Orangefield at East Chambers

Bobcatfan4life

19 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

EC recruits big time. How else do you explain a 3A school being so good in 4A soccer!   With the 10's and 10's of fans at the games, it has to be a big money maker for them. 

You cannot think there's recruiting for soccer, that's just jealousy. EC runs a great program and has had a large population of soccer kids for a while. They just finally set it up recently. When you have the kids who are committed, talented and love the game you get success. I guess just because you're good fast it means it not has nothing to do with coaching or the fact kids have been playing it away from school for a while. Get out of here with that.🤡

53 minutes ago, ECFan1_4Real said:

You cannot think there's recruiting for soccer, that's just jealousy. EC runs a great program and has had a large population of soccer kids for a while. They just finally set it up recently. When you have the kids who are committed, talented and love the game you get success. I guess just because you're good fast it means it not has nothing to do with coaching or the fact kids have been playing it away from school for a while. Get out of here with that.🤡

Sarcasm.  It was pure sarcasm.  Please read my post again and if you don't pick up on the sarcasm, I will gladly explain. 

Also, if you see my first reply in this thread you would realize where I stand on this issue. 

48 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Sarcasm.  It was pure sarcasm.  Please read my post again and if you don't pick up on the sarcasm, I will gladly explain. 

Also, if you see my first reply in this thread you would realize where I stand on this issue. 

Wasn't sure. Seemed more like you were neutral on the issue till your second post. Hard to pick through the EC hate sometimes.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:17 AM, Bobcatfan4life said:

A Bobcat win gives them their first outright district championship since 1988 I believe. BUCS win and we have a 3 way tie at the top.

This should have been the Game of the Week, OF will dominate EC with its strong running game. EC front 4 will be worn down with this OF running game. it is solid and will be tough for EC to contain. EC will be close if the officials are from Beaumont Chapter. Any other chapter, OF will win by 2-3 TD. This Dischler kid #40 is the real deal

On 10/31/2022 at 10:34 AM, ECFan1_4Real said:

There is no recruiting in the soccer program, those kids know the game. Its good that they are playing 4A schools, and only because there are not that many 3A schools that have soccer. If there was a 3A division, EC would have 2-3 state championships. i doubt that there is one transfer on this team

On 10/29/2022 at 9:56 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

FYI, here some tie breaker info for this district.

An Orangefield win:

1. OF

2. Anahuac

3. EC

4. Buna

An EC win of 1 or 2 points:

1. OF

2. Ana

3. EC

4. Buna

An EC win of 3-13 points:

1. Ana

2. OF

3. EC

4. Buna

An EC win of 14+:

1. Ana

2. EC

3. OF

4. Buna

This would be nice to see EC win by 14, Turn the panthers loose, it really doesnt matter if EC wins or loses. They will not be the #1 seed as they were last year with Anahuac upsetting Woodville at home in the last game of the season, 

On 10/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, ECFan1_4Real said:

EC has everything to gain and nothing to lose. I feel so much better after last game. Even though it was Hardin, we looked much more put together. Taking my Bucs to stand up and stand out. 29-15!

Man please. Hardin is the weakest team in the district. Everyone has slaughtered them. The same team that played Hardin, was the same team that played HF and Anahuac. Anahuac should have won that game by 2 more touchdown. The All State RB from Anahuac exposed EC DL. HE was injured when OF played them, and had he been able to play, it would have been a different outcome. Anahuac is loaded and very talented, so is OF

On 10/30/2022 at 11:27 AM, ECC95 said:

I have been seeing a lot of posts from outsiders about EC "recruiting". So is there any proof of this? I know they have move ins. I happen to know that a vast majority of the athletes at EC are home grown. Sounds like people just making excuses as to why EC has been such a good program for the past 20+ years. Haters gonna hate. EC must be the only team that "recruits". And as far as the game against OF, I believe OF wins this game and by a good margin, EC will once again make the playoffs and will get bounced in the first round. I guess their "recruiting class" this year wasn't that good. Lol

Two of the most talented players that moved to the Winnie - Stowell area are Nolton Shelvin and Earnest Ceasar. Both of them moved here with there parents, so I don't think that this is recruiting. Both of these kids parents still live here and have kids here in the community or in the area. For all of these other kids that have attended EC, I don't know what you would call them when you are driving here from other towns and communities. I wouldn't call them recruits, if they are recruits, EC needs to hire a new Recruiting coordinator. These are just kids coming to school in Winnie that just happen to play sports. Look at Beaumont, Port Arthur, Houston, this has been going on for 50 years and no one complained

On 11/2/2022 at 12:34 PM, Jesse Evans said:

Man please. Hardin is the weakest team in the district. Everyone has slaughtered them. The same team that played Hardin, was the same team that played HF and Anahuac. Anahuac should have won that game by 2 more touchdown. The All State RB from Anahuac exposed EC DL. HE was injured when OF played them, and had he been able to play, it would have been a different outcome. Anahuac is loaded and very talented, so is OF

Actually no Anahuac shouldn’t have beat them by 2 more touchdown that games was much closer then it looked those kids came out to play , I am not coach bashing but the play calling was a bit shabby , you want to keep the ball away from them team that is more powerful if you can help it. Nevertheless, there was a trash touchdown added to that score. If OF played a wonder Anahuac like this post insinuates then we may have a game on our hand folks.