'22 5AD1 Playoff Projections

AledoAlumni

11 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Always give a respectful answer.  You should say, not a chance.  We’re going to take em behind the woodshed and get ready for round 2!

Most of the time I dont think that is necessary. We have won 26 consecutive 1st round playoff games. We are playing at home against a good 4th place playoff team. They have earned my respect. 

On 11/5/2022 at 8:39 AM, WOS1986 said:

Can you post which games will be good game? List and would love see your input.

If you want to see my 2nd round games. 

W2 (10-1) Tascosa vs R3 (10-1) Burleson Centennial
W5 (11-0) Mansfield Timberview vs R8 (8-3) Barbers Hill
W6 (11-0) Frisco Reedy vs R7 (9-2) Lancaster
W10 (9-2) Angleton vs R11 (9-2) College Station
W12 (10-1) Smithson Valley vs T10 (8-3) Manvel
W14 (9-2) CC Veterans Memorial vs R15 (10-1) Edinburg Vela
W15 (11-0) PSJA North vs R14 (10-1) CC Miller

3 minutes ago, aledoalumni said:

If you want to see my 2nd round games. 

W12 (10-1) Smithson Valley vs T10 (8-3) Manvel
W14 (9-2) CC Veterans Memorial vs R15 (10-1) Edinburg Vela
W15 (11-0) PSJA North vs R14 (10-1) CC Miller

Those 2 in bold I wanna see. Especially the top one. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Those 2 in bold I wanna see. Especially the top one. 

Centennial played very well against Lake Belton. It will be interesting to see how that carries over against a much better opponent! To be honest I'd rather play Tascosa than Centennial again. Thats why I wasnt sad Denton Ryan lost to Red Oak. I like our district mates but its all about us now. But back to your post, I have done zero research on PSJA or Miller. I just think that Region comes down to them and CC Vets/Vela. May the best team win and they will have a legit chance against R3 this year imo. 

Just now, aledoalumni said:

Centennial played very well against Lake Belton. It will be interesting to see how that carries over against a much better opponent! To be honest I'd rather play Tascosa than Centennial again. Thats why I wasnt sad Denton Ryan lost to Red Oak. I like our district mates but its all about us now. But back to your post, I have done zero research on PSJA or Miller. I just think that Region comes down to them and CC Vets/Vela. May the best team win and they will have a legit chance against R3 this year imo. 

Tep been raving about Vela, PSJA North and CC Miller all year. I know CC Miller has a QB that has that "it factor".

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Yes

I think the moment was too big for them. I still think they have a solid team but they could not stack positive plays together. When you find some plays that work keep going to them. I think the QB was seeing ghost. He didnt trust his O-line and stand in the pocket. He would bail early and most of the time he would scramble it did not turn out good for him. He had -52 yards rushing or something like that and also threw a pick when he felt under pressure. They had the right idea by controlling the clock but were not aggressive enough when they should have been. You are playing Aledo in Aledo without their starting QB. You should take some risk and go for the win. 

Still more to research on Mansfield Timberview, but it looks to me that they haven’t played anybody. That 1st round against a 4 seed earned them a 33-14 victory. I think BH is going to put some defensive pressure on them that they haven’t seen. This is going to be a good game and I think BH can surprise them.

5 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Still more to research on Mansfield Timberview, but it looks to me that they haven’t played anybody. That 1st round against a 4 seed earned them a 33-14 victory. I think BH is going to put some defensive pressure on them that they haven’t seen. This is going to be a good game and I think BH can surprise them.

Here was my post from the 5A site,

Timberview was a district mate these past two seasons and they are tough to beat. These last two years they ended Ennis' season when they had good teams. However its fair to say Timberview has not faced a lot of adversity this year and have not been tested. Barbers Hill on the other hand has this year. Their district is good and overall it was competitive for them. Timberview is ranked higher but Barbers Hill is battle tested. Having said all that I have no clue who wins.

1 minute ago, aledoalumni said:

Here was my post from the 5A site,

Timberview was a district mate these past two seasons and they are tough to beat. These last two years they ended Ennis' season when they had good teams. However its fair to say Timberview has not faced a lot of adversity this year and have not been tested. Barbers Hill on the other hand has this year. Their district is good and overall it was competitive for them. Timberview is ranked higher but Barbers Hill is battle tested. Having said all that I have no clue who wins.

I’m feeling the same way. I think they are a very athletic team that has won on just that…pure athleticism. We have seen that this year and it will take more than that to win against BH. Going to be a great game

45 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I’m feeling the same way. I think they are a very athletic team that has won on just that…pure athleticism. We have seen that this year and it will take more than that to win against BH. Going to be a great game

If the Forney game was close then I might go Timberview but yall dominated that game. Honestly it makes me want to pick BH but I just cant decide yet. 

Underlined my picks for this week. 

F2 (5-6) Abilene vs R4 (9-2) Red Oak 
W3 (9-2) Aledo vs R2 (9-2) Lubbock Cooper 
W4 (11-0) Midlothian vs T2 (6-5) Amarillo

W7 (11-0) Longview vs R6 (8-3) Frisco Lone Star
W8 (10-1) Port Arthur Memorial vs T6 (7-4) Frisco Wakeland

F10 (8-3) Magnolia West vs T11 (9-2) Georgetown
W11 (9-2) A&M Consolidated vs R10 (10-1) Fulshear