Wisconsin Supreme Court Strikes Down Mask Mandate!

Reagan

24 minutes ago, Reagan said:

From the article:  "...the state’s Supreme Court ruled that Evers mandate exceeded his authority."  Imagine a Dim exceeding their authority!  LOL!!   Another vote for freedom!!

This is the hidden content, please

Actually it was a vote for the law. Apparently in that state the governor has limited authority on what he can declare an emergency. 

I would be willing to bet that it is addressed almost immediately or whenever they have their next legislative session. The Supreme Court only ruled on statutory law. It was not a vote for freedom. 

And the article states exactly that. In his state he can only issue a 60 day mandatory order without legislative approval. He did not get that approval so even though he had the authority to order masks, that expired 60 days later. Texas for example does  not have that law. I believe the wording of the Texas law says that the governor can renew it until he decides otherwise.

Now a mayor in Texas under the same emergency chapter, must have approval from the city council after the initial order. 

55 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Actually it was a vote for the law. Apparently in that state the governor has limited authority on what he can declare an emergency. 

I would be willing to bet that it is addressed almost immediately or whenever they have their next legislative session. The Supreme Court only ruled on statutory law. It was not a vote for freedom

Sure it was!  A vote for freedom from a Dim exceeding his authority!  Not hard to understand!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Sure it was!  A vote for freedom from a Dim exceeding his authority!  Not hard to understand!

It was a vote for the rule of law. I envision the way it is being talked about like it is William Wallace screaming “FREEDOM!!!”. 

The governor from what I have read, exceeded his authority. It doesn’t matter what political party he is in, he did something that his state law did not allow. I am glad that the Supreme Court of Wisconsin upheld the law as it is written. That is the way it should be. 

When a state does have a law unlike Wisconsin, which gives the governor unlimited powers to extend an emergency, I think the same people that cheer the Wisconsin Supreme Court upholding the law will want the Supreme Courts in those states to not go by the law. That is kind of contradictory. 

58 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

It was a vote for the rule of law. I envision the way it is being talked about like it is William Wallace screaming “FREEDOM!!!”. 

The governor from what I have read, exceeded his authority. It doesn’t matter what political party he is in, he did something that his state law did not allow. I am glad that the Supreme Court of Wisconsin upheld the law as it is written. That is the way it should be. 

When a state does have a law unlike Wisconsin, which gives the governor unlimited powers to extend an emergency, I think the same people that cheer the Wisconsin Supreme Court upholding the law will want the Supreme Courts in those states to not go by the law. That is kind of contradictory. 

100% Agree!