*Tha Coogah Nation* versus The *L-Train*

C4L

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the cougar people keep saying they have been here for the last 15 or whatever years....how in the world did UIL let the same players play now that they are over thirty and playing for 15+ years???ย  Oh right its a different team....different players....different year.....but yea yall are still the same team....oh wait no your not....

The past doesn't mean a thing.ย  Your players who have graduated the last 15 some odd years have been here before....some to the state championship.....I bet most of your players are in the same boat as Lumberton with this being the first playoffs they have actually been starters in....experience matters nothing on a team that literally changes most of its players year to year....do you think the patriots would be where they are if Brady and Moss and everyone else only started a few years before moving on?...maybe the Texans would be better than they are....but thats another forum altogether.....I digress

All I am saying is your players have little to no more experience than these Lumberton players....the difference I see is that Lumberton has 8000+ fans behind them that are very vocal and loud.....along with players who probably haven't realized the implications of these games they are playing....and who athletically are as near to evenly matched position to position and potentially better in some positions....therefore it will be a close game if both teams play as they have and will be decided by who has the most determination not to make mistakes....not by what the last few years teams have done.....when you return a complete team of lower classmen after a state championship then I am fine with talking experience....until then you are just another group of players who are as unexperienced in this situation as any

Do they teach reading comprehension out in the sticks because your highlighted and underlined quote up above doesn't convey what you intended to say in your later post?

Mr. LaMarque, you have been WARNED!ย  Just remember that statement as you are watching it all unfold before your eyes!

<--- I had to change my Avatar just for the LaMarque Fans!ย  They have pictures of their rings, I have a picture of $$$ for us affleunt fans!

Once again...is this the part where I'm supposed to say "ooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm shaking in my boots?" LOL!

Ok, theres one thing no one can teach, and thats the heart of a champion. the COOGS have always seen it, and apparently cultivate it. To be honest i think this is a fight between a very strong powerful team (lumberton) versus a very quick team and a good size team with strength. Ignoring state championships, ignoring records, ignoring districts, ignoring any stats, i think that the coogs will win this one by a touchdown.

It is very simple:ย  Lumberton has NOTHING to lose and LaMarque has EVERYTHING to lose.ย  Who do you think feels the pressure more?

Actually, I doubt very seriously that our players question their ability to handle Lumberton and secondly, a loss for us in the upcoming games ahead just means we will have to reload, not rebuild as we will no doubt be a serious contender statewide for years to come. Can you honestly say that about Lumberton...who knows? We very may well lose again this year however it won't be at the hands of the Raiders. After all, we can't be expected to win State every single year...that's crazy talk man! Some of your posters (past opponents from your area that have fallen to the Coogs in years past) seem quite envious of us as I've read quite a few posts that indicate they hope you guys beat us to take us off our high horse or assume us to be cocky. When you have been as successful as our program has been over an extended period of time (In our case 21 straight years in the playoffs) and have won 5 State Championships (that's pretty phenomenal considering that 4-A has 30 districts with an average of 6-8 teams) in the past 13 years you gain confidence in your teams abilities to succeed. Rome wasn't built in a day and our kids have and meet high expectations year in/year out in order to achieve greatness and keep the dynasty they have built for us intact. You don't have to like us but you should respect our program as well as it's achievements. After all, it's no coincidence we've made it to the region 3 finals 12 out of the last 15 years...our kids earned it!

Coog4life how are you doing its been a while I dont know if you remember me we talked alot when my Indians played you in 1999 exchanged stats and stories anyway I think Lumberton will beat you guys this year if they can beat the Hype that surrounds your football team. You have admitted already that your Coogs are having a not as great as usual year and Lumberton isย  a very good ball club. I know that Lumberton is a beatable team but I think they might pull this one off but not by many. However I would not be surprised if the coogs win.

Goodluck to both teams.

Coog4life how are you doing its been a while I dont know if you remember me we talked alot when my Indians played you in 1999 exchanged stats and stories anyway I think Lumberton will beat you guys this year if they can beat the Hype that surrounds your football team. You have admitted already that your Coogs are having a not as great as usual year and Lumberton isย  a very good ball club. I know that Lumberton is a beatable team but I think they might pull this one off but not by many. However I would not be surprised if the coogs win.

Goodluck to both teams.

Hey dude... Yes, I do remember you and I'm hoping that you're the guy that I actually met at the A-Dome *way back when*... I've been trying to tie the *screen name* of every PN-G fan that I've come in contact with the person from the *old dayz* and something tells me that you're the guy I've been looking for.ย  While the Coogahs are an extremely average team (by LM standards), I still think they'll take the L-Train, although the weather may enable the Raiduhs to keep the score respectable.ย 

Anyway, lemme know if you are *the one*!

Actually, I doubt very seriously that our players question their ability to handle Lumberton and secondly, a loss for us in the upcoming games ahead just means we will have to reload, not rebuild as we will no doubt be a serious contender statewide for years to come. Can you honestly say that about Lumberton...who knows? We very may well lose again this year however it won't be at the hands of the Raiders. After all, we can't be expected to win State every single year...that's crazy talk man! Some of your posters (past opponents from your area that have fallen to the Coogs in years past) seem quite envious of us as I've read quite a few posts that indicate they hope you guys beat us to take us off our high horse or assume us to be cocky. When you have been as successful as our program has been over an extended period of time (In our case 21 straight years in the playoffs) and have won 5 State Championships (that's pretty phenomenal considering that 4-A has 30 districts with an average of 6-8 teams) in the past 13 years you gain confidence in your teams abilities to succeed. Rome wasn't built in a day and our kids have and meet high expectations year in/year out in order to achieve greatness and keep the dynasty they have built for us intact. You don't have to like us but you should respect our program as well as it's achievements. After all, it's no coincidence we've made it to the region 3 finals 12 out of the last 15 years...our kids earned it!

Slight correction Brotha Coog...ย  LM has made the playoffs 18 straight years (not 21) and hasn't lost a 1st Round Game since 1985.ย  Tha Coogahs have also been to the Quarterfinals 14/15 (not 12/15) years.

LaMarque does deserve the respect that they have earned...we know how you feel! 8)ย  I can tell you that we respect your football achievements because when you can do what you do year end and year out (for the most part), then you obviously have something that most do not.

As for Lumberton, while I wish you the best...there is a way to be confident/excited about your team and its achievements this year without being so cocky.ย  I hope that your kids are like ours...just ready to hit the field and focused and not affected by the "hype". ;)

Good luck to both teams and hoping for a clean, injury-free game.ย 

How many college aged kids are playing for LM?ย  All I have to say as ya'll BETTER come to play!

As for as being COCKY: it's like this .....When you know you have a good one, you let it be known!ย  Because you want to face the so-called CHAMPS!ย  ย Are YOU who you say you are!ย  SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL LUMBERTON STYLE!

Guest BIG HOUSE

We do respect LaMarque and it's proven success,but we aren't going to cower down either....what i've seen is a very beatable LaMarque team......Heck,with 6:30 left until half,they had a meger 35yards against PN-G.......

We do respect LaMarque and it's proven success,but we aren't going to cower down either....what i've seen is a very beatable LaMarque team......Heck,with 6:30 left until half,they had a meger 35yards against PN-G.......

yea but total yards are deceiving when looking at their stats u can win a game with 0 yards of offense if youve got a defense that can convert int's into td's

yea but total yards are deceiving when looking at their stats u can win a game with 0 yards of offense if youve got a defense that can convert int's into td's

I agree.....they only thing that matters is the "W".......we fail to realize that teams sometimes play to the level of there opponent........thats what makes a ball game a ball game.......