Houston Lamar makes short work of Memorial

KFDM COOP

Houston Lamar makes short work of Memorial

Bad for the Titans was they seldom sniffed the goal line because of four first-half turnovers in a 43-8 loss to Houston Lamar.

The Titans (1-2) open District 21-5A play next week at home against Channelview having scored as many safeties as offensive touchdowns, not a good statistic for what is supposed to be a high-scoring team.

Memorial's trouble finding the end zone includes a 1-of-6 touchdown conversion rate inside the Ozen 10 in the season opener and a fumble into the end zone from the Aldine Nimitz 1 last week.

"That was a good football team we played tonight," Memorial coach Ronnie Thompson said. "They played well and we didn't. You can fill in the blanks from there."

The Titans got their third safety this season when a bad punt snap bounced into the end zone and Anthony Cockrell pushed down the Lamar punter in the second quarter. That made the score 12-2, but two Lamar touchdowns put the margin at 24 points by halftime.

Memorial's third offensive touchdown this season came on a 16-yard pass by senior backup Alonzo Revuelta to Jalonzo Thomas with 6:13 left. Memorial picked up five of its 18 first downs on that drive, which lasted 10 plays and went 75 yards.

Lamar's Jeremy Craft rushed for 220 of Lamar's 381 rushing yards. Quarterback Alvin Johnson rushed for 88. Craft had three rushing touchdowns, and Johnson threw for one.

Memorial starter Harry Brown completed 15 of 28 passes for 149 yards and an interception. Revuelta completed seven of 14 for 83 yards and the team's only touchdown. He played the final three series.

Freddie King was Memorial's leading receiver for a second straight game. He caught six passes for 86 yards.

The Titans played without starting running back Patterson Clay and managed only 76 rushing yards. Clay was out with an ankle injury. Thompson said Clay will likely play in the district opener.

"That's when we need him, for the district season," Thompson said.

Memorial had a fumble returned 31 yards for a touchdown that gave Lamar (2-1) a 12-0 lead in the first quarter. Craft rushed for two touchdowns in the first half and the 6-foot-4 Joshua Gordon caught a touchdown pass with 4 seconds left in the half. He leaped and reached over a Memorial defender for the touchdown.

Memorial opened with a 10-play drive that included four first downs and two third-down conversions. The Titans looked to be well on the way to a touchdown before a fumble at the Lamar 20 dashed those hopes.

"That certainly didn't help us," Thompson said.

The Titans' next three drives ended with a fumble, an interception, a punt and another fumble. Memorial had no turnovers in the second half.

About the only good for Memorial was the performance by punter Omar Zepeda, who pinned Lamar inside the 5 twice, once on a bouncing 54-yarder downed at the 3 by Marqee Brisco.

I am not going to get long winded but, patitan, sfa85......what happened????? Could it be the MC schools might be better than PAM. Didn't Houston Lamar LOSE to Brenham (the team with so many weaknesses Ned beat them). Oh, I guess it was an off night for PAM and Lamar played the game of their life.

I am not going to get long winded but, patitan, sfa85......what happened????? Could it be the MC schools might be better than PAM. Didn't Houston Lamar LOSE to Brenham (the team with so many weaknesses Ned beat them). Oh, I guess it was an off night for PAM and Lamar played the game of their life.

I don't respond to internet gals pretending to be tough. 

Now, in the future, if any of you MC gals want to discuss football like men, then I'm open to it.  Telling me to shut up, or telling anyone to shut up on the net wreeks(sp) of femanine ways.....

wow!!! gettin alil short with the nerves there  huh sfa?? hmmm so tell me how many rushing and passing yards allowed??? lmao maybe you can say your team is soft in fact real soft and you too wont be lmao and rof for making comments about mc teams lmao pa school is soft !!! but if you could tell me yards allowed please

wow!!! gettin alil short with the nerves there  huh sfa?? hmmm so tell me how many rushing and passing yards allowed??? lmao maybe you can say your team is soft in fact real soft and you too wont be lmao and rof for making comments about mc teams lmao pa school is soft !!! but if you could tell me yards allowed please

I've always said PAM was soft on defense.  Kinda saw some improvement until last night.  But I can say they haven't as soft agaist the run like Nederland.  You may not like it but the numbers speak for themselves.....

;D

don't even try it. ever heard of a team having a bad week???(not talking about PAM,talking about brenham and lamar) if lc-m played wos again i don't think it would be close(no offense to lc-m). Lamar is atop 5a team in houston-always. i picked us to lose. PAM just didn't show up. plain and simple. they played with no heart. ya see we or atleast myself never brag or try to say we are state championship material,like mc try and say they are. however,PAM is still good enough to beat nederland. by the way,how come nederland or pn-g don't play a team like lamar??? yeah...just as i thought. i was at the game and we just stunk it up with the turnovers. despite the score being 12-2 at one point,they  were doing good. oh well going to see my state champ coogs  tonight...3 min. from the house.oh the same team that beat up on mc.

I guess if you have more than one TEAM, surely one of them is going to win. I don't think anyone from MC said that Nederland or PNG was going to win state. Your argument on this one is silly. Lamar is usually a good team, but when was the last time they won state or came close to winning it. They are an average 5-A school in a sub par district that just whipped the snot out of your Titans. Oh yeah, I forgot you ALSO root for LaMarque, the team that you told us wasn't the LaMarque of past. Whatever, make your mind up, and by the way  we had a goose egg against them, but it was far from getting beat up. NOW, PAM got beat up by Lamar HS ;D

I guess if you have more than one TEAM, surely one of them is going to win. I don't think anyone from MC said that Nederland or PNG was going to win state. Your argument on this one is silly. Lamar is usually a good team, but when was the last time they won state or came close to winning it. They are an average 5-A school in a sub par district that just whipped the snot out of your Titans. Oh yeah, I forgot you ALSO root for LaMarque, the team that you told us wasn't the LaMarque of past. Whatever, make your mind up, and by the way  we had a goose egg against them, but it was far from getting beat up. NOW, PAM got beat up by Lamar HS ;D

Ouch, I can't add anything to that.

don't even try it. ever heard of a team having a bad week???(not talking about PAM,talking about brenham and lamar) if lc-m played wos again i don't think it would be close(no offense to lc-m). Lamar is atop 5a team in houston-always. i picked us to lose. PAM just didn't show up. plain and simple. they played with no heart. ya see we or atleast myself never brag or try to say we are state championship material,like mc try and say they are. however,PAM is still good enough to beat nederland. by the way,how come nederland or pn-g don't play a team like lamar??? yeah...just as i thought. i was at the game and we just stunk it up with the turnovers. despite the score being 12-2 at one point,they  were doing good. oh well going to see my state champ coogs  tonight...3 min. from the house.oh the same team that beat up on mc.

Umm, maybe we don't play them because we don't worry about a different classification, unlike you.  Oh, yeah, 8 points is a beating, unlike a 30 + point beating.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami