Man killed trying to enter AL elementary school…

tvc184

Uvalde backlash?

Justified?

It is way too early to tell reading some of the reports, (knowing the media could be absolutely bogus) the man was acting strangely so the police shot him.

This is the best I could tell from the several articles I have read but like always, the story may change or more details coming out.

A man goes to an Elementary school which gladly has the doors locked. He’s yelling something and trying to get in and when he can’t he goes around the school and tries other doors. The articles keep using the term, aggressively trying to get in the door. Does that mean pulling or yanking hard, trying to pry it open or what? There is a police officer inside and saw what was happening. He called for back up from the city police.

There was some kind of struggle outside of the school and the man was shot and killed. So far there has been no mention of any weapons or any threats, just a man acting strangely and pulling on doors.

Maybe the shooting had nothing to do with the school and the doors. Maybe he was an angry parent and wanted to confront the principal but was not armed and was not making any threats. When the police tried to detain him for maybe disturbing the peace, he might’ve tried to grab an officer’s gun.. Realistically that would have nothing to do with the school and could have been on a person stopped  for jaywalking.

But I have yet to find any details of what actually happened. I have seen more than 100 comments on various forums. One on a local Facebook forum  said shoot and ask questions later.

Is that the Uvalde backlash? If an angry parent goes to school, are some police officers going to gun that person down in order to not be second-guessed and called a coward in the media?

Maybe when we find out what happened, if ever, perhaps it will be a justified shooting that is not even really debatable. Without those details however it gives me a moment to pause and wonder if this is a response by going entirely in the other direction, shoot and then find out if it was justified.

In my career I have seen upset parents argue with school officials. Although always aware of what might happen, I have never been in a situation that even seem close to pulling out a weapon, much less killing someone in those situations. 

This is the hidden content, please

And to show the opposite effect from Uvaldi, about 70% of the comments were  something like, now that is how you protect a school. The problem is that they have no idea what happened but it is acceptable to kill the guy trying to pull out on door. Hopefully there is nothing to this and the guy tried to pull a gun or something like that and this is a clear cut case of self-defense for the officer(s). At this point however it has kind of a lynch mob mentality feel to it.si

19 hours ago, tvc184 said:

And to show the opposite effect from Uvaldi, about 70% of the comments were  something like, now that is how you protect a school. The problem is that they have no idea what happened but it is acceptable to kill the guy trying to pull out on door. Hopefully there is nothing to this and the guy tried to pull a gun or something like that and this is a clear cut case of self-defense for the officer(s). At this point however it has kind of a lynch mob mentality feel to it.si

From the article: “ALEA officials said White tried to make forcible entry into the school resource officer's marked Rainbow City patrol vehicle. When the SRO attempted to stop him, ALEA officials said White resisted and attempted to take the SRO's gun.

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

From the article: “ALEA officials said White tried to make forcible entry into the school resource officer's marked Rainbow City patrol vehicle. When the SRO attempted to stop him, ALEA officials said White resisted and attempted to take the SRO's gun.

I saw yesterday when they finally got around to mentioning what happened. I will applaud them in this case for not jumping to conclusions.