hardin open

Guest mrtomcat

On 6/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, 2wedge said:

It's been rumored for years, but I do not think it will ever happen. Hardin is a pretty desirable district for people in the area and lots of kids actually zoned to HD choose to go there. Athletically, consolidating with HD can only hurt Hardin because it would ensure they would never drop the classification really needed for Hardin to become competitive. I think they missed 2Ad1 by about 6 ish kids this past year. As discussed on other threads, Hardin volleyball is a great program and will continue to be that way as long as the Snell's are in town. All of those things equal a slim to none probability that a consolidation of the HD and Hardin district ever happens.

Based on what we are hearing here, I think Hardin's football program is probably about to drop to a level of obscurity that no one even thought existed. As we speak, one high school football coach is trying (maybe) to keep interest in the program up, maintain summer conditioning for all athletes, and try to figure out who he is going to work for/with next season. This is BAD. Add to that the fact that admin just signaled their unwillingness to support the things needed to build the football program by denying the request to add additional staff in the upcoming year, and you have a recipe for chaos. This actually might be the final nail in a coffin that has been closed for many many years.

If I had a kid in that district, and he had any interest in pursuing football in high school at all, I would do anything I could to get him somewhere else. Hell, even Liberty is at least decent shape and has renewed hope and excitement around the new coach. It's really a shame. 

They missed 3A D2.  They will never be 2AD1 with anything remotely close to the numbers they typically have.