Alto 74 Burkeville 0 Final

KFDM COOP

Alto seems to always put together a top rate football team. We played them back in 86 in bi-district, they were big and fast then, and ranked #1 in state 2a. We played them to a 0-0 tie until 2:42 left in the fourth, when they kicked a 42 yard field goal to beat us 3-0. Does anyone know how many state championships they have.

Alto is a beast. They would be competitive at a most levels. I'm thinking a playoff contender through 4-A at least.

Seriously, don't knock it until you have seen these guys. They look like a big school with a stud at every position. 6'+ receivers at nearly every spot. 4.4 guys all over the place. 400 to 500lb squatters on the line. Spooky for 1-A teams. Pray for the division or playoffs they aren't in.

Guest ECBucFan

Yeah, people who don't believe Alto can hang with 4A and 5A just don't know/understand... EC knows. We have dealt with Alto for years when they were in 2a. That 74-0 could have been 174-0 if they wanted. I am not kidding. 

Alto is scary good.  I remember some really good games between them and Groveton back in the 80's.

Alto had one of the fastest humans I've ever seen in person.  His name was Steve Loften.  They dropped the baton on the last exchange in the state meet (4x100) and he stopped, picked it up, and still won state for Alto that year.  Amazing how many good athletes they have...

If you go to their website and look at some of the pictures from their 2nd game of the year. Man these guys were tiny compared to some of the kids are the other team. It looked like some of them were in 7th or 8th grade. And bascially Alto put them on their butt. They look pretty impressive to me.

Alright now look dont take this wrong WOS fans.

I dont think this years team is as good as past year teams IMO. But if they were I would like to see an ALTO vs. WOS game. Hell this BH boy might come to your house and watch it.

I think it would be a good game. I dont think it would be a blow out but a real good game to were both sides are loaded with talent and speed.

Guest Yard Bird

does anyone know has alto given up a point this year i know last year they gave up like 49 total

Alto scored 744 points last year and only gave up 58 points all year.  (16 games) :o

I believe 0 points in 2007 to date.  I think

Alto's team is not big at all.  We have one DT who is about 270 to stuff the middle ( he is a monster btw ) then the rest of our team might have 1-2 players over 200lbs. ( not by much ).  Our OL probably avgs. 190 lbs.  Alto uses great quickness, speed, and strentgh and excellent TEAM speed on defense.  The sack and interception totals for the D' through 3 games is VERY high.

We run the spread on O' and run it pretty well for a 1a squad.  Our RB's are tiny, but they are electrifying!!!  Alto played SA and they looked like monsters across the line and Alto pretty muched did what they wanted to with them in winning 29-0 ( SA just lost 7-6 to a pretty good 2a team in Jefferson ).

Another thing that makes Alto so successful is they have a great coaching staff and go through a hellacious conditioning program during offseason and in practice.  I have seen many games last year and this year when other teams would be getting tired around 2nd, 3rd quarter and Alto would just be getting started.

We play Hemphill this week and that will probably be our toughest test yet, maybe not as talented as SA, but probably will be better all around.

Alto is scary good.  I remember some really good games between them and Groveton back in the 80's.

Alto had one of the fastest humans I've ever seen in person.  His name was Steve Loften.  They dropped the baton on the last exchange in the state meet (4x100) and he stopped, picked it up, and still won state for Alto that year.  Amazing how many good athletes they have...

I played in the same district with Alto and Groveton back in the mid-late 80's and Loftin was a HOSS, he still holds the 200 meter record at the region 3 meet.  I also ran track against him from the 7th grade until graduation and he could fly, never did beat him by the way.  He was a good guy and a team player.  Last I saw of him he was returning kicks for the Cardinals.  Brings back good memories......

This is the team I played against in 86, And Steve Lofton was their running back. He was extremely fast, but we had one faster. Kenneth Bean from Deweyville ran him down from behind when he broke one up the middle. And I do mean from behind, no angle.

This is the team I played against in 86, And Steve Lofton was their running back. He was extremely fast, but we had one faster. Kenneth Bean from Deweyville ran him down from behind when he broke one up the middle. And I do mean from behind, no angle.

I remember playing against Bean from that year, yall got Alto and we had New Waverly in rd.1 NW had a stud named Garry Perry that year

WOS would squash ALTO like the 1A bug they are!

PROJECT A MATCHUP

at Alto (TX)

[2007] West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) 22, [2007] Alto (TX) 21

at West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX)

[2007] West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) 24, [2007] Alto (TX) 20

at neutral site

[2007] West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) 22, [2007] Alto (TX) 20

Alto's team is not big at all.  We have one DT who is about 270 to stuff the middle ( he is a monster btw ) then the rest of our team might have 1-2 players over 200lbs. ( not by much ).  Our OL probably avgs. 190 lbs.  Alto uses great quickness, speed, and strentgh and excellent TEAM speed on defense.  The sack and interception totals for the D' through 3 games is VERY high.

We run the spread on O' and run it pretty well for a 1a squad.  Our RB's are tiny, but they are electrifying!!!  Alto played SA and they looked like monsters across the line and Alto pretty muched did what they wanted to with them in winning 29-0 ( SA just lost 7-6 to a pretty good 2a team in Jefferson ).

Another thing that makes Alto so successful is they have a great coaching staff and go through a hellacious conditioning program during offseason and in practice.  I have seen many games last year and this year when other teams would be getting tired around 2nd, 3rd quarter and Alto would just be getting started.

We play Hemphill this week and that will probably be our toughest test yet, maybe not as talented as SA, but probably will be better all around.

Alto reminds me of WOS, they don't rebuild they just reload.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami