Dayton 40 Vidor 0 Final/Comments

Great stadium Dayton, but man the advertisement was deadly!!!  ;D

We stank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I don't know what game some of the posters went to see, but offense only looked good the very first four downs.  After that we went back to the same ol' crap!!!  Defense did ok the first half and after that the whole team looked like they've never seen a football in their life.  I was embarrassed for the team, the coaches and the fans.  It was truly a sad situation.

Good luck to everyone else 'cause the predictions are true...WE WILL BE DEAD LAST!!!

Guest piratefaithful

Great stadium Dayton, but man the advertisement was deadly!!!  ;D

We stank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I don't know what game some of the posters went to see, but offense only looked good the very first four downs.  After that we went back to the same ol' crap!!!  Defense did ok the first half and after that the whole team looked like they've never seen a football in their life.  I was embarrassed for the team, the coaches and the fans.  It was truly a sad situation.

Good luck to everyone else 'cause the predictions are true...WE WILL BE DEAD LAST!!!

Thankgod I am not the only one who thinks this way..we started off mixing it up..throwing on first down and everything..and then we go back to the same ol crap that dont work.

Thankgod I am not the only one who thinks this way..we started off mixing it up..throwing on first down and everything..and then we go back to the same ol crap that dont work.

COMPLAINERS SOON BECOME THE COMPLAINT OF OTHERS!

Start believing in the kids instead of gripping.

Positive thoughts produce positive outcomes.

" I was embarrassed for the team, the coaches and the fans.  It was truly a sad situation."

I am sure the coaches and the players are "embarrassed" to have fans like this.

The players were out there doing there very best.

Guest piratefaithful

" I was embarrassed for the team, the coaches and the fans.  It was truly a sad situation."

its not the players..I believe we feel bad for all the players .

if you saw the game or any of the other games you know you thought the samething.I believe we ALL support the players

sounds like some of you vidor fans need to go and get a degree, coach at the junior high for a few years, coach the freshman and jv teams and then take over the program.  I am sure that yall would be great coaches.  Mathews can coach so get off of him.  He loves the program and then he has to listen to so called fans rip him. 

next year it will be the same story..the next year we will be gettiing ready for next year..

same ol crap!! But mathews will be in the vidorian next week talking that we are getting better and how he saw signs of improvement..and how the effort was there and how he is getting ready for next week..same ol crap!!

is it reasonable to assume that the problem might be poor preparation on the part of Vidor's coaching staff. It seems to be the same old story with Vidor. Coaches say they see some improvement, but you never see the reflection on the scoreboard, where it counts.

sounds like some of you vidor fans need to go and get a degree, coach at the junior high for a few years, coach the freshman and jv teams and then take over the program.  I am sure that yall would be great coaches.  Mathews can coach so get off of him.  He loves the program and then he has to listen to so called fans rip him. 

I agree. All of the negativity that has been posted on here from so called Pirate fans is just about as embarrassing as last nights score. I just hope that all of the other area schools realize that this is just a small about of people gripping and all of the fans aren't so unsupportive. I know that the players and coaches read this crap and it has got to be effecting them. Those boys have got to be able to walk of the field after a game and know that the fans support them whether they win or lose. But that is kind of hard to do when the stands began to empty half way through the game. Our players always come to the side line after the game (win or lose) to hear their school song played. They look up in the stands where it is nearly empty. What kind of support it that?

I agree. All of the negativity that has been posted on here from so called Pirate fans is just about as embarrassing as last nights score. I just hope that all of the other area schools realize that this is just a small about of people gripping and all of the fans aren't so unsupportive. I know that the players and coaches read this crap and it has got to be effecting them. Those boys have got to be able to walk of the field after a game and know that the fans support them whether they win or lose. But that is kind of hard to do when the stands began to empty half way through the game. Our players always come to the side line after the game (win or lose) to hear their school song played. They look up in the stands where it is nearly empty. What kind of support it that?

I agree. People get carried away with some of there post. I may get slammed for saying this but the kids need to steo up and make some plays. There was several times that we hit there ball carrier for little or no gain and do not make the tackle this has been a problem all year. Offensively to many breakdowns on the o-line and droped passes. Step up guys your not little kids anymore some of you or 17 and 18 year old young men. Be leaders and turn this season around.

Quote from Purple4Ever...

I have been supportive through every game trying to encourage and make something positive out of something so negative, but you can only do so much...the rest is up to them, and the up to them hasn't showed their face.

Congrats Dayton, everyone laughed when Lumberton beat ya'll in the first game, but now everybody is realizing that the Raiders are a good team this year. This is going to be a crazy year.

I agree Scalp'em. Looks like the Raiders are going to be there in the end, if they take  care of their business. Hang in there Pirates, I saw you guys once this year and ya'll have some good athletes, not sure what's going on, but you've got to keep your heads up.

Congrats Bronco's, pretty solid game.

That sounds like a good idea to me. 

I am tired of hearing you rip someone who works hard and has dedicated his time to helping students become better people.  My advice to you "unfaithful pirate fans."  Stop living vicariously through High School athletics.

You need a degree to coach like that?????  You've got to be one fo the coaches.  Your doing a great job???? LOL

I am as disappointed as anyone else.  But not for me.  I am disappointed for the kids that worked hard all week.  Some of you people act as if you have been personally offended by the outcome of a high school sporting event.  It really makes you look kind of sad.  To say that the outcome of a high school football game embarrassed you is really quit pathetic.  Unless our kids were unsportsmanlike or they quit trying, and I am certain neither of these things happened.  Some of you need to get a life.  Our opponents get on here each week and give our team more respect than some of our own “fansâ€.

Guest piratefaithful

I am as disappointed as anyone else.  But not for me.  I am disappointed for the kids that worked hard all week.  Some of you people act as if you have been personally offended by the outcome of a high school sporting event.  It really makes you look kind of sad.  To say that the outcome of a high school football game embarrassed you is really quit pathetic.  Unless our kids were unsportsmanlike or they quit trying, and I am certain neither of these things happened.  Some of you need to get a life.  Our opponents get on here each week and give our team more respect than some of our own “fansâ€.

heck our opponents are happy we play like that every week..thast a "w" for them.

Dang dude, Coach Mathews is a great coach, drop it.

This subject does need to be dropped. It is negatively affecting the players, coaches and anyone else involved. Anti-Mathew fans need to take their complaints, grips, and problems to someone who can help the situation or get off of it. Otherwise all you are doing it keeping the negative emotions stirring. I realize that this is a public forum, but it is hurting the football program more than it is helping.