**Nederland 28 Vidor 7 Final/Comments**

KFDM COOP

Vidor never did quit in this game and it was a pretty clean game on both sides. I thought the refs made some bad calls BOTH ways. I really thought Vidor had a safety on us in the first half. But, this was after we had been awarded a fumble and then had it taken away from us and I think on that play they did not even count the down. It was a very strange play in my opinion. Was it just me or should it have been 3rd down and the ball about 5 more yards forward if it wasn't truly a fumble??

Vidor, you guys have some solid running backs that I wish we had on our team. You also have a speedy WR if y'all could get him the ball. If the coach would open it up a little, I think y'all can be dangerous and shock some teams. The double handoff trap play was your best play.

I am shocked that we had 460 yards. It did not seem like that many to me. I thought we should have had 2 more scores though, but a win is a win. Good luck to Vidor. I think they will win some ballgames this season, especially at home. Just glad we got them early before they make some offensive adjustments.

Congrats Nederland on the win. My hat goes off to Bellows, Cardenas, and Bass. Now with that said, the first half wasnt a bad game we threw an int at the 20 yard line right before the half. It wasnt a bad call just a bad QB decision. The second half i dont know what happened I think Vidor went to the locker room had some gatorade talked about what they were going to do after the game and that was it,no adjustments what so ever. Our corners playing 12 yards off the ball and still letting them to get behind them. We have a player that made all district DB not even playing Defense. He had over 800 yards rushing last year and he wasnt the starting rb last year. Now they have him at WR and we run 99% of the time. I dont understand. Can anyone explain this?

First thing the back you are referencing did not have 800 yards rushing last year, as a matter of fact he probably didn't have 800 all purpose yards. I'm not sure where you got your stats but they are WRONG. He is supposed to be one of the better athletes on the team, but he has yet to step up.

Vidor never did quit in this game and it was a pretty clean game on both sides. I thought the refs made some bad calls BOTH ways. I really thought Vidor had a safety on us in the first half. But, this was after we had been awarded a fumble and then had it taken away from us and I think on that play they did not even count the down. It was a very strange play in my opinion. Was it just me or should it have been 3rd down and the ball about 5 more yards forward if it wasn't truly a fumble??

From our side: the ref on your side already called it down ,  then about 4 seconds later the ref on our side (who hardly paid attention most of the night) sees the ball and rules it a fumble.  That's why it was confusing.  Yes, it should have been 3rd and 2- I believe- and they repeated the down.  It was strange!!!

CONGRATS TO NEDERLAND!!!  You executed well !!! 

We have a lot of work, but district is not the time to figure that out.  Long season for us...something we already knew from the first game!

Don't know if I congradulated the Bulldogs, but Congrads guys.  Both yall and us came away with wins, which sets up a great game at Babe.  Looks like the young gun (Bellows) is looking good out there with almost 300 yards passing.  Great to hear that.  But now, all Nederland fans, yes, you too BD, are my enemies until next week! ;D

First thing the back you are referencing did not have 800 yards rushing last year, as a matter of fact he probably didn't have 800 all purpose yards. I'm not sure where you got your stats but they are WRONG. He is supposed to be one of the better athletes on the team, but he has yet to step up.

I believe i read this info in  dave cambells magazine maybe he was wrong about his stats,but this kid is a 2yr starter on Varsity. All im saying is that i believe he should be running the ball more and he should be in the secondary for sure. He had 5 ints last year.

Don't know if I congradulated the Bulldogs, but Congrads guys.  Both yall and us came away with wins, which sets up a great game at Babe.  Looks like the young gun (Bellows) is looking good out there with almost 300 yards passing.  Great to hear that.  But now, all Nederland fans, yes, you too BD, are my enemies until next week! ;D

No prob Soulja, as long as its just for this week.  ;D

that about sums it up

we had more than 2 penalties... we had not been called for holding all year and we had 4 in this game... that is ridiculous... our offense is yet to step it up... defense is there but we cant win the game if they are on the field literally the whole game... we will find our rhythm and even tho the score doesnt suggest it it wasn't such a pounding. they were just the better team. I think that if we were to meet up in a few weeks then it would be a completely difernt ball game... we are very inexperienced but we are growing and learning... the season isn't over yet so dont count us out ;D

My thoughts:

Bellow looked alot better.  His timing was there and he made good decisions and pinpoint passes.

The running game showed up. We got it going in the second half.

Defense was pretty good.  We missed some tackles we should have made.

Negatives:

Too many silly penalties!!  A couple of personal fouls, a block in the back , and holding.

We were a little flat in the first half, too much else going on I guess.

Vidor's D is scrappy. They were on the field a long time though.

Vidor is going to have to find a passing game if they are going to compete.

the reason our D is so scrappy is because we are on the field most of the game... 9 first downs??? our D made plays but we had young guys and we got burnt a few times on some underclasmen errors... gotta hand it to nederland tho they played better than we did and were better than we expected... once the offense picks up the slack the defense is only going to improve...

Nederland wanted it more than we did last night... we didn't play with much emotion... our coaches put us in a position to make it a game or even win it but we couldn't find it inside of ourselves to pull it away... i am still burnt about that saftey though... that could have possibly been a major momentum shift and could have entirely changed the game... instead the refs had their heads up their butts and probably didnt even know what a safety was... you could even see it on the scoreboard... i was pissed...

we just have to move on to next week... we gotta try and bring lumberton back down to earth...

we had more than 2 penalties... we had not been called for holding all year and we had 4 in this game... that is ridiculous...

Vidor was flagged more than twice but Nederland declined about 4 of them since Vidor lost yardage on the play. I don't remember how many was actually walked off.

the reason our D is so scrappy is because we are on the field most of the game... 9 first downs??? our D made plays but we had young guys and we got burnt a few times on some underclasmen errors... gotta hand it to nederland tho they played better than we did and were better than we expected... once the offense picks up the slack the defense is only going to improve...

Nederland wanted it more than we did last night... we didn't play with much emotion... our coaches put us in a position to make it a game or even win it but we couldn't find it inside of ourselves to pull it away... i am still burnt about that saftey though... that could have possibly been a major momentum shift and could have entirely changed the game... instead the refs had their heads up their butts and probably didnt even know what a safety was... you could even see it on the scoreboard... i was pissed...

we just have to move on to next week... we gotta try and bring lumberton back down to earth...

If y'all do not find some semblence of a passing game then you guys will not win a game in district. The defenses in this league are too good to just lineup and run at. The defense is not strong enough to carry y'all if you don't score more than 7 points. Y'all gave up 460 yards to us and we have not been setting the world on fire offensively. I gave Vidor credit for never giving up, but until you make some plays in the vertical passing game.... it will be a TOUGH row to hoe!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124