jug & trot line ideas

Wildfire

any other good jug or trot line ideas i got one... you get a peice of pvc pipe big enuff to fit snuggly in a swimmin pool noodle and put a weight in there and cap both ends on one end flag it with bright plastic flagin and the other put yer string so when the catfish takes the bait and dives the weight will slide to that end and the flagin will raise up and you will see it and then you will know you got a bite. another when you run a trot line between the lines run a nother with a screw top coke bottle full of liver and blood make some medium sized cuts so the blood can "bleed out" and atract the catfish

I just use the noodles without the pvc.  If you don't get precise amount of weight in there they don't flag right.  Also remeber all your jugs and noodles have to white and have to have all of your information written on them. Depends on the fish your targetting also. If you have a big 50+ pounder you gonna loose that noodle, most use at least 4 " to 5" foam.

I had some reflective vinyl left over from a sign so i wrapped all my noodles in it so it looks white and reflects in the spotlight.  I run the noodles on a 15ft line with 2 or 3 hooks and a railroad spike as a weight.  All my jugs are are on 50ft lines and my hooks are rigged on trotline clips so i can regulate the the drops and also if there is a big fish i can get the hooks off and don't worry about the fish ripping them through my hands.

I take swimming pool noodles and cut them to 13 inches and run the line  through them and tie it off tight at one end.  Make an appropriate length of line to the area you like to fish.  Mine are 15ft i'm fishing them in 12-14ft water on a ledge before it drops to 38ft.  i use a railroad spike for a weight. I have 2,  4/0 gamagatsu octupus circle hooks on a 6 inch leader rigged with barrel swivels that can slide up or down depending on what depth the fish are consistently biting.  when the fish are on it will dance around with no problem and you don't waste money with those pvc pipes and guessing what the right weight should be. 

when i pick them up i jusr roll the line around one end of the noodle hook the hooks in the top and shove the railroad spike in the bottom.  I can keep aboout 20 of them iin one milk crate.  I also took reflective vinyl and wrapped them so when the spot hits em you can locate a runner a half mile away. They look like mini buoys.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics