine in Liberty where she is....you know the team that beat Hardin last year before playoffs?  Sounds to me like sour grapes zachary.  The good thing Hardin has going for them, is they have been in a trash district for the last 24 of 24 years.  Nothing in my post was personal, but you took it personal.  I said Tatum was good and that they lost to Nederland, which are both facts.   Name the wager on IF hardin wins district or not.   I'll gladly take that bet.

Definitely not sour Mikey Templeton, just don't understand why if yall are happy at Liberty why we are constantly putting down another program? But yes you're right Hardin lost to Liberty in 5 which your daughter was not apart of either team at that time. But how about we look at a little more recent comparison if that's what you're wanting to do. Like Liberty getting beat in 3 to LCM, where that trash team of Hardin took LCM to 5 just the other day. But I digress,  I just think maybe we should leave personal feelings of coaches, schools, or athletes out of all of this.

2 hours ago, TAMU10 said:

Definitely not sour Mikey Templeton, just don't understand why if yall are happy at Liberty why we are constantly putting down another program? But yes you're right Hardin lost to Liberty in 5 which your daughter was not apart of either team at that time. But how about we look at a little more recent comparison if that's what you're wanting to do. Like Liberty getting beat in 3 to LCM, where that trash team of Hardin took LCM to 5 just the other day. But I digress,  I just think maybe we should leave personal feelings of coaches, schools, or athletes out of all of this.

Personal feelings?   What the hell are you talking about, Zachary Arthur?  Are you unstable mentally?  Where did you read anything I said in any of these comments that was an attack toward your employers program?  Get your house in order, son.

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

This is the most action the volleyball board has seen in years😂

That's what I was thinking.  I guess its a good PR move.  Hopefully, it drives up the ratings! Ha

Barbers Hill finishes 10th  and as the highest finishing 5A team.

Key notes - Beat Manvel in 2 and #1 5a Houston ranked Friendswood in 3 who are potential 3rd round playoff matchups

Beat #3 State Ranked 5A Birdville in 3

Two of their loses were in close sets to the teams in the championship Dripping Springs and Mt St Marys.

After leading 6A defending State Champ and current #1 6A Dripping Springs the Eagles fell in two close sets.

Lost in 3 to Mt St Mary from Oklahoma  who was 47-1 last year. 3rd match went to 25 (23-25), had it only gone to 15 as most 3rd sets do the Eagles would have won 15-13. 

Good showing while also learning some things. The Eagles should be state ranked next week.

District foes Crosby and Nederland finished 39th and 42nd respectively. 

Nederland beat 44th place Bryan twice and 48th place Porter for their three wins.

Crosby beat 40th place Kingwood Park, 45th place Sequin and 47th place Spring for their three wins. 

This is the hidden content, please

I missed some scores but looks like Bellville finished 31st out of 49 teams in the Katy/Cy Fair ISD Tournament . Despite by far being the smallest school in the tournament still not necessarily the finish we wanted and got some things to work on. 6A Conroe Grand Oaks finished 8-0 and is the tournament champion. 

16 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

Someone needs to start updating scores for the volleyball team. Anyone can do it but seems like with the staff that is online here there is plenty of them to do it.  It shows they are 0-4 right now. 

That is from the other teams who have a MaxPreps account.  When they record a win/loss, it is reflected in the other team's profile as well. Most years, the MaxPreps is very inconsistent in records.  Hardin does not have a MaxPreps account that is officially kept up by Hardin staff.   They are currently 4-5 at the moment, but improving every day.   If someone were to go back over the past years, one would see that the majority of the losses for Hardin seasons occurred in the early part of the season.  

The question of the day: Are Kenny Powers and Jim Adler the same person?  

35 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

Someone needs to start updating scores for the volleyball team. Anyone can do it but seems like with the staff that is online here there is plenty of them to do it.  It shows they are 0-4 right now. 

Hardin lost to buna in 3 sets yesterday at the CH tournament. I think this is bunas first time beating Hardin in school history 

14 minutes ago, highsky said:

That is from the other teams who have a MaxPreps account.  When they record a win/loss, it is reflected in the other team's profile as well. Most years, the MaxPreps is very inconsistent in records.  Hardin does not have a MaxPreps account that is officially kept up by Hardin staff.   They are currently 4-5 at the moment, but improving every day.   If someone were to go back over the past years, one would see that the majority of the losses for Hardin seasons occurred in the early part of the season.  

The question of the day: Are Kenny Powers and Jim Adler the same person?  

LOL I'm a BH fan my man but I have to admit the small town Hardin drama is fun to watch. Popping some popcorn now! 

I understand its from other teams posting maxpreps scores, get with the times and register an account and update. Maxpreps is 100% accurate when the coach updates it themselves.  Its free and it gives the girls exposure. Maxpreps puts together national stat leaders with coaches using maxpreps, I guess the question is why isnt Hardin?  If I was a parent I'd be pissed.

And just like BH, Hardin has always been a historically weak district so of course "most" of their losses are going to be early in the season. It's a good measuring stick on how far a team might make a run in the playoffs. How many of Hardins district foes have any girls that play club? Any? I have no clue but my guess is one or zero. 

51 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

LOL I'm a BH fan my man but I have to admit the small town Hardin drama is fun to watch. Popping some popcorn now! 

I understand its from other teams posting maxpreps scores, get with the times and register an account and update. Maxpreps is 100% accurate when the coach updates it themselves.  Its free and it gives the girls exposure. Maxpreps puts together national stat leaders with coaches using maxpreps, I guess the question is why isnt Hardin?  If I was a parent I'd be pissed.

And just like BH, Hardin has always been a historically weak district so of course "most" of their losses are going to be early in the season. It's a good measuring stick on how far a team might make a run in the playoffs. How many of Hardins district foes have any girls that play club? Any? I have no clue but my guess is one or zero. 

You talk/type just like Jim Adler. On here, anybody can say that they are a fan of a certain school and there’s not much evidence to disprove that.  All a poster has to do is consistently “support” a school and say they’re a fan.  That’s the online world for you. I’m sure there are multiple people here that have multiple accounts. For what purpose, I don’t know. 

By the way, Hardin does just fine without a MaxPreps account. The college worthy players that have come through the program have all found a spot somewhere.  Not just in volleyball too. Hardin softball players have found college homes as well.