Region 3 Tournament

Bread

The two lumberton teams our last chance to have a local team advance.  They both have a shot, but the boys have a slightly easier matchup.  The girls play Bay City, who is 26-2 with their only losses coming a 6A playoff team from Houston and 1-0 to salado, who’s already advanced today.  They’ve won their 3 playoff games 8-0, 9-0, and 10-0.  The 10-0 win came against Columbia, who came into that game with a 21-3 record.  

Lumberton scores to go up 3-0, this on an own goal off a corner.  All three of them have come off of set pieces, 2 of them off massive bay city mistakes.  Lumberton has been by far the better team so far.  I wasn’t expecting them to roll bay city after the two teams’ last game results.  

Bay city looked a lot better in the 2nd half, but lumberton has done a great job of limiting their quality chances.  3-0 still with about 2 minutes left, so the 409 has at least one team moving on today.  We’ll see what the lumberton boys are able to do next.  

29 minutes ago, goldenstick said:

Pretty convincing win. Game tomorrow between Lumberton & Lorena is tough one to call but that raider defense looks to be better

I was flipping between a couple of games. At some point lumberton subbed out their goalie, and I’m not sure why.  Don’t know if they play both regularly or if the starter got hurt.  If the starter is hurt that could play a factor if Lorena does a better job than Bay City did at putting shots on goal.