Some interesting info on Faith Family

I beg to differ. I only know of one Dan Patrick in Texas politics aka Dan Patrick the Lieutenant Governor of Texas.  Back in 1983 DP boldly predicted UH Phi Slama Jama  would beat NC St, but they didn't.  It wasn't his fault.  Everybody felt the same way. He was a tv sports guy then.

Then he partnered a sports bar, one of the first of its kind.

Then he went to radio and talked sports on 700 KSEV.  He then went from talking sports to talking conservative politics, to being a republican senator.   Now Lieutenant Governor. 

If there is a 2nd Dan Patrick I am not aware of it.

38 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

I beg to differ. I only know of one Dan Patrick in Texas politics aka Dan Patrick the Lieutenant Governor of Texas.  Back in 1983 DP boldly predicted UH Phi Slama Jama  would beat NC St, but they didn't.  It wasn't his fault.  Everybody felt the same way. He was a tv sports guy then.

Then he partnered a sports bar, one of the first of its kind.

Then he went to radio and talked sports on 700 KSEV.  He then went from talking sports to talking conservative politics, to being a republican senator.   Now Lieutenant Governor. 

If there is a 2nd Dan Patrick I am not aware of it.

Thought you were speaking of former ESPN's Dan Patrick.

• 7 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 9:04 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Still lot's of talk about how it's a joke that Faith Family is allowed to play UIL 4A basketball. Well, here is the geographical boundries for this academy:

• Avalon ISD
  • Cedar Hill ISD
  • Dallas ISD
  • DeSoto ISD
  • Duncanville ISD
  • Ennis ISD
  • Ferris ISD
  • Grand Prairie ISD
  • Italy ISD
  • Lancaster ISD
  • Maypearl ISD
  • Midlothian ISD
  • Milford ISD
  • Palmer ISD
  • Red Oak ISD
  • Waxahachie ISD

Any student attending these school districts are eligible to attend Faith Family Academy.

Thoughts?

UN REAL !!!

FFA usually doesn't have a very deep bench.  They will have a very skilled 7 or 8. If a pressing teamn with a deep bench, in 4A state tourney in San Antonio, can get them tired, hit some shots..Gotta beware of how the refs are calling the game. In other words, anything is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like FF is an anomaly.  It's a case of perfect confluence of conditions creating the ultimate unintended consequence.  And apparently it's completely unique.  Are there any other monster charter schools in the 4A ranks?  I don't know of any.

So, do you change the rules for the sake of one and only one school?  The Faith Family Rule?

On 3/16/2023 at 11:08 AM, Kountzer said:

I  stumbled upon the picture that I mentioned on Facebook.  I really have not been following basketball much since Silsbee lost at region III finals.  

I knew that all these charter schools had something to do with school vouchers and the politics surrounding that issue. When  FF first showed up on the scene I knew pro school voucher group had taken it to another level.  I had a feeling that Governor Abbott , and Paxton, and the other guy, (ex radio host) were in on this.  

Dan Patrick, that's his name.

So, just as I suspected FF has some political heavy weights backing them up.  I am not surprised at all.

🤣