Hull Daisetta @ Buna Predictions

Guest Tha Unit

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not going to leave them out they schedule weak teams also even if they are 3A.

Is Jasper also a weak 3A? Hamshire was in the top 15 in the area wide 3A rankings before the EC game. Seems like when a smaller school beats a bigger school, the bigger school becomes weak, instead of the smaller school having the remote chance of being strong.  :-\

Really? ...I see Buna winning pretty decisively. I guess that's why they play the games, right? :D

HS football isn't just about playing tough teams in a schedule. Its about rivalries and tradition. At WH, I can't stand it when we don't play HD or Hardin. These are just two games that makes the year for us. Its not always a close match-up if a team is really strong or one is really weak, but it is part of our tradition, regardless of enrollment numbers.

Is Jasper also a weak 3A? Hamshire was in the top 15 in the area wide 3A rankings before the EC game. Seems like when a smaller school beats a bigger school, the bigger school becomes weak, instead of the smaller school having the remote chance of being strong.  :-\

If Jasper should find themselves in trouble this year, they have a good one (coach) on staff as a classroom teacher. If I'm not mistaken, Coach Harper left Burkeville to teach at Jasper; it may be that he's left the field for good; if so, that's football's loss.

Guest EagleFan01

NO JASPER IS NOT A WEAK TEAM BY ANY MEANS, AND HAMPSHIRE WAS 15 IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS THAT IS NOT SAYING MUCH AT ALL. THOSE ARE WEAK TEAMS THAT THE TOP 24 2A TEAMS HAVE ON THERE SCHEDULE AND IT IS JUST AMAZING HOW PEOPLE SAY THERE TEAMS ARE SO GOOD THIS YEAR, BUT YOU LOOK AT THERE SCHEDULE AND THERE PLAYING 1A SCHOOLS WEAKER 2A SCHOOLS AND WELL BELOW AVERAGE 3A TEAMS, IF THEY WANT TO GET RESPECT THEY NEED TO BEAT SOME GOOD SCHOOLS.

I dont' know if the Bobcats can pull this one out, but they should be even better then they've been in the first three weeks of the season. From what I understand, this week they will have alot of new players then havent' played thus far in the season. Tyree Patterson who was their leading rusher last year (5'11 210lb) will be back and starting in the backfield. A transfer from Liberty should make his debut this week as well and he's a 4.4 forty kid. (I've heard people question his toughness but he'll instantly become another speed threat for a very fast Bobcat squad). Two new offensive lineman who've been waitin to get cleared to play will also be playing this week.

Just a little update for you guys. If HD can somehow draw some stalemate's on the OL/DL with Buna they can win this game. Buna is much more physical then HD and they will have to figure out how to get their athletes in space to make some big plays.

UPSET OF THE WEEK:

Hull-Daisetta - 28

Buna - 24

* If my pick was unbiased it'd probably be Buna by 14, but I'm going with the Cats in a big upset*

NO JASPER IS NOT A WEAK TEAM BY ANY MEANS, AND HAMPSHIRE WAS 15 IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS THAT IS NOT SAYING MUCH AT ALL. THOSE ARE WEAK TEAMS THAT THE TOP 24 2A TEAMS HAVE ON THERE SCHEDULE AND IT IS JUST AMAZING HOW PEOPLE SAY THERE TEAMS ARE SO GOOD THIS YEAR, BUT YOU LOOK AT THERE SCHEDULE AND THERE PLAYING 1A SCHOOLS WEAKER 2A SCHOOLS AND WELL BELOW AVERAGE 3A TEAMS, IF THEY WANT TO GET RESPECT THEY NEED TO BEAT SOME GOOD SCHOOLS.

Eaglefan 24-AA Teams and fans don't need nor want your respect, all I read on hear from you is negative things about this District, so I don't care one way or the other if you respect 24-AA Teams or not.

Coogs going all the way to the house and beating Hull Daisetta this weekend I can't wait to see what the final score is going to be after this game takes place and it might be a close game.

Everyone says that Buna has been playing a weak schedule.  That may be true but let me point out that this schedule was made two seasons ago.  The games are the same but the sights are opposite.  The year that this schedule was made Buna was coming off an 0-9 season.  They were also dropping down into 2A.  Can you blame them for having a weak season.  I don't think anybody knew where they sould stand in 2A.  I mean after going 0-9 any of these pre-district games could seem reasonable.  Now that they have had an 8-3 playoff year and now started 3-0 I guess we will see what their schedule looks like next year.

Buna by 42.

Wake up people. Buna is the real thing. A program that has been building the last few years and has earned respect. We scrimmaged them and they are a good solid football team. This one will be a cake walk for Buna.

Can't wait until they play E.Chambers. Two good teams going at it. Should be a good one.

Guest bleed orange

Everyone says that Buna has been playing a weak schedule.  That may be true but let me point out that this schedule was made two seasons ago.  The games are the same but the sights are opposite.  The year that this schedule was made Buna was coming off an 0-9 season.  They were also dropping down into 2A.  Can you blame them for having a weak season.  I don't think anybody knew where they sould stand in 2A.  I mean after going 0-9 any of these pre-district games could seem reasonable.  Now that they have had an 8-3 playoff year and now started 3-0 I guess we will see what their schedule looks like next year.

Buna by 42.

Good point. Buna is a good football team. They beat the snot out of us which is not saying much. I don't mean that in a bad way. Its just means Buna was the better team when we played. I am happy for Buna. They moved down to 2A and now they are competitive. We need to move down also. But hey at least our girls are competitive.

I say Buna by a bunch. They are a well oiled machine righ now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder