OBJECTIVE POLL for NEDERLAND vs LUMBERTON

Who will win? Voters from Ned or Lum, not allowed  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win? Voters from Ned or Lum, not allowed

• NEDERLAND
    • LUMBERTON

I picked Lumberton. I would rather see Nederland win but don't think they will.

Reasons:

1. They are good enough to win and after watching last weeks Dayton vs. Nederland game, Lumberton wants is more.

B. Lumberton can cover Ned's receivers.

III. Lumbertons defense is stingy. (Not as stingy as Dayton but stingy none the less)

I'm a Jag fan, and I think Lumberton will get the win and get in the playoffs.  Those kids are hungry for their first playoff berth.  Nederland is still shaken up by that pounding in by Dayton in their own back yard.  Lumberton will capitalize and keep the L-train full steam ahead.  Lumberton by 6 points.

It appeared to me that SOME of Ned's players quit on the rest of them. I saw one player leave in the 3rd with what appeared to not be a serious injury and a UT commit made to look weak by a kid six inches shorter and 80 lbs lighter-----IF the real Ned Dogs get up off the floor and play like their tradition demands of them then they can win this game---If not then they will they beaten by 35 or more----time will tell--I predict that Ned's players and coaches reach back to that tradition and play "Bulldog" football and win a squeaker 14-13.

I didn't vote, but I will comment. If Nederland plays like they did last week, Lumberton will smoke us. If Nederland plays like the team that was 7-1 going into that game, then they can win this game. It is all going to be about which Ned team shows up. The team that won 7 of their first 8 or the team that got absolutely throttled by an excellent Dayton team. No prediction here, just a Dog fan hoping for the best this week.

Lumberton appears too hungry, and the dogs are pretty beat up.

Dayton exposed Ned's weaknesses and it is my opinion Lumberton has the coaching over the vastly overrated Bulldog coaches.

Look for Lumberton to win and WIN BIG.

The final score will be by 28 points or more.

It appeared to me that SOME of Ned's players quit on the rest of them. I saw one player leave in the 3rd with what appeared to not be a serious injury and a UT commit made to look weak by a kid six inches shorter and 80 lbs lighter-----IF the real Ned Dogs get up off the floor and play like their tradition demands of them then they can win this game---If not then they will they beaten by 35 or more----time will tell--I predict that Ned's players and coaches reach back to that tradition and play "Bulldog" football and win a squeaker 14-13.

With all the objectivity I can muster I can only say that it depends on who shows up.

If the hard hitting, refuse to be denied Bulldogs show up then I think this is an even matchup and the team with the least mistakes and a little luck on their side will win.

If the slow to start, easily discouraged, only "collectively" play hard (moreso on defense the offense always plays hard, and there are a couple who really do go all out on defense to be fair) when they are ahead Bulldogs that hit dont hit but rather hug, that have been with us most all season show up, then I pick Lumberton. That team cannot play with Lumberton.

They are two distinctly different teams and both definitely exist. But we have only seen brief flashes of the afforementioned, that is 11 players on defense going all out for 4 straight quarters. The last time we saw them was in the fourth quarter of the Ozen game and before that the PNG game and before that the Brenham game.

I just hope its a good close hard fought game with both teams doing their best,,,, and let the best team win!

I'm a Jag fan, and I think Lumberton will get the win and get in the playoffs.  Those kids are hungry for their first playoff berth.  Nederland is still shaken up by that pounding in by Dayton in their own back yard.  Lumberton will capitalize and keep the L-train full steam ahead.  Lumberton by 6 points.

I think trying to turn it off and on is their worst problem Soulja. I agree with your comments in general but teams that only play hard part of the time always lose the big games. Lumberton has been playing all out as a team for the last 36 quarters of football this season. Nederland has really only played all out, no mercy football as a team for 9 quarters this season where it has been apparent that they were playing for life or death.

I am hopeful, but not optomistic. I just cant see them flipping the switch, but that is one thing that I would absolutely have no problem being wrong about.

I considered it long and hard and finally cast my vote for the Bulldogs.

Right now, and I hope I don't get a lot of flak for this, but to be perfectly honest, Dayton is playing in a class by themselves right now. Offensively and defensively, they are peaking - I mean as far as I know, these four shutouts in one season is a record for the Broncos. But this team only started coming together AFTER the Lumberton game. Since then, they have gotten progressively better every week. So any comparison to Dayton vs Lumberton and Dayton vs Nederland is out the window.

That being said, the key for Nederland is experience. They've been there, they know what it takes to get there, and they have the experience of handling the pressure to attain their goal.

On the flip side, Lumberton came close one season and lost their chance the last game of the season. They haven't "successfully" been through it, and Nederland has, time and time again and that, IMO, will be the difference maker.

I considered it long and hard and finally cast my vote for the Bulldogs.

Right now, and I hope I don't get a lot of flak for this, but to be perfectly honest, Dayton is playing in a class by themselves right now. Offensively and defensively, they are peaking - I mean as far as I know, these four shutouts in one season is a record for the Broncos. But this team only started coming together AFTER the Lumberton game. Since then, they have gotten progressively better every week. So any comparison to Dayton vs Lumberton and Dayton vs Nederland is out the window.

That being said, the key for Nederland is experience. They've been there, they know what it takes to get there, and they have the experience of handling the pressure to attain their goal.

On the flip side, Lumberton came close one season and lost their chance the last game of the season. They haven't "successfully" been through it, and Nederland has, time and time again and that, IMO, will be the difference maker.

I'm not sure how many of these Nederland kids have been here before.  Maybe it was the kids that came before this group.  We will see.

Guest FPHS 78

i went with ned..think lumpy deserves it tho  (ya get smoked by 60+ points, ya shouldnt be headed anywhere.)

lumpy has the curse of the bambino or the billy goat

good luck lumpton

Last weeks injuries may be the difference in this game.  It'll be a test for the sub but also a chance to make a name for theirselves for next year.  I can't go against a winning tradition, Dog's fight to the end and win.

P.S. since I am a Dog Fan I did not vote in the poll. 

It's hard to go with a team that just came off a blow out lost to a good team and has another good team to face this week.You would think this an easy pick.However,I still think Ned is capable of winning this game IF....Lumberton dose not jump up big early and the dogs of last week stay home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder