Is this the best Lumberton team ever????

Guest football09

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finishing 8 and 2 for Lumberton this year will just be aweful.

When they played Dayton they really impressed me.

The kids never gave up and played 110% the whole game.

However they are only 1 loss away from losing all they have fought for.

Will be an intense week in Lumberton and Dayton.

Having never been to the playoffs, and with such a good team, it's hard not to root for them.

That said...

Nederland will be playing 200% knowing that there long playoff streak is on the line.

Guest oldplayer

football has change around there area. I know back in 2001 the lumberton Offense was great and its better than the offense this year but in 01 they had no defense. In 91 they were pretty good they had fannett and newton in there district both rank in top 10 in state. Can't forget about Tj lights team and Lutrulls they were good too. This year team is better coached then those other teams but I think those other teams had more talent.

Guest Wildcat 08

football has change around there area. I know back in 2001 the lumberton Offense was great and its better than the offense this year but in 01 they had no defense. In 91 they were pretty good they had fannett and newton in there district both rank in top 10 in state. Can't forget about Tj lights team and Lutrulls they were good too. This year team is better coached then those other teams but I think those other teams had more talent.

I disagree!

Guest dailynews

This team is very good. Not sure about the other successful teams in Lumberton history but this years team has it all. Defense, offense and good coaching. If they pull it off vs Nederland this week the will be hands down the best team in L-Town history.

This year team is good becasue they got some great coaches, I am sure ole Kevin Johnson will dissagree about the best team ever is I am sure he will say his group when he had Tj light and chad lutrull. In my mind either that team is the best and the 91 team. Now the 2001 team with eckert and talbert was a very good team with no defense, their offense was the best around the area for what I remember. But this year team is Heart and coaching and thats what builds a program.

I am about to make two good points here on this thread, which by the way is probably one of the best threads yet.  #1 This is exactly why the better coaches get the better pay.  I  believe this years team is a perfect example of a Head Coach who put together a staff of his liking, and made the best of it.  Coach Credeur is a perfectionist, and never lowers his bar of expectations.  Talk to any of his players, they believe that there is nothing that they CANT do.  #2 The 2007 Lumberton football team is a perfect example of football being a team sport.  There is not ONE athlete on that team that is of D1 caliber, but yet when they play the Ozens, Daytons, and I am sure even Cleveland will have someone go D1 from their school, they can beat them.  When you have ALL 11 guys doing their jobs, and not trying to do more, you will have a successful football program.  Now is this team more talented than the years past, Heck no.  Do they have some Good athletes yes, they do.  Light, Eckert, Luttrell were GREAT athletes all with D1 potential, however they didn't have the nucleus like this team does.  As a former coach, my hat goes off to these coaches and players, because they have worked hard for this to happen. "The cream rises to the top."  Soon it will become a common theme, Lumberton will eventually get into the play-offs year after year.  Good Coaching beats Good athletes 9 times out of 10.

Lumberton beats Ned Friday and they are the best in school history.  Anyone who would deny those kids  that is an idiot.  I can just hear the redneck logic behind the stands. "We did'nt make it to the playoffs in 92 but we would put a can of whoop a_ _ on dem boys !"

The 91 and 92 teams were pretty even.  Both had the ability to run or pass on any given night.  Both had hard hitting stingy defenses.  91 team had best defense in the district until facing HF ( Who had the best offense statistically in the history of the state. 2 players who went on to the NFL.)  92 Team was a lot like this years team.  Bruising runningback Tal Light.  Talented Receivers, Good coaching, Hard hitting defense.  And 2 fastest guys in L-Town's history on defense.  For this reason, I give nod to early 90's.  It's was really hard to be 15-5 and not see playoff action.  I am excited for this years team.  Watching WB clinch district title Friday was amazing.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami