HOW FAST IS DAYTON

Guest BIG HOUSE

Against Lumberton....

It won't be close.

Dayton's speed was really the deciding factor last year.

The receivers ran away in the other teams secondary and Dayton's QB found them for numerous TD receptions.

The only team to match up speed wise with Dayton was Central, hince the 1 point game.

This year...

I believe there is MORE overall team speed than last year.

The offensive and defensive lines don't have as much size, but they are just as quick.

If the opposition in district can't match up to the Dayton receivers in the spread look for more lopsized victories.

On top of that you must contain the QB or he will find the endzone time and time again.

I wouldn't want to be the defensive coordinator trying to figure out how to slow down the Broncos, especially if you can't match up speed wise with the receivers.

Are we talking football or track?  I may be wrong, but I can never remember Dayton just have a world class track team.  Apparently if they are that fast they have not really utilized it very well. 

I was refering to Maverick's quote about the Dayton track team not winning anything--three teams to regionals and one to state is pretty good--as for football-- at least three of the boys that ran at regional and one that ran at state do play football

fast enough when we have everybody playing to hold DPG to 15 yds in a half

Dayton you do understand that you do not get credit for beating a player, only if you win the game.  If memory serves me correctly, dayton has NEVER beaten the mustangs.  I hope we keep yall on the schedule, I enjoy beating the area 4a district champion every year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami