Baytown Goose Creek Memorial 15 Baytown Sterling 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Baytown Goose Creek Memorial 15 Baytown Sterling 14/FINAL
31 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

He looked really good tonight. Not sure why they kept rotating the QBs.

Mad I missed it, but happy for GCM. 

Him with wr’s # 8 7 2 13 on the field there is no reason we can’t score 28 points a gm game the rest of the way.  And watch the Run game open up. 

13 minutes ago, BlackShirts5 said:

Him with wr’s # 8 7 2 13 on the field there is no reason we can’t score 28 points a gm game the rest of the way.  And watch the Run game open up. 

I thought #25 ran well tonight. He fumbled after he focused too much on stiff arming everyone. After that, he ran with the ball secured in both arms.

GCM has 33 seniors on the roster. It's now or never for them to make a playoff appearance. 

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Interesting that every reason says Lee shouldn’t but yet are clearly the best football school in Baytown. This really hurts the “Latino invasion” argument. 

Is that like being the prettiest girl in an ugly girl contest?

The "Latino Invasion" as you call it has not done as much to hurt Baytown football as having three high schools has.

I kind of believe that if Drew HigH School opened back up, Crosby High School would struggle on the football field.

16 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Is that like being the prettiest girl in an ugly girl contest?

The "Latino Invasion" as you call it has not done as much to hurt Baytown football as having three high schools has.

I kind of believe that if Drew HigH School opened back up, Crosby High School would struggle on the football field.

Yes on your first question. If you opened up Drew High School again you would split the current Crosby High into a 4-D2 and a 4A-D1 that may still be able to beat all the Baytown schools. None of the people really moved out in Barrett Station, more just moved in. My Latino invasion comment was because some on this board feel that’s why certain programs may be struggling currently. 

50 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yes on your first question. If you opened up Drew High School again you would split the current Crosby High into a 4-D2 and a 4A-D1 that may still be able to beat all the Baytown schools. None of the people really moved out in Barrett Station, more just moved in. My Latino invasion comment was because some on this board feel that’s why certain programs may be struggling currently. 

Lol. If Crosby Qb still attended his original school where would Crosby be? 

Lee is the Best coached team offensively. 
GCM offense is well idk   
RSS well idk either. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

People "move in" to Barrett because they want to play for Crosby who has been a very successful program compared to the Baytown schools. It wasn't that long ago that Olin was able to recruit some pretty decent players (including a QB) from Barrett to Lee.

And yes, it seems that Crosby's current QB started his high school career at GCM. No matter what, you play with the ones that stay. Been like that since the program killing move to 6A at GCM. Those two years set them back 5 years and they are working hard to recover. The "losing" mindset is a tough one to break. It's at that point kids look for greener pastures. 

The Hispanic players at all three schools in Baytown have been valuable contributiors to the football programs. However, most of the Hispanic athletes in the district do not play football. If you watch NCAA or professional football you see that is not out of the ordinary. If look at all 3 high schools, there is plenty of football talent in Baytown.  It's just spread too thin.

Bottom line, it was a great win for GCM and a tough loss for RSS. To start a rivalry, you have to win a few. I hope this kickstarted that rivalry. Baytown needs it.