Newton Losing Police Dept

Hagar

Squabble between Newton Police Chief & County Sheriff.  Small town politics.  If this comes to pass, the citizens of Newton will regret it.  Response times will double/triple.  For them, I hope this gets nipped in the bud.

This is the hidden content, please

Realistically, if Newton is going to pay for policing then the sheriff should hire additional deputies to cover it. The way he talks in the first article it sounds like business as usual and an on duty deputy will swing by Newton while on patrol.

Of course he might not have explained it out the media didn’t report it. 

19 hours ago, tvc184 said:

What a rambling bunch of gibberish by the sheriff. 

Sounds like the Sheriff is trying to become a Dem VP Candidate.  He’s learned the word salad part.

Thankfully the City Council voted unanimously to keep the Police Dept.  Political morals pretty much the same at all levels (everywhere) from the WH to Newton County/City.  There is none.

16 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Sounds like the Sheriff is trying to become a Dem VP Candidate.  He’s learned the word salad part.

Thankfully the City Council voted unanimously to keep the Police Dept.  Political morals pretty much the same at all levels (everywhere) from the WH to Newton County/City.  There is none.

Strange deal, in all the articles it's still not clear who was pushing this.

42 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Strange deal, in all the articles it's still not clear who was pushing this.

When I saw a unanimous vote, I thought hmmmm…..

Somebody on the council sure had to put it on the agenda. Why would they discuss something with no support?

Then I read the article. The city council chamber was packed. You can bet whoever was pushing the issue, saw the light. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

And then the CYA sheriff….. this is what I got from his rambling response  

I have no issues.

I can work with another.

But the other guy apparently can’t.

But I am not going to bring it up.

I don’t know where his issue is but it is something but I’m not going to stir the pot.

But the other guy sure has issues…. 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

When I saw a unanimous vote, I thought hmmmm…..

Somebody on the council sure had to put it on the agenda. Why would they discuss something with no support?

Then I read the article. The city council chamber was packed. You can bet whoever was pushing the issue, saw the light. 

Yeah it looks like the good folks of Newton showed up to put an all stop on this one.