Rushing the Field

TxHoops

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I’m not a fan but I’m also not a killjoy.  Let the students celebrate big wins.  But with last night’s win over OU, Tech rushed the field in 3 out of their 7 wins this year.  The Texas win seemed bigger at the time, but Cougar High and a 6 win OU team?  A bit much imo.  

Not a fan of it either.

Tradition at Kyle Field was to never allow the crowd to go on to field but that has waned in the last several seasons.

I honestly didn't like that we rushed the field last night after going 5-7 for the year.

40 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not a fan of it either.

Tradition at Kyle Field was to never allow the crowd to go on to field but that has waned in the last several seasons.

I honestly didn't like that we rushed the field last night after going 5-7 for the year.

I saw that after I posted A&M had as well.  I thought that was a big no-no there so thanks for the clarification.  I remember in my visits there walking on grass anywhere was strictly verboten and I certainly was respectful of that tradition.