21-3A FLAMETHROWERS

HORNS4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to keep my eyes open.   Didn't see anyone from 21-3A getting close to 90 last year.

Of course, it looks a lot different from behind the plate.   :D

I saw two pitchers 21-3A getting close to 90 last year, both in the same game.  Not my judgement.  It was stated fact by the college scout sitting in the bleachers with a gun on them.  The two pitchers:  Stringer for BC, and Reagan for Jasper.  As I remember they were consistently throwing around 88, and hitting 90 and up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ST4life

I dont think anyone that plays jv was better that monse rodgers and treece in fact hicks and mcdonald need some work they didnt really show me anything last year

for thinking that HJ has the fastest baseball pitchers I  guess you came over here to talk about baseball because you where geeting scared on the basketball forum  :o

Guest ST4life

Yeah thats exactly what it was i was scarred of a little silsbee sally girl like you yeah thats exactly what it is and oh yeah i never said that hj had the fastest pitchers i just said that monse and rodgers can throw some heat

i would but i cant pass up the date with your momma tonight 8)

Hicks is good at any position;however, when he pumps a fast ball--he is pitching it in the upper eighties.  He most always puts a lot of spin and slice-spin on his pitches; at lower speeds.  Watch him sometime when he is- pushed- on a throw from SS, he can throw a rapid ball.

Guest ASISEEIT

man ASISEEIT i have to tell you your reall smart

cardinals4life, before you talk about how smart someone is, learn how to spell "you're real"..lol

As for Harrington, I know he is in 4a...  He actually does throw in the upper 80's like you claim Hicks does..

I'm not downing Hicks in any way but I saw him pitch over the summer and he did fine, just not in the upper 80's......  Any team would love to have a player like that..

cardinals4life, before you talk about how smart someone is, learn how to spell "you're real"..lol

As for Harrington, I know he is in 4a...  He actually does throw in the upper 80's like you claim Hicks does..

I'm not downing Hicks in any way but I saw him pitch over the summer and he did fine, just not in the upper 80's......  Any team would love to have a player like that..

over the SUMMER??

someone can gain speed in 4 months.

maybe a good 3-4 mph.

say Matt Hicks threw 83-84 in June or July,

add 3-4 mph, its now Dec. and you have a good 86-87.

Thats upper 80's and either way, Hicks is a sophmore and will most likely hit 90 by his senior year if he is healthy. Answer your question?

• 4 weeks later...

The Hicks kid is documented over the summer topping/touching 87.  He does not pitch at that velocity but, on at least 1 pitch, can hit 87.  He is a max effort kid with some questionable arm action.  It is effective now because it does product some spin on the ball but one can question how well a player with his build will hold up/progress.  He projects better as an infielder IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami