Employee shoots fleeing thief…..charged with Murder - TEXAS

thetragichippy

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

Some might say, justifiable homicide, but I guess we’re in the minority.  Still, it would stop the smash & grabs.

I don’t see it.  I’m a big proponent of protecting yourself, but somebody running away from a minor theft doesn’t really seem like a justification for shooting them in the back.  

46 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I don’t see it.  I’m a big proponent of protecting yourself, but somebody running away from a minor theft doesn’t really seem like a justification for shooting them in the back.  

Oh, I understand what your saying, but we’ve made the line so far the other way, the bad guys have got a big advantage.  If a policeman says stop or I’ll shoot, do they stop?  No.  Why?  Because the police can’t shoot.  For example, someone steals a car.  Say it’s a $35,000 vehicle.  Drives it & damages it and other vehicles.  Endangers others on the road.  Finally gets pulled over & gets out and runs.  Should the police shoot?  Imo, definitely, but again, they’re not allowed to.  The deal,is, there wouldn’t be mass killings or shootings.  After one or two, this 💩 would stop.  We’ve gotten more concerned about the criminal than the victim.  Sorry we don’t see eye to eye on this, but I’m old school and tired of criminals having freedom to do what they do.  Tired of them making the rest of us scared to let our wives go to the mall alone.  Tired of being concerned about driving in some areas of town at night.  Tired of judges turning criminals loose.  Tired of worrying about leaving my home at night concerned that some drug addict will break in.  Maybe shooting shoplifters isn’t the answer, but we need something drastic. Jmo

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Oh, I understand what your saying, but we’ve made the line so far the other way, the bad guys have got a big advantage.  If a policeman says stop or I’ll shoot, do they stop?  No.  Why?  Because the police can’t shoot.  For example, someone steals a car.  Say it’s a $35,000 vehicle.  Drives it & damages it and other vehicles.  Endangers others on the road.  Finally gets pulled over & gets out and runs.  Should the police shoot?  Imo, definitely, but again, they’re not allowed to.  The deal,is, there wouldn’t be mass killings or shootings.  After one or two, this 💩 would stop.  We’ve gotten more concerned about the criminal than the victim.  Sorry we don’t see eye to eye on this, but I’m old school and tired of criminals having freedom to do what they do.  Tired of them making the rest of us scared to let our wives go to the mall alone.  Tired of being concerned about driving in some areas of town at night.  Tired of judges turning criminals loose.  Tired of worrying about leaving my home at night concerned that some drug addict will break in.  Maybe shooting shoplifters isn’t the answer, but we need something drastic. Jmo

I don’t lose a lot of sleep when I see in the news that a criminal has been killed… in most cases.

But… in a very narrow opinion, if we routinely killed shoplifters, it would have no bearing on mass shooters. In fact it could potentially increase them.

Most of them probably have no criminal record anyway. The problem is their goal in most cases is to die or certainly risk death for perverted glory in their sick minds.  For whatever reason they are angry at the world or a person at a company or a group of people and most want to die but in their anger want to bring people with them. It is just my opinion but that is why most of them are almost never wounded and taken into custody by the police. They either die at the same or or taken into custody at another location but not during the active shooting. 

The ones that do not want to die, for some reason want to live in their own mind for their glory either by convincing themselves they did a great thing (like Dylann Roof) or maybe by fame in the media. I think many of them, once the police have arrived on scene, kill themselves. They don’t want to take the risk of being wounded by the police but not dying and therefore forced to be made a spectacle of. I think some of them believe their last bit of payback to the world is killing themselves thereby keeping other peoples from gaining vengeance. 

I think probably most people feel the same way as you (and I) do with extreme frustration with the amount of stupidity and crime happening. Maybe a majority of people, when they read of such an incident of a criminal being shot and killed, want to break into a little bit of Queen with, Another One Bites The Dust.

I just don’t think it will have any impact on mass shootings. If anything it might emboldened them with an almost assured suicide by cop.

46 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I don’t lose a lot of sleep when I see in the news that a criminal has been killed… in most cases.

But… in a very narrow opinion, if we routinely killed shoplifters, it would have no bearing on mass shooters. In fact it could potentially increase them.

Most of them probably have no criminal record anyway. The problem is their goal in most cases is to die or certainly risk death for perverted glory in their sick minds.  For whatever reason they are angry at the world or a person at a company or a group of people and most want to die but in their anger want to bring people with them. It is just my opinion but that is why most of them are almost never wounded and taken into custody by the police. They either die at the same or or taken into custody at another location but not during the active shooting. 

The ones that do not want to die, for some reason want to live in their own mind for their glory either by convincing themselves they did a great thing (like Dylann Roof) or maybe by fame in the media. I think many of them, once the police have arrived on scene, kill themselves. They don’t want to take the risk of being wounded by the police but not dying and therefore forced to be made a spectacle of. I think some of them believe their last bit of payback to the world is killing themselves thereby keeping other peoples from gaining vengeance. 

I think probably most people feel the same way as you (and I) do with extreme frustration with the amount of stupidity and crime happening. Maybe a majority of people, when they read of such an incident of a criminal being shot and killed, want to break into a little bit of Queen with, Another One Bites The Dust.

I just don’t think it will have any impact on mass shootings. If anything it might emboldened them with an almost assured suicide by cop.

Mass shootings are another animal, and honestly not the sort of crime I was referring too.  I was referring to, as you said, with extreme frustration with the amount of stupidity and crime happening.  Smash & grab by gangs.  Elderly women & men (Asian & others) sucker punched in the street.  The inevitable person pulled over that wants to resist, not only any possible arrest, but simple instructions given by the officer.  I could go on ad nauseum, but I think you know the rest.  No respect for the police or authority of any kind.  No manners.  No regard for acting civilized.  Our streets, cities and country are literally being turned into third world cesspools.  And yes tvc, I do break into “another one bites the dust”.  Perhaps a sinful thought, but that’s on me.