21-3A FLAMETHROWERS

HORNS4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BC boy 17

The 3A district race was a fight to the very last game this past season. Ended the year with the 2 best teams in the state from the same district. And I agree the 4A district is equally as exciting, remember the two black and gold squads squared off in a one game match to see who made the play-offs. It just don't get much better.

We baseball fans are fortunate to have such good quality baseball available right here in our own back yards, in any class.

Not hardly! They don't have anyone as good as Parsons and Stevenson from Jasper,or Hicks from BC, or McDonald from Silsbee. BC has a couple of JV kids from last year that will be better than HJ's best.

??? are you retarded I dont think anyone that plays jv was better that monse rodgers and treece in fact hicks and mcdonald need some work they didnt really show me anything last year

??? are you retarded I dont think anyone that plays jv was better that monse rodgers and treece in fact hicks and mcdonald need some work they didnt really show me anything last year

First off, I'm not ree-tawdid (that was a lame putdown by the way). Second off, you must be one of the HJ pitchers. This is a thread about 21-31 flamethrowers. Treece is no longer in 21-3a. Quit trying to bring him back. As far as the JV kids go, last year BC had a righthander with a tremendous upside for this year. I think he will be as good or better than monse or rodgers. I saw both Monse and Rogers twice last year and would consider them average at best. Both throw between 78 and 82 with average breaking balls. Last year, the kid from BC threw low to mid 80's with an average breaking ball. He would have been HJ's #2 or #3. He was on JV because of Stringer, Meeks, and Hicks being in front of him. If HJ's pitching staff is the best in the district as was stated by TPX, then this district is tremendously over-rated. I'm not saying they are bad, just not great.

First off, I'm not ree-tawdid (that was a lame putdown by the way). Second off, you must be one of the HJ pitchers. This is a thread about 21-31 flamethrowers. Treece is no longer in 21-3a. Quit trying to bring him back. As far as the JV kids go, last year BC had a righthander with a tremendous upside for this year. I think he will be as good or better than monse or rodgers. I saw both Monse and Rogers twice last year and would consider them average at best. Both throw between 78 and 82 with average breaking balls. Last year, the kid from BC threw low to mid 80's with an average breaking ball. He would have been HJ's #2 or #3. He was on JV because of Stringer, Meeks, and Hicks being in front of him. If HJ's pitching staff is the best in the district as was stated by TPX, then this district is tremendously over-rated. I'm not saying they are bad, just not great.

okay your not ree tawdid but you are a jacka$$ for thinking that though i dont care what he threw he's not better that monse and rodgers idiot who both hit the 90's this fall

You really aren't worth replying to but,what type of gun did they hit 90's on. I'm sorry but there aren't many kids in southeast Texas that can hit 90. I've heard that the kid from Kelly can hit 90. He's the only one that I know of around here. There are many mid to upper 80's types, but just not many 90's.Many people try to claim that they throw 90 but when you put a gun on them, they are usually well below 90.

Not hardly! They don't have anyone as good as Parsons and Stevenson from Jasper,or Hicks from BC, or McDonald from Silsbee. BC has a couple of JV kids from last year that will be better than HJ's best.

your an idiot! HJ has 4 kids throwing in mid to upper 80's with one of them bieng a lefty...no kid is going to get off the jv team and pitch like that.  good try though

The advent of the "Flamethrower" has kind of diminished with the advent of the high-tech pitching machines.  Everyone who has coordination can hit a fast ball. The answer to great hitting comes with hitting the varied torquing multi-speed deliveries.

I see Jason Clark and Matt Hicks dealing some great low ERAs  this season.  BC has other good pitching as does Jasper but Hicks and Clark are a class above all the attempts at "flamethrowing".

yeah it shocked me i heard that they went somewhere for scouting or something and monse got clocked at 90 and rodgers at 93

OK heres how it really is Rodgers was 84 85 on a ray gun so they told him it was about 87 88. Same with Monse. Lundy hit 83 on the ray gun so it was about 84 85. Ricossa is in basketball so we dont know how hard he throws. HJ has 3 mid to upper 80's pitchers. None of us has touched 90. So if your calling us flamethrowers were not. Pitching isnt throwing hard its throwing strikes...look at the Skinner kid.

Guest Orangeboy

Hicks didnt show your nothen in the game he pitched against jasper the final game he gave up 5 hits and they would have one the game if there wasnt so many errors

Amen!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder