*Orangefield 17 Hamshire-Fannett 14 Final/Comments*

The players honor the opposing teams school song by standing in front of their band, before heading back to their sidelines. Actually, in this case, they limped back to the sidelines, cause yall brought it, and once again, our team showed confusion, inconsistency, etc. etc. etc...Congratulations Bobcats and keep it going. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange

The HF kids stood behind our kids while they were singing the school song. I took that as a sign of respect for your opposing team. Very classes in my book. You don't see that very much in this day and time. That is a credit to the HF kids and coaches and their community. I hope the kids that got hurt are OK. Keep your heads up HF. Anything can happen these last two games. We are pulling for you guys. You guys are not out of it yet.

The HF kids stood behind our kids while they were singing the school song. I took that as a sign of respect for your opposing team. Very classes in my book. You don't see that very much in this day and time. That is a credit to the HF kids and coaches and their community. I hope the kids that got hurt are OK. Keep your heads up HF. Anything can happen these last two games. We are pulling for you guys. You guys are not out of it yet.

I agree Bleedorange.  That was a very classy move by Coach Mangam, his staff, and his players.  I for one enjoyed that sign of good sportsmanship because in this day and age you don't see that too often.  So thanks Coach Mangam and your players.  Very Classy!  HF keep this guy around!

See ya at the volleyball game this evening!

Great game by both teams last night. Man I tell you what, HF has some good looking kids on that team and I truly believe that coach has them heading in the right direction. #32 is a hoss, hope that kid is okay...he was all over the field last night. Looked like the QB twisted his ankle pretty bad, hope he's able to go next week. We lost a key lineman early in the 4th qtr, he was on crutches after the game, so let's hope he can go next week.

I too thought that showed a lot of class by the HF players and coaches after the game. The players lined up shoulder to shoulder behind our team as our school song was played. I was very impressed with that and so was several people in our stands. You have my respect and I tip my hat to your fans, players and coaches on a job well done. Now go win out and make this playoff race interesting!!!

I believe we're heading in the right direction too. After we were embarrased at Silsbee, this has been a totally different team. They have played their tails off and it started in the 2nd half of the Jasper game. Just too bad things didn't start clicking earlier in the year, but that's part of being a young team. We have several sophmores and juniors playing on the varsity level for the first time and that showed earlier in the year. These kids have grown up quick and they are fun to watch. We Believe!!!

It was a quick political move to take attention away from the fact they just lost to a 1-6 team and are no longer in the playoff hunt.  Orangefield should have never even been in this game, much less win it.

It was a very classy thing to do, but I am curious to know if they do this after they have won a game.  I was at the game and and it kinda made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.  As an old football player I can say that would be plenty of motivation for me not to lose if I didn't have to go stand behind the other team and listen to their band play their schoool song.

I got news for you, what the players from HF did after the game had NOTHING to do with sportsmanship. It was a ploy conducted by Coach Mangan to ensure that the seed was planted never to lose to Orangefield again. Kinda like having the players look at the scoreboard while you tell them that they will never lose to that team again. Pretty smart by coach Mangan, fans think its a show of respect, while in actuality its a manuever to plant that seed inside those kids that they NEVER want to have to go thru that again!

A ploy?? Are you kidding me? I was satisfied with it being just a classy move, now it's ruined.

man there are some true idiots in this world. What a classless statement to make about an individual and his staff. I assure you this PLOY has taken place at every game win or lose home or away. What an undignified slanderous statement to make about our kids and our coaches, you should be ashamed to even think that way. Congratulations to OF and good luck, we in HF feel our program is moving in the right direction especially when we are teaching are kids more than just win or lose at all cost. Society may want to take a few lessons at what truly SCHOOL is about, teaching kids how to be better citizens in society. WE ARE DOWN BUT NOT YET OUT.

I got news for you, what the players from HF did after the game had NOTHING to do with sportsmanship. It was a ploy conducted by Coach Mangan to ensure that the seed was planted never to lose to Orangefield again. Kinda like having the players look at the scoreboard while you tell them that they will never lose to that team again. Pretty smart by coach Mangan, fans think its a show of respect, while in actuality its a manuever to plant that seed inside those kids that they NEVER want to have to go thru that again!

You obviously do not know what you are talking about....they do this after every game win or lose.  It is to show respect for the opposing team. 

Guest bleed orange

Are you kidding me?  Are you so consumed with beating Orangefield. You have a problem. You are missing the big picture. We should be pulling for each other because we are smaller then most of the teams we play.

Umaga, they do this after EVERY game, win or lose ! Out of the playoff                    picture (?)...maybe you need to look at the schedule again, cause it probably won't be over til week 10. I for one appreciate the things Coach Mangan has instilled in these players and program. And to Mr. Straycat, you said it made the hair on your neck stand up, man, I bet that was a lot of HAIR !!!!!!!!!  Lol      Good luck to you Bobcats the rest of the season.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about....they do this after every game win or lose.  It is to show respect for the opposing team. 

KatKiller...as not only a fan of HF but a parent of a senior on the HF team, I am extremely offended by your statement! These kids do this EVERY single game, win or lose at home or away and it IS out of respect for the other team. In fact, when we lost at home to Jasper on our homecoming, the team did the same thing and in return, Jasper's team came over during our school song and honored us as well. It was the first and only time a team we have played this year has taken que and done that. If you can't learn something from HF maybe you can learn something from Jasper. Congrats to the bobcats on their win..it was a hard loss for HF but one they are taking well and keeping their heads high and still fighting for that playoff spot!!

Good Game Bobcats, they really got physical with our Horns. I believe they knocked our starting QB & LB out for the season. I hate to see injuries and I wish our injured players well. I have to say that this was

a really ugly game, the Horns are not playing with much Heart. The Horns made alot of miscues and Coach Mangan made some poor descisions, IMO. If the Horns can get things turned around then I think that they still have a slim shot a getting in playoffs. I hope we can right the ship and win the next two games. That with a few key losses by Silsbee and KVille could put us in the mix.   

Good Game Bobcats, they really got physical with our Horns. I believe they knocked our starting QB & LB out for the season. I hate to see injuries and I wish our injured players well. I have to say that this was

a really ugly game, the Horns are not playing with much Heart. The Horns made alot of miscues and Coach Mangan made some poor descisions, IMO. If the Horns can get things turned around then I think that they still have a slim shot a getting in playoffs. I hope we can right the ship and win the next two games. That with a few key losses by Silsbee and KVille could put us in the mix.     

I missed this game for the first time this year. What kind of coaching decisions were made that were poor?? It sounded to me with the stats and comments on here and in the press that OF got after us, and we had some more bad luck in the way of injuries? HF had only 2 possessions in the first half and scored on one? What did you see that went wrong?

I missed this game for the first time this year. What kind of coaching decisions were made that were poor?? It sounded to me with the stats and comments on here and in the press that OF got after us, and we had some more bad luck in the way of injuries? HF had only 2 possessions in the first half and scored on one? What did you see that went wrong?

We had a few holding penalties that caused some good drives to stall out. As far as the coaches descisions called into to question, I believe it was late in the 3rd and were driving to score to take the lead when we

got one of those above mentioned holding calls. We have a first and twenty, we come up about a foot short of getting a first down in 3 plays, we are facing a 4th down with a foot to go and he called a toss sweep, we were   

stuffed for a loss. The HF fans me included thought he should have called for a QB sneek. Orangefield took the ball

and scored making the score 17 to 7. IMO that was the turning point in the game. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder