Anahuac @ Buna ( District 24-2A Showdown)

Guest A-TOWN

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading these boards for some time now but I finally felt that I needed to join so I can speak my mind.

I am so tired of listening to Buna, Hardin and Kountze fans and players talk about how good you are.  For crying out loud, you play no one in pre-season.  On top of that, Buna runs the stinking score up on every one they can.  Way to go in the Hull-Daisetta game and against Burkeville.  Really took it to them huh?  Were you hoping that on Saturday morning we would look at the score in the newspaper and think "Oh my goodness, Buna has a high powered offense"?  Really, anyone that knows anything about football and this area knows better than to think that. 

I am not going to sit here and say that Anahuac will win this game outright but I feel that they are prepared to play you.  They have faced tougher opponents leading to this game which makes them more prepared.  If they execute they way they know how they will win.  Also, they faced the same offense last week against Splendora.  By the way, Splendora runs it a heck of a lot better than you do.  And their linemen actually pancake block people, maybe the Houston Chronicle should write an article about them. 

I will be the first to tell you that Anahuac has their problems.  They have taken themselves out of every game they lost this year with fumbles or stupid mistakes.  They may do it tomorrow night - we will see.  I will predict this, Buna will turn the ball over 3+ times.  As long as Anahuac capitalizes on their mistakes, Panthers will take this one.

My prediction: Anahuac 27 Buna 13

And yes, I feel that the Panthers will hold the kittens to 13 points - Anahuac's DC knows what he is doing and he will stop them!!!

I played for Buna last year, and i can promise you that 90% of the replies and posts made about buna is not the players making them. Buna's fans truly believe that this football TEAM, is good. who cares what people say, just let them play the games so we can win district,

ps          were you refering to anahuac as kittens or buna

This is in response to BuckSweep's tirade about weak schedules.

Let's look closer at one of these schedules: Buna's

As you know these schedules were formed over two years ago.

(1) Burkeville- a 1A school, true, but a 1A school that has won a couple of state championships; never sure what you're going to face with them.

(2) HD- a 1A school that I guarantee will play with or beat any 2A school in the area with the exception of Newton, East Chambers, and yes Buna. They had a good passing attack.

(3) Tarkington- Okay, I'll give you that one

(4) Orangefield- now BUckSweep, I'm assuming that with that name you're from East Chambers or just a huge TB fan, let's look at this common opponent.

BUna 35  OF 12

EC 21      OF 14

Enough said

I keep telling you all that Buna is for real. Buna wins this one by 35 points.

Four quality 2A teams in this area that will go a long ways in the playofff.

Newton -- E. Chambers -- Buna -- Cor. Camden.

2 of the 4 teams will not make it past the first round.Newton and Corrigan-Cambden will be tough nuts to crack for EC and Buna.

CaptainAmerica, you have to admit buna's schedule is kind of week even if it was planned two years ago. The teams that Buna beat have a combined record of 2-11. With that said, the two wins that H-D have are against small christain academies, and before you say anything, yes that is the only win Anahuac has. We can debates this all day, but we will find out for sure friday night!!  ;D

i am just wondering...i read alot of threads on here and so far everytime i have seen a thread on buna there is always someone from ec on here to dog them... i looked at the scores of the orangefield game and what i have seen is that buna handled them a little better than ec did...seems kinda strange how that little detail is always overlooked in an ec post....anyway the topic is not ec against the world and buna against some small school it is buna and anahuac...we should all start a "what if ec played them" thread...

i am just wondering...i read alot of threads on here and so far everytime i have seen a thread on buna there is always someone from ec on here to dog them... i looked at the scores of the orangefield game and what i have seen is that buna handled them a little better than ec did...seems kinda strange how that little detail is always overlooked in an ec post....anyway the topic is not ec against the world and buna against some small school it is buna and anahuac...we should all start a "what if ec played them" thread...

Don't be too dependent on the score alone...The score could be deceptive.  I am not an EC fan, but I know from experience that the score never explains how the game went, except who won and lost.  Maybe EC had a monster game against  OF but things went wrong..i.e. fumbles, etc and maybe Buna got some gift scores or what...and vice versa

Point is that when comparing teams, don't use scores as a measuring stick because each team is different.  A better stick is the box score.  I will check and see about that now that I have thought of that. 

EDIT>>>I just looked at the box scores for both Buna and EC.  The OF games for both are markedly different.  EC was in charge for most of the game scorewise until 6 mins left in the 4th quarter when OF scored 2 TDs before the game ended.  This suggests to me that the scrubs were in when this happened, but the stats were very similar.  As to the Buna game, It appears that the game was in Buna's favor the entire way, but Smith scored the final TD so again this suggests the 1st string was in the whole time and the stats are really in Buna's favor.  Hmmmmm....  On face value, the box scores help give a little insight on both teams, but still not enough...I guess I would have to watch the game tapes...  :P

I guess we will have to see these two "juggernauts" go at it soon.

Heck, I might be wrong, but that is just my opinion.  LOL...

24 over par, are you saying that Buna set up parents to call games to cheat for them?

I hope not!! As for your comments on do they us them for football, the answer is NO!!!!

In the other cases that you are talking about, Buna schedules officals just like every other school and they get whom ever they send. In one case the offical never showed up, so Buna got someone out of the stands so the kids could play. An offical not showing up is not the schools fault. The other team could refuse to play, so don't say Buna did that on purpose. Officals not showing up does not just happen at Buna, it happens all the time. If you had a problem during that event, why don't you get certified as an offical so you can call games, untill then keep that statement to your self.

Thank you Bobcat....evryone does have problems like this...just last week only one offical showed up and the other was caught up in that fatal accident in Beaumont. The other team was choosing not to play whe she walked in. Just to clear things up for the others that "parent" that called a non-district game is certified and does not like to ever call a Buna game! But as soon as the officals showed up she gladly went back into the stands!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder