Early Assessment

AledoAlumni

Raiders are doing as well as I expected. Our QB has a dang arm like a cannon especially considering he's a bit small as QB's go. Defense is stepping up and now they seem to be playing the whole game, domething that didn't happen the first game against HF although the Longhorns have gone on a tear since that game. I still expext us to take DC, our biggest roadblock could be the LCM Bears. 

WOS

How have they done compared to your offseason expectations? Not good loss to Newton and PNG

What has been a positive? The band looks good. 

What has been a negative? Need Toby and  We are not running the 50 defense

What are your new expectations for the season? To get back to the 50 defense and a state championship

Who is your team?    Tarkington Longhorns

How have they done compared to your offseason expectations?   Better than expected coming off one of the worst seasons I've ever watched in my life

What has been a positive? Offensively they have had some big plays, but more importantly they've had some long sustaining drives. Defensively they have played pretty well overall and the DC has made some good adjustments. Best positive so far is the fire and determination these kids have shown. Reflection of their AD for sure. 

What has been a negative? Passing game is still not good enough to fight off 8-9 in the box if a team decides to do so. Quarterbacks aren't really seeing kids open, just winging to a predetermined receiver. Defensively, tend to give up big plays and once district starts I feel like we are going to be undersized on our D-line. 

What are your new expectations for the season? We are still so young that playoff talks seem a bit presumptuous, but I'm really hoping we can pull off enough wins to sneak in. It would be such a huge boost to these kid's confidence who have had to deal with so much turnover and negative talk for the past couple years.