Texas City 49 Port Neches-Groves 42/Final OT

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I have those little magnetized football pics of my sons stuck to a file cabinet in my office. Random dude, who turned out to be a vendor, walks in and looks at them and says, “Man, y’all whipped our a$$”. Had never seen the guy before so I asked where he was from and he said Port Neches. 

Long story short we talked about ball for about 30 mins. Dude was knowledgeable as heck. He played for Burnett and I happened to mention I thought BF was a pretty decent coach. Boy, that was the wrong thing to say. If you paraphrase out the expletives he basically said PNG isn’t playing with any honor or pride, and used the Crosby game as an example. Also said the tradition doesn’t matter if the kids that are playing now weren’t alive to see it. 

I mentioned that because the gist of what he was saying is that PNG doesn’t have the same type players they did when he was there 20 years ago. He said he thinks the kids are just a lot softer and the only way to get different results is with a different coach but said the last thing he would do is get rid of BF because you don’t know what you would get as a replacement. 

I think BF is a good coach. I am also cool with everyone having their own opinion. So if vendor don't like him that's great. BF has won 100 games at PNG that's right at 8 games per season. I know some would compare their coaches by SC wins. Over 2000 HS's fail that test every year here in Texas. The reason people have issue with FC is because winning at PNG is expected and always has been. I am cool with that also. I also like talking to intelligent football IQ fans who understand raw data and like to delve deep into it. So most of the time i have an appreciation for your posts. You aren't always right but at least you put some thought into it. I made my first post on a high school football website in 1999. My first on here was in 2006. I still have the email saved somewhere where Jdawg invited be over to join this page. I have spent hundreds of hours collecting data for PNG. I will always be an Indians and support them. Now myself and a couple other people are working on a collection of PNG football games on video. We have collected some amazing stuff. We have games from the 1955 SC team we have games from the 1975 SC teams. We have games from the 1990's and 2000s. I dont know how deep your love for Crosby is. I hope its one that lasts forever. If so maybe you could do something similar for the Cougar Nation so that generations from now their will be a catalog of information to share with young men and women who fall in love with Crosby sports like you have.