22-4A SWEEP OR SWEPT

i see a bunch of homers here.

dayton will probably beat t.c.....no they will beat them.

lumpton(lol) will be derailed. and will be chugging with thomas the train.

too much of mr. rodgers for pn-g.welcome to his neighborhood.

Too much of the PNG "D" welcome to our neighborhood mr rodgers

[move]SCALP EM INDIANS BEAT EM BLACK AN BLUE[/move]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right . When my common sense takes over I agree with you, but I just have a gut feeling that this year it will be different.

I know what makes comfortable and historical sense here and that is to pick LaMarque.. Thats the same logic of why many were picking Nederland over Lumberton. That is, that when it comes to crunch time, they typically win this game. But history does not win games, and things are different this year. LaMarque is not the unbeatable goliath that they have been in the past and Lumberton is a seriously good football team, not the Raiders of old. These guys from Lumberton know that LaMarque is not a super-team this year and they are coming to win this game, not just to enjoy the experience.  Yeah its easy and safe to pick LaMarque but its not necessarily logical to heavily favor them in this game. I would say if anything its too close to call because LaMarque has proven themselves plently beatable and Lumberton has proven that play to win and leave it all on the field.. And let me tell you something else Lumberton is extremely hungry and they are extremely GOOD. They are for real. They might get beaten by LaMarque and its a 50/50 chance that whoever you pick you will be right. But tonight Lumbertons biggest foe will be the La-Marque Cooooo-gah hype,,, succumbing to it will most certainly ensure a convincing loss. If they go in there and do what they have been doing they have a very good opportunity to shock the arrogant and boisterous Cougar nation.

Guest tigersvoice

I know what makes comfortable and historical sense here and that is to pick LaMarque.. Thats the same logic of why many were picking Nederland over Lumberton. That is, that when it comes to crunch time, they typically win this game. But history does not win games, and things are different this year. LaMarque is not the unbeatable goliath that they have been in the past and Lumberton is a seriously good football team, not the Raiders of old. These guys from Lumberton know that LaMarque is not a super-team this year and they are coming to win this game, not just to enjoy the experience.  Yeah its easy and safe to pick LaMarque but its not necessarily logical to heavily favor them in this game. I would say if anything its too close to call because LaMarque has proven themselves plently beatable and Lumberton has proven that play to win and leave it all on the field.. And let me tell you something else Lumberton is extremely hungry and they are extremely GOOD. They are for real. They might get beaten by LaMarque and its a 50/50 chance that whoever you pick you will be right. But tonight Lumbertons biggest foe will be the La-Marque Cooooo-gah hype,,, succumbing to it will most certainly ensure a convincing loss. If they go in there and do what they have been doing they have a very good opportunity to shock the arrogant and boisterous Cougar nation.

Very astute post "EAST" - I'm impressed with you!  ;D

SFA85 you are just a L-Town HATER!! You have never had anything postive to say about the Raiders the entire year!! You can get mad make derrogatory statements about the Raiders from now on!! One thing about LM is just because of their past playoff history I can guarantee you that when you look at that score board before the game there will NOT be any extra points for them being past champions!! Same as there will not be any extra points for the tremendous backing that L-Town brings!! But come Saturday morning you will be eating CROW!!

These L-Town fans take GREAT pride in their team, the reason they say these thing about these kids having their eyes on a playoff run since they were in middle school is because it is TRUE!!! They have been coached by Coah Credeur since the 7th grade so there hasn't been a change for them. Only the Varsity level.

Don't be a hater JUMP on the L-Train!!!

Dude you think that every comment that doesnt end in "lumberton is the greatest team ever" is coming from a L-Town hater not just a guy telling the truth

Guest gladiator2

I believe that Dayton will be the only team playing next week as much as I love watching Indian football. Dayton will win by at 17 points. Dayton has too many weapons on Offense, Defense,Special Teams, and their water boy's are probally better than alot of other teams player's.The QB is very good at finding the open man and he has plenty to choose from and if you want to take the pass away than they have a pretty good running back. The only way Dayton has any problems is if they turn the ball over. Dayton 42- TC 13. Yes Dayton is this good!!

As much as I would like for Lumberton to win, I don't think so. Most people around here are picking Lumberton over Lamarque by what they seen in week 0 against PNG. Remember that it was week 0 and Lamarque was learning a new offense and back then it was not pretty at all. They had a couple of busted plays go for TDS and that was it. I believe that PNG was trying to run a new offense that night and it was not pretty. So you can't judge PNG or Lamarque by week 0. As for as hearing about how good L-Train's defense is I don't really see what people are talking about (no disrespect just stating my opinion). I believe that if Lamarque wanted to just line up and run it right at them it would not be a problem.  A couple of nights ago I was watching replays from 2 games on FNE on cable and after watching the replays nothing changed my mind. I did see a lot of hard hitting but every team from here on out will hit you in the mouth. I will be at the game rooting for Lumberton and you never know but I say Lamarque turns a close game at the half into a blowout  LM 41-L-TRAIN 17.

As for as PNG goes It appears that it will be a wet night and as hard as it is to get to Jacquizz it will even be alot harder. It will probally be hard to throw the football and I'm certain that LC will have 8 men in the box and force us to beat them throwing the ball which could lead to turnovers. We already have problems with the center-qb exchange and it could be more problems on a rainy night. It will take a great defensive game plan and even greater task if the defense can carry out the game plan. I hate to say this but LC 34 - PNG 17. PNG players' prove me wrong and let's go on to next week. GOOD LUCK!!

In this game of High School football you never know what can happen, especially in the playoffs. 22-4A teams, play your hearts out and you never know because each team is very talented and are very capable of winning or losing. Go for the sweep!!! Go INDIAN'S,BRONCO'S,RAIDER'S!!!!

It ain't gonna happen Mike... Even though the 20 mph wind has added a *12th man* to the Lumberton defense, it ain't gonna happen.  Coogs may lose to either Waller or Yates next week, but they ain't going down tonight.  You and I have known each other a long, long time and you know that I love to talk *smack*, but you also know that I can be completely unbiased when it comes to assessing the Coogahs.  Having said that, I want you to Marque this down... the L-Train (and everyone on it) is going to be given a lesson in *Playoff-101* tonight at Stallworth.

Guest TravelingBandsman

I'll have to agree. Even though it'd be great to see Lumberton win, I just don't think they can beat La Marque now. Lumberton is a good team and before anyone calls me a "L-TOWN HATER", let it be known that I would support Lumberton in any game other than that against Dayton. I think Lumberton has something here to grow on and if it was against another team from that district, I would predict otherwise but it seems that La Marque is showing the overall superiority now in 23-4A. It will be close in the first half but La Marque pulls away in the 2nd.

As much as I would like for Lumberton to win, I don't think so. Most people around here are picking Lumberton over Lamarque by what they seen in week 0 against PNG.

Not me. I basing it on the fact that LaMarque lost the important games and their defense is giving up points to teams that can run the football. Also there offense is run by committee and has been good but not unstoppable. Again, I dont predict a Lumberton win here,,,, but I definitely dont predict a sure win for LaMarque. This should turn out to be a really good game.

It ain't gonna happen Mike... Even though the 20 mph wind has added a *12th man* to the Lumberton defense, it ain't gonna happen.  Coogs may lose to either Waller or Yates next week, but they ain't going down tonight.  You and I have known each other a long, long time and you know that I love to talk *smack*, but you also know that I can be completely unbiased when it comes to assessing the Coogahs.  Having said that, I want you to Marque this down... the L-Train (and everyone on it) is going to be given a lesson in *Playoff-101* tonight at Stallworth.

I know G. ;) LaMarque should be the favorite and rightfully so by picking rights,,, but I dont think that this is going to be liken to a round 1 blowout game against some nobody team. You know I watch a lot of ball and I have a decent eye,, I am tellin ya' Lumberton is really good man, these guys can play football. Their defense is quick, hard hitting, smart, physical and disciplined but not overly conservative and they play really smart offense too. They are creative but not stupid like the Dogs have been before with playcalling and they dont make mistakes. I would give LaMarque much better odds against Waller than I would against Lumberton. Should be fun to watch. Gimme a call if you wanna hook up and watch the game. I will be heading over by myself to watch the game and then spending the night with a friend in Dickinson.

I know G. ;) LaMarque should be the favorite and rightfully so by picking rights,,, but I dont think that this is going to be liken to a round 1 blowout game against some nobody team. You know I watch a lot of ball and I have a decent eye,, I am tellin ya' Lumberton is really good man, these guys can play football. Their defense is quick, hard hitting, smart, physical and disciplined but not overly conservative and they play really smart offense too. They are creative but not stupid like the Dogs have been before with playcalling and they dont make mistakes. I would give LaMarque much better odds against Waller than I would against Lumberton. Should be fun to watch. Gimme a call if you wanna hook up and watch the game. I will be heading over by myself to watch the game and then spending the night with a friend in Dickinson.

I may do just that...

The key to the game is going to be the Lumberton defense.  I'm not sure that they've got the DB's to stay with the Coogah WR's.  The wind is probably going to take away the deep routes to #7, but I still think that the Coogah intermediate game will have a lot of success.  How tall are the Raiduh DB's?  (Look for tha Coogahs to focus on any matchup(s) they have against any DB that's under 5'10".)

LM "Coogah" fans get a side of crow with their humble pie tonight.

Way to go Raiders!!  You have made all of SETX proud!! 

I think 22-4A will sweep this weekend;

PNG - 24

LC -- 21

Lumberton - 17

LaMarque  - 14

Dayton  - 35

Texas City - 14

All 3 have a chance to be playing in December

Get in line with I told you so's Mike, and now our fellow Mid Countians will finish off 24-4A.

The "I told you so" was mostly for my old friend C4L who I have been doing this for 10 years with,,,,, he and I have talked, watched and predicted a LOT of football together offline as well as online. Plus a couple of others who tell me that just because I did not play high school football that I am not qualified to judge what I see.... as if.  ::)

I saw your earlier predictions as well, I thought you made great calls on the score but I didnt want to make solid predicitons since I had not seen TC play at all this season. But reviewing their game stats online made it pretty clear that both LaMarque and TC were not as unbeatable as the hype.  However, I did see how good Lumberton is and I have been taking heat for predicting Lumberton and Dayton to meet in the playoffs since before the Nederland Lumberton game, actually right after the end of the PNG Lumberton game..... They who gave me crap about it know who they are. Those guys never expected Lumberton to get anywhere near this far. Waller will be no easy team to beat, and Lumberton must realize they if they let up or start to swagger in the least bit they will lgo down hard. If they play with the same determinedness, resolve, will, focus and heart that they had last night,,,, they might even shock a few more teams before they are done, if you know what I mean. 

As far as PNG, I sure hope you are right big guy. I will be there among friends pulling for them tonight but I am not as confident about PNG as I was last nights games.

The "I told you so" was mostly for my old friend C4L who I have been doing this for 10 years with,,,,, he and I have talked, watched and predicted a LOT of football together offline as well as online. Plus a couple of others who tell me that just because I did not play high school football that I am not qualified to judge what I see.... as if.  ::)

I saw your earlier predictions as well, I thought you made great calls on the score but I didnt want to make solid predicitons since I had not seen TC play at all this season. But reviewing their game stats online made it pretty clear that both LaMarque and TC were not as unbeatable as the hype.  However, I did see how good Lumberton is and I have been taking heat for predicting Lumberton and Dayton to meet in the playoffs since before the Nederland Lumberton game, actually right after the end of the PNG Lumberton game..... They who gave me crap about it know who they are. Those guys never expected Lumberton to get anywhere near this far. Waller will be no easy team to beat, and Lumberton must realize they if they let up or start to swagger in the least bit they will lgo down hard. If they play with the same determinedness, resolve, will, focus and heart that they had last night,,,, they might even shock a few more teams before they are done, if you know what I mean. 

As far as PNG, I sure hope you are right big guy. I will be there among friends pulling for them tonight but I am not as confident about PNG as I was last nights games.

Mike, Man, you must really be a big football fan if your going out in that crap tonight.  I wouldn't be there if it weren't PNG for sure.

As far as C4L, I told him the same thing on the phone, and on the LM board.  He also sent me text messages throughout the game and I jabbed him a bit too.  I picked Lumberton all along, "in a close one".  I was just not as  impressed w/ LM as in yrs. past.  Even though they improved alot since week 0, they showed that they were beatable and Credure capitalized on that.

See you at the game.  I hear the weather will be perfect for football....PNG football anyways.

Mike, Man, you must really be a big football fan if your going out in that crap tonight.  I wouldn't be there if it weren't PNG for sure.

As far as C4L, I told him the same thing on the phone, and on the LM board.  He also sent me text messages throughout the game and I jabbed him a bit too.  I picked Lumberton all along, "in a close one".  I was just not as  impressed w/ LM as in yrs. past.  Even though they improved alot since week 0, they showed that they were beatable and Credure capitalized on that.

See you at the game.  I hear the weather will be perfect for football....PNG football anyways.

LOL, took you this long to figure it out eh? 8) I am a huge fan of HSFB, not just a Bulldog fan. I really, truly, love the heart that the high school kids play with... I love their do or die spirit... Does not matter which team. I just love the whole experience. Nederland and PNG are my favorites, but I could watch playoffs all day, I dont care who is playing... I will be there tonight with a couple of friends. Rain or shine, I will be warm and dry... I can't wait for tonites game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83