Barbers hill at Magnolia west

lcm93

BH will be the underdog in this one. MW returns 5/6 from a 10-2 area finalist team while BH rebuilds from a good team last year.  This one is at MW too which makes it that much tougher! Good to play tough competition early though and I think this will help the Eagles get prepared for there 1st go a 5A Div1. Just staying with MW will be a good sign that the Eagles are growing early. Hope the Eagles win , but I would say MW by 14.

If nothing else BH should get a good test at the line of scrimmage. Outside of Myles Jones I can’t think of a notable high level recruit Magnolia ISD produced that hasn’t been in the trenches lately? A lot like A&M Consol. and Magnolia High, they’re also going to be some of the bigger kids you’ll see at the 5A-D1 level. Very interested to see what the BH passing game looks like without Herndon and that offensive line this year. 

11 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If nothing else BH should get a good test at the line of scrimmage. Outside of Myles Jones I can’t think of a notable high level recruit Magnolia ISD produced that hasn’t been in the trenches lately? A lot like A&M Consol. and Magnolia High, they’re also going to be some of the bigger kids you’ll see at the 5A-D1 level. Very interested to see what the BH passing game looks like without Herndon and that offensive line this year. 

Yes they grow those boys big up there. What I saw at the scrimmage was that BH looks pretty good in the trenches ,so it will be good to see them against a lesser opponent. Although MW could be better, so we will have to see. Without Herndon we still have Dixon on the outside that can make plays also Thompson looks to be good as well and plays with passion.The BH receivers  looked ok and should grow as the year progresses it was hard to tell though with that ball hawk secondary Shadow Creek had😀

Magnolia West 2022 INFO

The Mustangs have a couple of key questions on offense as they’ll be young & inexperienced at QB and on the offensive line, but they do return RB- Kai Aroca-Disdier (946 yards, 9 TDs rushing; 12-111, 1 TD receiving) and WR- Colton Adcox (47-608, 4 TDs receiving), both of these playmakers will be vital to the Mustangs’ success. Junior WR- Gus Jordan (14-229, 4 TDs receiving) impressed as a sophomore and could be a bigger player in the offense. The defense will be the teams strength bringing back experience at all three levels led by a solid duo of linebackers in Tyler Harsch (109 tackles, 10 TFL, 4 sacks) and Caylin Dygert (63 tackles, 9 TFL, 1 sack, 2 INTs). Junior LB- Sam Mattingly (28-380, 6 TDs receiving) makes the move from WR to LB and will help the defense out as well.

5 hours ago, JimAdler said:

Mag West is going to be pretty salty this year.

Crazy part is that MW can be salty and still miss the playoffs out of that murder's row of a district with Manvel, Foster, Angleton, Friendswood and Magnolia. I think they'll eventually finish 2nd or 3rd but there's definitely no off weeks in that district. 

27 minutes ago, panamamyers said:

What happened to the receiver for BH?

Yeah I think it was an ACL injury during 7 on 7, but not sure of the specific injury. He was on the sidelines during the scrimmage with a brace on. Curious if he will be able to return this season. 

2 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah I think it was an ACL injury during 7 on 7, but not sure of the specific injury. He was on the sidelines during the scrimmage with a brace on. Curious if he will be able to return this season. 

Depends on if he's ahead of schedule on his rehab. If he's a SR I wouldn't even chance it. 

6 hours ago, KF89 said:

Mag. West probably battling Angleton for 2nd this year, Foster is loaded 9 starters return on off. & 8 on Def. with several dudes with D1 status skills to be the district champ favs. Magnolia & Manvel hit hard by graduation are both in rebuild mode this year but always have enough young talent coming up each year to upset the favs & contend for top playoff spots 

Dave Campbell has Manvel taking the 1 spot, but I question that as well. Manvel returns 3 players and I know they reload, but that would surprise me if they took the 1 spot .

On 8/23/2022 at 3:38 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Depends on if he's ahead of schedule on his rehab. If he's a SR I wouldn't even chance it. 

He was ahead of schedule for a Spring ACL injury but I was told he was trying to be ready by the Crosby game and hurt it again in practice not too long ago. Maybe he has Adrian Peterson ligaments but I would imagine he's done for the entire year. It's probably also the safer play considering he has another year to accumulate film to get him to the next level.