Big Buck - South Texas

gringo

Check out LosCuernos.com, I won the drop tine contest last year in the adult devision...not a huge deer but unique

It almost looks like a double main beam on the right side - my son killed one like that last year (I never even thought about it as a drop tine) - nice buck and very unique - where do you hunt?

Gringo, I hunt South Texas...Killam Ranch, Southern Star, Chupadera, San Miguel...mostly Maverick and Webb, but also just south of Uvalde

How bout that - I used to hunt the Adolpho pasture on the Killam Ranch west of Freer on Hwy 44 - gate 13 ( back in the George Light days).  Now I am over in Maverick county, north of Eagle Pass on Hwy 57, for about the last 5 years on the Kincaid Ranch next to the Paloma.  The Chupadera and San Miguel sound very familiar!

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Los Cazadores -

TEXAS' BIGGEST BUCK EVER!

Come see this and all the great deer at the Los Cazadores Contest website!

The largest non- typical whitetail ever shot by a hunter in Texas was killed by Marco Barrett on his ranch in Webb County in early October of this year. This HUGE non-typical scored 272 7/8 -- this in hard horn!

There have only been two other bucks that scored more in the history of Texas hunting. The largest (the Brady Buck 285 B/C) was a pick up head and second largest (Fred Mudge Head 272 B/C) to my knowledge was also a pick head which therefore would make Barrett's Buck the largest buck ever harvested by a hunter in Texas.

Unfounded rumors have been circulated by people speaking of that which they do not know.

Marco's family has been intensely managing this property in Webb County for many years. There are no deer pens of any kind on this ranch and there has been no introduction from deer outside this property.

Congratulations to the Barrett's for a job well done!

Also of great note, two of the very best archery kills have been reported in early October. One of these monster bucks was killed by Brook Benson in Grayson County scoring 206 5/8 and the other huge bow kill was killed in Zavala County by Travis Berger scoring 194 7/8.

We applaud these two hunters for their patience and perseverance!

Judging by the results of the first 2 weeks of the season, this might shape up to be the best hunting season ever! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder