the power house district: 21-3a

who takes it the longest  

43 members have voted

1. 1. who takes it the longest

• kirbyville
    • jasper
    • WOS

I think WO-S is the best overall team, but Jasper's bracket is the easiest. I don't know who will go further, but WO-S does have the potential to beat its next two opponents, who are ranked #1 and (probably) #6 in the state. We'll see. Sucks that there's no way to re-configure brackets to re-seed round-by-round like they do in some UIL events.

I think WO-S is the best overall team, but Jasper's bracket is the easiest. I don't know who will go further, but WO-S does have the potential to beat its next two opponents, who are ranked #1 and (probably) #6 in the state. We'll see. Sucks that there's no way to re-configure brackets to re-seed round-by-round like they do in some UIL events.

What events are you referring to where they re-configure round by round?

Are you referring to the the final 4 State Finalists in the volleyball, basketball and baseball tournaments?

Like Lee Corso would say " Not so fast my friend ". I wouldn't claim district 21-3A a state powerhouse district just yet. These teams have only been together in this district for just 2 years and nobody has advanced past the second round yet. All three teams( Silsbee, WOS, Kirbyville) lost in the second round last year and the three teams( Jasper, WOS, Kirbyville ) have not even played their second rounds this year. There is a possibility of all three losing because of the quality of teams each are facing this week. Until this district( which btw, may not even exist next year ) has multiple teams go 3,4, and 5 rounds deep, you can't label it a state powerhouse district.

if one of the 3 teams wins state or at least makes it then i say that this 21-3A district is the toughest 3A district in almost every sport...

last year...

BOYS SPORTS... (3 state champs, 1 state semi-finalists, 2 state 3rd place finishes, 1 state 5th place finish, 2 8th place state finish, and 2 regional finalists)

Football - WOS

Basketball - HJ (STATE CHAMPS!)

Silsbee (regional finalisists)

Baseball - Jasper (STATE CHAMPS!)

Bridge City (regional finalists)

HJ (2 rounds deep)

Track and Field - WOS (8th place team finish)(Earl Thomas - Long Jump 3rd place---4x100 meter relay 3rd place--                        -4x200 meter relay - 5th place)

Silsbee (Donovan Harris - 110 meter hurdles STATE CHAMP!)

Cross Country - Bridge City (8th place team finish)

Tennis - Silsbee (Matthew Deaver - state semi-finalists in boys singles)

GIRLS SPORTS... (1 state finalist, 3 regional semi-finalists) (most teams knocked out by a team that ended up making it to state)

Volleyball - Bridge City - (regional semifinalists)

Silsbee - (2 rounds deep; lost to eventual state semi-finalists)

Hamshire Fannette - (2 rounds deep)

Basketball - Orangfield (regional semifinalists)

West Orange Stark (regional semifinalists; lost to eventual state semi-finalists/finalists crockett)

Silsbee (3 rounds deep; lost to eventual regional semi-finalists WOS)

Softball - Silsbee (2 rounds deep)

Bridge City (2 rounds deep)

Tennis - Kirbyville - Salina Aranda (state finalists in girls singles)

Anyone know of any other district in the state (any classification) that put up numbers like that in one year?

if one of the 3 teams wins state or at least makes it then i say that this 21-3A district is the toughest 3A district in almost every sport...

I ALREADY BELIEVE THAT 21-3A is a powerhouse district... heres some stats to back that up also...

last year...

BOYS SPORTS... (3 state champs, 1 state semi-finalists, 2 state 3rd place finishes, 1 state 5th place finish, 1 8th place state finish, and 2 regional finalists)

Football - WOS

Basketball - HJ (STATE CHAMPS!)

Silsbee (regional finalisists)

Baseball - Jasper (STATE CHAMPS!)

Bridge City (regional finalists)

HJ (2 rounds deep)

Track and Field - WOS (8th place team finish)(Earl Thomas - Long Jump 3rd place---4x100 meter relay 3rd place--                        -4x200 meter relay - 5th place)

Silsbee (Donovan Harris - 110 meter hurdles STATE CHAMP!)

Tennis - Silsbee (Matthew Deaver - state semi-finalists in boys singles)

GIRLS SPORTS... (1 state finalist, 3 regional semi-finalists) (most teams knocked out by a team that ended up making it to state)

Volleyball - Bridge City - (regional semifinalists)

Silsbee - (2 rounds deep; lost to eventual state semi-finalists)

Hamshire Fannette - (2 rounds deep)

Basketball - Orangfield (regional semifinalists)

West Orange Stark (regional semifinalists; lost to eventual state semi-finalists/finalists crockett)

Silsbee (3 rounds deep; lost to eventual regional semi-finalists WOS)

Softball - Silsbee (2 rounds deep)

Bridge City (2 rounds deep)

Tennis - Kirbyville - Salina Aranda (state finalists in girls singles)

Anyone know of any other district in the state (any classification) that put up numbers like that in one year?

I didn't know that the UIL re-configured any brackets.  What sports do they do that?

I didn't know that the UIL re-configured any brackets.  What sports do they do that?

Lets see - After all games are played on Friday & Saturday, a committe meets on Sunday and re-seeds the remaining teams and then calls the coaches so they can secure a stadium? ? ? ? Oooooohhhh K. 

Imagine all the pouting about:

"Why do we have to play Team A?" 

"If you look at our schedule versus their schedule.............."

"We are getting screwed in all of these Secret Meetings Everyone hates us. :'( 

"Do we "re seed by points or head to head?"

This re-seeding round by round would include weekly wars and probably court injunctions.

I've been out here in Arizona for almost a year now.  I was a 18 yr season ticket holder at WO-S.  Out here in Az. after the regular season is over they re seed the top 16 teams in the state and it is done based on a power point system.  I haven't figured out how they do the power points yet, but iwould assume a lot of it has to do with who you play.  Of course they don't have near the number of teams that Texas has.  I tell you after watching football out here their is no comparison to Texas football.  I still listen to  Gary Stelly every Friday to get my fix on SE Texas football.

Go all SE Texas teams, represent all the local districts well.  And to the Mustangs, you've got a score to settle.

Lets see - After all games are played on Friday & Saturday, a committe meets on Sunday and re-seeds the remaining teams and then calls the coaches so they can secure a stadium? ? ? ? Oooooohhhh K. 

Imagine all the pouting about:

"We are getting screwed in all of these Secret Meetings Everyone hates us. :'( 

"Do we "re seed by points or head to head?"

This re-seeding round by round would include weekly wars and probably court injunctions.

Hence the phrasing: "there's no way to re-configure brackets." I didn't ask why they don't. I'm stating, in more specific language, that it sucks to see two of the best in the state playing an elimination game while some matchups feature two teams that could beat neither of the two at hand.

I don't know that they do it in any sports. I'm pretty sure they don't. I said "events," such as debate, etc. At least, they used to.

It was a pie-in-the-sky kinda thing.

That said, I can fix all of those daunting questions:

Because you do. We're the UIL. You don't wanna play Team A? Go home. It's up to you.

Uh huh. Noted. Good luck Saturday.

"We are getting screwed in all of these Secret Meetings Everyone hates us."

You're nuts. Good luck Saturday.

"Do we re seed by points or head to head?"

How many of these teams have already played? We re-seed by power rankings provided by WOS87. Happy? No? Tough s##t. We're the UIL. Good luck Saturday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83