**Nederland 28 Vidor 7 Final/Comments**

KFDM COOP

The night belong to 1957 State Champions as the community went all out in honoring the team, cheerleaders and all in involve.

By the way the current Dogs went thru the motion and won 28-7. Soph Kirby Bellows grew a little more with pin point passing and the receiving of Asa Cardenas and Adam Broussard. Cameron Bass ran hard. the defense took a awhile to adjust to the Pirates one demional offense, but thru a shutout after their 1st score.

It was not a fun game to watch. We got the win and Kirby gets better and better every week but there is just something missing. The defense played ok, but they seemed to be just going through the motions at times and tackled very sloppy for such an obvious scheme that came straight at them all night. Vidor seemed to be dead head too. Very little visible emotion out there from either side most of the time. To me this was a game that should have been a shutout and a 42 point minimum score. Noit being overly critical, the game just never seemed to get going.

Asa Cardenas rocks man,,, what a fun kid to watch. Its good to have a kamikaze receiver back on our side again. Cool thing is he has about 4 trusty friends to help spread it around quite a bit. I think we have a lot to look forward to in the coming years.  

Congrats Dogs, yall are the better team.Yall had a game plan and yall EXECUTED and made plays when you needed to.

The first half was a good football game.The second half was terrible.

The play calling for Vidor was good , and the scheme was there but the plays weren't executed.Nederland made plays and Vidor didn't.The OC tried to open it up and called a good game, but its hard to do when the the players dont make the plays.

#40 Pilsbury has a bad ACL and he is a tough kid.I wish we had  a few moe of him.Like I said congrats Dogs yall played a heck of  a game and wanted it more.

Congrats Dogs, yall are the better team.Yall had a game plan and yall EXECUTED and made plays when you needed to.

The first half was a good football game.The second half was terrible.

The play calling for Vidor was good , and the scheme was there but the plays weren't executed.Nederland made plays and Vidor didn't.The OC tried to open it up and called a good game, but its hard to do when the the players dont make the plays.

#40 Pilsbury has a bad ACL and he is a tough kid.I wish we had  a few moe of him.Like I said congrats Dogs yall played a heck of  a game and wanted it more.

I will second that piratefan they did want it more and just out played us. Once again to many dropped balls in key situations. Some of the kids need to dig deep and see if they really want it or not. Congrats Nederland

My thoughts:

Bellow looked alot better.  His timing was there and he made good decisions and pinpoint passes.

The running game showed up. We got it going in the second half.

Defense was pretty good.  We missed some tackles we should have made.

Negatives:

Too many silly penalties!!  A couple of personal fouls, a block in the back , and holding.

We were a little flat in the first half, too much else going on I guess.

Vidor's D is scrappy. They were on the field a long time though.

Vidor is going to have to find a passing game if they are going to compete.

My thoughts:

Bellow looked alot better.  His timing was there and he made good decisions and pinpoint passes.

The running game showed up. We got it going in the second half.

Defense was pretty good.  We missed some tackles we should have made.

Negatives:

Too many silly penalties!!  A couple of personal fouls, a block in the back , and holding.

We were a little flat in the first half, too much else going on I guess.

Vidor's D is scrappy. They were on the field a long time though.

Vidor is going to have to find a passing game if they are going to compete.

For the first  time in hisory I agree with bigdog.

Bellow is a good QB.We made him look like a Pro though.our corners gave him 10 yards all night and those dink and dunk passes was completed all night.But he can throw the deep ball as well.#21 Cardenas is a play maker.alot of third down conversions was because of him.that is the different between Vidor and Nederland.Yall made plays and we didnt.We just cant seem to make the plays when needed.

Vidor              Nederland

Total yards                169                    460

First downs                    9                    17

Rushes/Yds              41/161              29/156

Average rush          3.93                    5.38

Comp/Atts                  1/7                  18/24

Pass yards                  8                      304

Comp pct                  14.29                  75

Punts                          7                      3

Punting Yards              276                105

Punting Average        39.43                  35

Fumbles/Lost              1/2                    2/2

Penalties-yards          2-20                  8-71

Vidor              Nederland

Total yards                169                    460

First downs                    9                    17

Rushes/Yds              41/161               29/156

Average rush           3.93                     5.38

Comp/Atts                  1/7                  18/24

Pass yards                  8                      304

Comp pct                  14.29                  75

Punts                           7                      3

Punting Yards               276                 105

Punting Average         39.43                   35

Fumbles/Lost              1/2                    2/2

Penalties-yards          2-20                   8-71

that about sums it up

Congrats Nederland on the win. My hat goes off to Bellows, Cardenas, and Bass. Now with that said, the first half wasnt a bad game we threw an int at the 20 yard line right before the half. It wasnt a bad call just a bad QB decision. The second half i dont know what happened I think Vidor went to the locker room had some gatorade talked about what they were going to do after the game and that was it,no adjustments what so ever. Our corners playing 12 yards off the ball and still letting them to get behind them. We have a player that made all district DB not even playing Defense. He had over 800 yards rushing last year and he wasnt the starting rb last year. Now they have him at WR and we run 99% of the time. I dont understand. Can anyone explain this?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder