*WO-S-73 Bridge City-0 FINAL/COMMENTS*

I saw something happen after the game that i think only a few people saw. two people, the flag runner and a cheerleader from wos stood in the middle of the field and was taking a picture. the BC coach came out there and demanded that they get off the field. he was cussing and everything. being a fan of wos, i have seen this every game. also the coach was mad because the flag was waved in the middle of their field. once again this is at every field, even the ones that are away. I personally think that the coach had no reason to start such an argument. was this rude or what.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw something happen after the game that i think only a few people saw. two people, the flag runner and a cheerleader from wos stood in the middle of the field and was taking a picture. the BC coach came out there and demanded that they get off the field. he was cussing and everything. being a fan of wos, i have seen this every game. also the coach was mad because the flag was waved in the middle of their field. once again this is at every field, even the ones that are away. I personally think that the coach had no reason to start such an argument. was this rude or what.

If this did happen, the coach should not be CUSSING them.  There is a better way to handle these types of situations and I know that they were probably aggravated, but vent that anger appropriately.  I think that people make an issue about what they want to make issues about because they are upset about the loss or the season's outcome or because they are looking for the slightest little reason to make the opposing team seem like they have poor sportsmanship.  Maybe that's why WO-S isn't easily offended because we just focus on FOOTBALL and don't LOOK for rather petty reasons to complain about our competition. ???

Where was that coach during that ridiculously long half-time...they're never around when you REALLY need them.

And, where are all of these "know-all-the-rules" people who are so quick to post rules about everything else...  Believe it or not, rules do apply to everyone and it's not a shock that they get broken...I just expected something copy and pasted straight from the UIL rule book. :o

Half-Time Regulations

The NCAAFootball Rules specify a penalty be assessed to the home team at the beginning of the second half if the half-time exceeds allowable limits. Texas high schools play by NCAA rules, therefore the half-time length regulations will be enforced by football officials.

1. Maximum half-time length for UIL varsity games is 28 minutes. Please note that half-time is not required to be this long. Many districts have adopted a shorter period of time, for example 24 minutes. Note: Junior high and sub-varsity half-time should not be longer than 20 minutes.

2. Timing for the half-time should begin when all players and personnel have cleared the field at the end of the first half of play.

3. Bands should be ready at that time to come onto the field for their half-time show. Undue delay by the visiting team band could result in a penalty being assessed to the home school. Many schools are placing a time limit on each band, insuring that the first part of the half-time intermission will not cause the entire half-time to exceed the allotted time limit.

4. Football teams should have at least 3-4 minutes to warm up after the half-time intermission prior to the second-half kickoff.

Someone made the comment that it would have never happened that way had the game been competitive...they wouldn't have delayed it like they did...it was just kind of rude... ::)

The game was also late getting started because of BC's PRE-GAME introductions.  You'd think they could have planned it better!  Don't let the band perform if they are going to do it at half-time, otherwise, start earlier and do all of it before the game.

First off congrats to the WO-S Mustangs on another great season.

Yes the celebration for the seniors could have been planned better,everything was off. I dont think being in the game or not had anything to do with it. What I thought was rude was the WO-S Mustangs fans booing and such while the kids were being introduced.

First off congrats to the WO-S Mustangs on another great season.

Yes the celebration for the seniors could have been planned better,everything was off. I dont think being in the game or not had anything to do with it. What I thought was rude was the WO-S Mustangs fans booing and such while the kids were being introduced.

It's a violation of UIL rules, and it was 15 minutes long, not a few. The players for both teams stood there in smoky blow-up run-throughs for 15-20 minutes. Even the refs thought it was a wrong. Only our coaches kept BC from having a penalty - like having to forfei... uh... Oh, I get it.

I thought the delay was irritating at first, but once I thought about it, it was those kids last night at their stadium and the last night of football in their senior year. If it cost me an extra 15 minutes to give them a great memory, oh well. I saw many of what were probably seniors all dancing together on the BC sideline just having a good old time. I'm glad they will have the memory.

I thought the delay was irritating at first, but once I thought about it, it was those kids last night at their stadium and the last night of football in their senior year. If it cost me an extra 15 minutes to give them a great memory, oh well. I saw many of what were probably seniors all dancing together on the BC sideline just having a good old time. I'm glad they will have the memory.

Very well said Gasilla -- I can't believe that so many folks are bellyaching over 15 minutes of the Senior last night on the field. It's a blasted football game, and it's a Friday night, whats an additional 15 minutes?

Yea thats true..Why have they (BC) had such a drop off in their record from last year?

well as its been said hundreds of times before, BC is a young team. Only 1 returning starter this year... i think there are 5 or 6 seniors total but all were on JV last year i believe... Next year will be different. (i hope)

It's a violation of UIL rules, and it was 15 minutes long, not a few. The players for both teams stood there in smoky blow-up run-throughs for 15-20 minutes. Even the refs thought it was a big deal. Only our coaches kept BC from having a penalty - like having to forfei... uh... Oh, I get it.

if you want to talk about rudness then look at what your team does... it shows no respect at all for the opposing team... Running to the middle of the field and walking all over our symbol... now thats just rude... maybe that should be a penalty?

if you want to talk about rudness then look at what your team does... it shows no respect at all for the opposing team... Running to the middle of the field and walking all over our symbol... now thats just rude... maybe that should be a penalty?

Dont like it? Win.

dang im smart

I dont blame BC for being mad, cuz i'd be mad at that season to .... i mean look at my ags (depressing). WOS does nothing but shows respect on the football field. PERIOD I've seen plenty of games and every single one they run to the middle of the field in meaning of no disrespect. You cant blame people for running out on the field afterwards either. WOS wins another district championship and their streak lives on, thats worth celebrating where ever you are. And knowing some BC people and others, yall still won't understand and see it as disrespectful.........typical

I dont blame BC for being mad, cuz i'd be mad at that season to .... i mean look at my ags (depressing). WOS does nothing but shows respect on the football field. PERIOD I've seen plenty of games and every single one they run to the middle of the field in meaning of no disrespect. You cant blame people for running out on the field afterwards either. WOS wins another district championship and their streak lives on, thats worth celebrating where ever you are. And knowing some BC people and others, yall still won't understand and see it as disrespectful.........typical

it is extreamly disrespectful! the only reason they do it is because they have built up the reputation of beating everyone or just about everyone in district. if they didn't they would run to their sideline instead of the middle of OUR home field.

it is extreamly disrespectful! the only reason they do it is because they have built up the reputation of beating everyone or just about everyone in district. if they didn't they would run to their sideline instead of the middle of OUR home field.

So when they run to the middle of Mustang Stadium where the WO-S helmet is, are they disrespecting themselves?

So how long are the BC fans, coaches, and players suppose to remain good sports before we get mad? rude or what??

In a game that everyone on this board concedes to the Mustangs before the opening kick off, is it necessary for the WOS players to run directly to the mascot in the center of the field and jump up and down? not only at the beginning of the game but at the half with a huge lead?

According to the annoucer at the beginning of the game it is against the rules to have horns and bells, but the fans have to listen to the train horn every time the Mustangs score.

I don't care about the score, or who won or lost. Go ahead and work on your passing game, keep your starters sharp for the play offs, thats what any team would do. But does a 9-0 team facing a 0-9 team really have to resort to stomping to mascot and waving their flag in the field of the defeated foe to make themselves feel like champions?

I believe there is a big difference in being undefeated and being a champion.

Dont visiting basketball teams run to the middle after they announce the starters.  Whats the difference.  Sounds like BC is upset that they have one of the worst defences i have ever seen.  How do you run up the middle 4 or 5 times for 40 and 50 yards without being touched.  Its like they would purposefully stay away form the play.  The offense wasnt as bad.