Disrespectful or No Big Deal?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a rule, then it should be enforced.  The only thing I have ever seen officials do is tell teams to go back to the sidelines.  I personally, do not like to see ANY team go to the middle before a game or half starts.  Part of the blame has got to belong to the officials for not inforcing the rule.

Guest maverick24

I think it is funny how SOME not ALL fans think that just because their team does something that makes it right.  I understand that some of yall think its ok I just say whatever the rule is play by it. If it says the biggest team can be in the middle  then thats it get there. If it says no one can be their it should be the Coaches to tell them and explain what they can do. It is all just a Dif of what we all believe. It is ok for yall to think its ok but dont bash others who dont agree with yall, that is part of what makes some think yall do this as a disrespect thing!

I think it is funny how SOME not ALL fans think that just because their team does something that makes it right.  I understand that some of yall think its ok I just say whatever the rule is play by it. If it says the biggest team can be in the middle  then thats it get there. If it says no one can be their it should be the Coaches to tell them and explain what they can do. It is all just a Dif of what we all believe. It is ok for yall to think its ok but dont bash others who dont agree with yall, that is part of what makes some think yall do this as a disrespect thing!

Know what, Mav?  You have a chip on your shoulder or something.  I went back and re-read the posts.  My opinion was that it didn't bother me and I never knew it was a rule and I felt pretty sure WOS didn't know it was a rule.  Then YOU bashed me with your sarcastic "you don't understand class" comment.  Who is the pot to call the kettle black?  We tried to tell you that it wasn't disrespectful in our opinion and then you go get the phantom rule-book thing.  The field house number at WOS is 409-883-5530.  Why don't you call Coach Hooks and tell him that not only is it disrespectful for his team to run out on the logo of the other team, but it is against the UIL rules, too!  Maybe you should call UIL and we'll get disqualified this year.  Would that make you happy?  We have all stated our opinion yet you won't leave it alone and you won't accept that every single WOS poster has said that it was not meant as disrespect and no one but you seemed to know that it is a "rule". 

The field house number at WOS is 409-883-5530.  Why don't you call Coach Hooks and tell him that not only is it disrespectful for his team to run out on the logo of the other team, but it is against the UIL rules, too! 

Something about this just struck me as funny.  I don't know if it was the visual of Dan Hooks answering the phone or just imagining what Dan would say to someone over the phone telling him that he was breaking the rules. :D :D :D

as long as your not doing a line dance or something that is stupid on it, hey its ok.  You might even get the other team fired up enough to beat you.  ;D  Now if you were like Kirbyville a couple of years ago and played slip and slide on it after the game.  Well thats another story >:(

Not to mention the fact that one of the players was the coaches son too. :o :-\

as long as your not doing a line dance or something that is stupid on it, hey its ok.  You might even get the other team fired up enough to beat you.  ;D  

THANK YOU!  I was beginning to believe only WOS fans were the only ones who didn't care one way or the other.  I feel like you do.  If you don't like it....beat them.

THANK YOU!  I was beginning to believe only WOS fans were the only ones who didn't care one way or the other.  I feel like you do.  If you don't like it....beat them.

But that argument doesn't hold water when you're talking about school sports.  What you're basically saying when you say "beat em" is saying that if you can't, then the other team is allowed to do whatever they want to irregardless of being disrespectful.  The coaches are there to do more than just win.  They are there to teach character and responsibility.

That said, we can agree or disagree about it being disrespectful or not, but to say "just beat em" is a cop out IMO.

But that argument doesn't hold water when you're talking about school sports.  What you're basically saying when you say "beat em" is saying that if you can't, then the other team is allowed to do whatever they want to irregardless of being disrespectful.  The coaches are there to do more than just win.  They are there to teach character and responsibility.

That said, we can agree or disagree about it being disrespectful or not, but to say "just beat em" is a cop out IMO.

Let's see....How about I say it like this....I don't think it's disrespectful for ANY team to run out to the middle of the field.  I don't think that WOS players have done it out of disrespect. I think the coaches at WOS DO teach character and responsibility...and discipline.  

Guest whoabroncos09

i dont think that it is that big of a deal.

the team is just getting fired up.

weather it be in the middle of the field on the other teams logo, or in the endzone on the school name.

i doubt the team is think about, hey lets all go jump on their logo.

It was at the end of the game and Central had beaten WB 10-0! Now, does it seem uncool, unsportsmanlike? I thought so!

I dont' remember because I was in middle school then.  I think I did go to that game, being that the Beaumont bowl was 'all that' and some.  I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I realy don't remember.

This was College football but I thought it might fit in somewhere.Gerogia beat Vanderbilt a few weeks ago and then the Gerogia players started dancing on the Vandy Logo.The Georgia coach Mark Richt ran over and yelling at his players and pushed them off the Vandy logo.

Afterwards he stated they dont do that "stuff" at Georgia.

now that was after a WIN and after the game.Anything before a game i dont really find nothing too wrong with it.After a game then you need to show class and show your opponent respect.Before that is fair game and whatever the other team does you can use it as motivation.

Its hard to know what a team is thinking when they are "gettin fired up" at mid field.

BUT --- If the players are trying to copy Terrell Owens (spiking the ball on the logo after a touchdown), dancing, spitting or otherwise obviously disrespecting ---- it is not right.

Last time I checked we are playing football not having a tea party.  If its before the game the teams are just trying to get pumped up which is often needed in order for them to play well.  Usually the people that complain about this come out on the losing end of the game and are looking for something to complain about.  Let them play its called excitement for the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami