Calvin Walker loses (I believe) his last appeal in Texas

tvc184

10 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I believe that he has exhausted all of his appeals in Texas.

He can appeal to the 5th Circuit Court in New Orleans, one step below the Supreme Court. To do so I think he has to raise a federal law or US Constitution issue. 

This is the hidden content, please

Why does he keep appealing?  I mean, what does a win look like?  It's a lot of time and money from somebody who doesn't care what people think about him. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Why does he keep appealing?  I mean, what does a win look like?  It's a lot of time and money from somebody who doesn't care what people think about him. 

It seems like I remember when Dick DeGuerin took one of Walker’s  cases (maybe the state case for which he was convicted), DeGuerin claimed that Walker was out of money and DeGuerin was taking the case pro bono or for free.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

It seems like I remember when Dick DeGuerin took one of Walker’s  cases (maybe the state case for which he was convicted), DeGuerin claimed that Walker was out of money and DeGuerin was taking the case pro bono or for free.

I guess I'm just wondering why... Will getting the conviction tossed allow him to start bidding civil jobs again?  I can't think of another reason to keep chunking money at it if I were him. 

Having worked in BISD when all of the theft, fraud, and malfeasance went on, I still get angry when I hear about these stories.  I’m not sure if I’m more angry about the crimes that took place, or about the way that many of the criminals were given a free pass by (parts of) the community.  The crimes were incredibly well-documented and poorly concealed.  The people who exposed the corruption were drug through the mud, and multiple members of the school board who allowed it to happen were re-elected after the state mandated takeover was complete.  I’m so glad to be out of there.