**WO-S At Jasper Predictions/Small School game Of The Week**

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with WOS in this one...we've played both teams and WOS has been the best team we have played all season by far. I'm not taking anything away from Jasper, they are good and they are fired up right now, but they didn't play the HF team that Silsbee did, and they didn't play the HF team that played WOS the first half of that game. Our boys were not playing ball this past Friday night, it should have been a MUCH closer competition. Jasper came to play and our HF boys didn't. WOS will be ready for them.

WOS    21

Jasper  12 (based on Jasper having a hard time making their XP's)

P.S. This is to the Jasper athletes...and please bear with me....after being at the JV game in Jasper Thursday night, I had little respect for this program, I understand it is an amazing feeling to beat an undefeated team but to behave the way these players did after winning was rude and uncalled for. I had a bad feeling going to the game Friday night, and I felt like after the "dawgs" beat us, we were going to see that same "rub it in your face" behavior we saw the night before. I was wrong...anyone that has played HF at home this season knows that our team lines up on the field in front of the opposing team to honor their school song first, then comes to the home side for their school song. It shows respect and now, I believe leadership. Congratulations to the Bulldogs for honoring and respecting our team, cheerleaders, band, drill team, and fans by facing our side while our school song was played...some of you even made the horns sign!! ;D  You are the only team we have played that has done that. You gained a lot of respect from HF by the way you handled your win against us and it very much appreciated. I can only hope that your JV will learn from your leadership!

Until someone beats WOS in district, they have to be the favorite. After saying that, I believe that they are as ready as they have ever been to be beaten in district. I don't think they have as good of a team as they have had in the past(still very good though). I see this game being extremely close. Home field advantage will be the key. Jasper by 1, 8 to 7. They will not worry about kicking the ball and score on a 2 point conversion. Go get em Dawgs!

jasper 36

west orange 30

So your going to add some players from Kirbyville and Silsbee team to score 36 points against Wo-s? that's the only way you will score 36 points against this defense. You have played some weak teams, you won't score 14 points. If better teams that we played haven't even gotten 20 against us, what makes you think you will score 36...let's be realistic people. I can understand you saying you think your team will win, but score 36 points? lol

WO-S92, sometimes you make it really hard for others in Orange County to support the Mustangs because of your superior attitude. It would be nice if you learned the difference between confidence and arrogance. You snidely throw your fellow Orange County teams into your post and denigrate them. Yes, BC gave up 60 points to a Bobcat team that had previously been winless, but the Bobcats have hung with some very good teams. It's not like they were blown out of the water in every game they lost. WO-S has always had a lot of talent and an excellent coach that has been with them for many years. Count your blessings, that may not always be the case. I hope the Mustangs win, in spite of the smugness we will have to put up with from you.

WO-S is giving up just five points per game since the start of district - three points per game in that same two-game span. Jasper has a shot, but don't expect the same level of competition from WO-S as you got from Bridge City, who just gave up 60 to a winless Bobcat team.

Let WO-S worrie about only Bailey and see what will happen.He is not the best player on this team and they are a team.There are other weapons on this team and they made plays againts H-F on O and D.So I hope they only think about Mr.#15 and if they do they will not win this game cause Jasper has more than one bullet in the gun.

let me say how i feel about this post.OF,BC,and LC-M have had some bad luck this year ,but will never give up and to me thats all that counts.all these kids have hearts of gold and some of them will be back next year i hope and wil be bigger and stronger .let me say this to you  NEVER NEVER look back at what happned this year ,look ahead becouse at the end of a storm look for the rainbow the pot of GOLD .all of you have very good coaches and SUPER FAN      PS sorry for the spelling

Let WO-S worrie about only Bailey and see what will happen.He is not the best player on this team and they are a team.There are other weapons on this team and they made plays againts H-F on O and D.So I hope they only think about Mr.#15 and if they do they will not win this game cause Jasper has more than one bullet in the gun.

You have a whole lot more to worry about when stopping Wo-s than they have in stopping Jasper. You will not be able to score many points against them. Your defense needs to focus on trying to keep Wo-s out of the endzone. That will be a bigger chore for you, than it will be for Wo-s D to stop your O. This is becoming comical with these teams week after week talking trash, just to make themselves look silly in the end. Everybody talks about Wo-s showing respect to other teams, but there aren't many who show respect to them and it shows with the garbage that we have to hear week after week.

WO-S is good but not as good as last year.They have put a hurting on the bad team's but not really roleing past the good teams.Jasper is a hole lot better than last year and the score will be a lot closer than last year and maybe with jasper winning.WO-S D is strong but there O is not as strong.A D can only hold for so long so WO-S O better come with it cause jasper has more to play for the WO-S and that might be WO-S downfall.Jasper is hungrey and need this win bad just like coach Hook's said he's glad they do have to really win Friday night cause he know is going to be an all night war.

I would really have to agree about the respect issue concerning WO-S, but we have come to just expect it from almost everybody(not ACCEPT it).  Our school (including our football team) has never been given anything...we've earned it, but that is because our kids have grown up having to work and earn what they have.  For the most part, they aren't "given" anything...they are athletes because they have practiced being athletes since they could walk.  They haven't had the luxury of going to camps and special coaches to enhance their abilities (and sometimes even develop some abilities), so they do the only thing that they know how to do...bust their behinds to get better. 

Most schools in this area are better at one thing than they others...in fact, some schools excel at particular sports and are known because of that dominance in those sports.  WO-S is known for football.  BC is known for baseball.  LC-M is known for baseball and softball.  OF is known for girl's basketball.  HJ is known for boy's basketball.  There are fans who post on these different sports' forums and boast/brag and sometimes at other's teams expense. 

And trust me when I say that I realize that many, if not most of the posters on this forum (and most other forums) are ex-student/athletes.  While that should be a positive thing, unfortunately many of these posters attempt to live-relive their dreams through these kids.  Let the kids play.  Let them make mistakes.  Stop condemning the people who get paid VERY LITTLE to put up with what they have to put up with, spend countless hours with their programs without monetary compensation, and still attempt to help us (the parents) instill some positive qualities in our kids while we work to put food on the table and clothes on their backs.  Oh yeah...most importantly, they are not infallible.  Remember the old saying...IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD!!! ;)  These are impressionable, young children...let's be mindful of that when we post on here (and that is to ALL posters).  ;)

WO-S is good but not as good as last year.They have put a hurting on the bad team's but not really roleing past the good teams.Jasper is a hole lot better than last year and the score will be a lot closer than last year and maybe with jasper winning.WO-S D is strong but there O is not as strong.A D can only hold for so long so WO-S O better come with it cause jasper has more to play for the WO-S and that might be WO-S downfall.Jasper is hungrey and need this win bad just like coach Hook's said he's glad they do have to really win Friday night cause he know is going to be an all night war.

I think we all know it's going to be an all night war. If we win by 1 or 100 we still only get 1 win. Sometimes I think too much emphasis is put on how much you win by.

A very wise man said...OFFENSE WINS GAMES.  DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

We'll just have to wait until Friday and see who comes out with the "W".  It doesn't matter if you win by 99 or 1, a win is still a win.  I wish both teams a good game with no injuries!!!  Of course, I have to go with WO-S by at least ONE POINT!!!  ;)

Their Defense is even better!

A very wise man said...OFFENSE WINS GAMES.  DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

We'll just have to wait until Friday and see who comes out with the "W".  It doesn't matter if you win by 99 or 1, a win is still a win.  I wish both teams a good game with no injuries!!!  Of course, I have to go with WO-S by at least ONE POINT!!!  ;)

IT Seems like teams in this area look for moral victories against Wo-s. If they didn't get blown out then they feel good about themselves and other teams seem to think that that means that they can beat them. At Wo-s we don't care how much we win by or lose by. When we lost to Bc this year by three, we didn't say oh atleast we only lost by three. All we know is that we lost because everytime a Wo-s player step on that field, they expect to win. That's the difference between Wo-s and other teams in this area...they don't settle for moral victores...there is no such thing as far as we see it. And that's why they have been so successful for so long.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn