Show Me Your Papers

Englebert

Now that the Liberals have broken the seal on "proof of membership" papers (New York, and others to follow, mandating through law that people show their vaccination status), what else can we apply this to? The obvious is voter ID. But maybe we can take this further. Can we pass a law, in the same vein as New York's law, in which you must show your citizenship papers to partake in American life? Should we mandate that all restaurants require citizenship papers to enter their premises? Should all grocery stores be required to check proof of citizenship to enter? Should all gas stations require proof of citizenship before filling up? Hospitals? Schools? Should we mandate all city buses require citizenship papers to board? Should all non-citizens be allowed to board but be required to sit in the back of the bus?

We all know that Liberals will advocate the necessity of "papers" to save lives. But will they decry the same mentality when the same rationale is reversed?

I would love for the Five Man Electrical Band members to respond. Are these band members (I don't know how many are still alive) opposed to the law-mandated "SIGNS" that must be posted on businesses requiring "proof of papers"? If unopposed, will they support other signs requiring "proof of papers"? (Of course, them being Canadian, I think I used a bad example.)