4A #3 Silsbee vs #5 Houston Furr Predictions Regional Tourney

18 minutes ago, Kowboy98 said:

Regardless of who wins Region III… I don’t see Faith Family losing to anyone. Including Carter Cowboys 

But it would be nice to have another shot at them.  The Tigers gave them all they wanted last year coming to within 1 point in the second half and finally losing by 8.  FF's last 11 points came from the free throw line.

4 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

But it would be nice to have another shot at them.  The Tigers gave them all they wanted last year coming to within 1 point in the second half and finally losing by 8.  FF's last 11 points came from the free throw line.

That’s right. They weren’t scared of them that’s for sure 

7 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

I remember those devastating back to back 3s they hit at the end of the 3rd quarter in the last 10 seconds 

On 3/1/2023 at 9:16 PM, JimThorpe said:

I've predicted the spreads within a point or two for the first three games.  I figured all three Silsbee opponents would play their best game of the season against the Tigers and that's exactly what happened.  If you watch the Jacksonville YouTube you'll hear their play by play guys say it right out loud, this game was the best Jacksonville played all year.  And we saw for ourselves last night with HJ.  It was touch and go against a team Silsbee beat by 21 earlier and who barely got past Chapel Hill.  And Liberty?  That had to be the best game they played all year, or maybe in several years.  

And I expect that Furr, like the others, is going to play their best game of the season against Silsbee.  Furr will not have a letdown.  They will play better than they did in either game against Washington.  I feel this is so because they are a very consistent team.  Early in the district season they beat Washington by 1 and late in the district season they lost to Washington by 1 in overtime.  So far in the playoffs they've won by 37, 31 and 25.  As the competition got a little better the spread dropped by exactly 6 points each time. 

The Tigers on the other hand, have been demonstrating some inconsistency.  They play great one moment and sputter the next.  Of course their sputtering is better than some teams best.  It's like Tigers95 said, if the Tigers win it will be ugly.

My heart doesn't like it but my head says Furr by 5.  

All that said the mathematics favors Washington to win the region.  This is true simply because their semi opponent Center, though a good team, is second tier.  For all intents and purposes Washington is already there.  Silsbee and Furr have to go through each other to get there.  Washington needs to avoid a letdown on Friday and play a great game on Saturday.  Silsbee and Furr have to play 2 great games.

I don't want to agree but I do.