**Bay City 15 WO-S 12 FINAL/COMMENTS**

KFDM COOP

aggierwe, we do appreciate your input on this board, even if nobody is listening to you.  There is no doubt that something is definately going on with this oc and him still having employment at wos.  The wos players and the rest of the staff have had to overcome him for going on 9 years.  You do speak the truth about one thing aggiesrwe, and that is Coach Hooks definately needs to step in and do something.  Unless Coach Hooks is satisfied with ending his career with two rings then he will make a change, because the current oc couldn't win a ring if you spotted him 21 points in the state championship game.  We are averaging a whopping 13 points per game.  If it wasn't for an unbelievable effort from the kids, and a great job of coaching from Coach T, then we would be 0-3.  Stop CHEATING the kids, and make a change.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately agree 85, I know first hand of at least three coaches ran out of wos in the last decade, and one of them was a coordinator.  I was not at the bay city game, but im sure that the playcalling has not changed since i last saw the stangs.  Dan needs to step up to the plate and get rid of his boy!!!!!

Some of you guys mentioned that some of the responsibility lies with the head coach.  You are wrong on this.  All of the responsibilty lies with the head coach.

EVERY PLAY called has been given the stamp of approval by the AD in one way or another.  If the AD stands 20 yards away from the playcaller, he has given his stamp of approval for what ever play is called.  If the AD stands in the hip pocket of the play caller, monitors the call, and abstains from changing it, he has given his stamp of approval.  If he calls the play himself, he has given his stamp of approval on the play that is being called.

Any way you look at it the AD is the play caller period.

Don't stand 20 yards away and then after the loss say that we got beat because of poor play calling.

I would also like to add that that if were to bring back another coach to call the plays, you same people would be back stabbing him after every loss.

There is very little loyalty left in this world today. Especially after a loss.

ms

Some of you guys mentioned that some of the responsibility lies with the head coach.  You are wrong on this.  All of the responsibilty lies with the head coach.

EVERY PLAY called has been given the stamp of approval by the AD in one way or another.  If the AD stands 20 yards away from the playcaller, he has given his stamp of approval for what ever play is called.  If the AD stands in the hip pocket of the play caller, monitors the call, and abstains from changing it, he has given his stamp of approval.  If he calls the play himself, he has given his stamp of approval on the play that is being called.

Don't stand 20 yards away and then after the loss say that we got beat because of poor play calling.

I would also like to add that that if were to bring back another coach to call the plays, you same people would be back stabbing him after every loss.

ms

Well said, mustangsally, very well said.

ms

It comes down to this.  Hooks is the HC/AD.  That makes him the OC's direct supervisor/boss/however you want to put it.  If the OC is not doing his job the buck stops at Hooks.  On the other hand, I don't know how WO's district is setup, but at Ned the Supervisor/Boss/AD  cannot actually fire someone. They can only make a recommendation to the school board to terminate or reassign the person.  This applies to teachers, principals and everyone else.

You people have to be kidding me.  WOS wins, you complain. WOS loses, you complain.  The crazy things is that I have watched WOS for years and they have had plenty of playmakers.  I just saw them for the first time over the last two weeks.  Where is the "superstar" Division 1 talent on this team?  In the past they have been loaded.  In my humble opinion, they just played 3 formidable 4A teams and came out 2-1.  I saw at least four plays that would have sealed the game forWOS on Saturday night.  I guess the OC told the QB to throw an interception.  I guess the OC taught the center to snap the ball high.  WOS has made many bigs runs with good talent.  It is a great thing that these boys and coaches have done to come out of those 3 games with a 2-1 record.  If I am correct, There are numbers of sophmores and juniors on the field for them now.  So are you saying, is WOS wins this district that the OC is terrible.  The object is to win by one point, I think.  I would never take on the responsibility of putting my livelihood in the hands of teenagers.  I commend the OC, whoever he is.  I saw the progression in the team in the last two games :o.  That is all that we are supposed to be looking for in preseason games.  Any takers on the OC job, Quit your job, go to Coach Hooks and talk to him.  Remember you have to be able to teach a class along with coach.  Maybe he will hire you.  HINDSIGHT IS 20/20!!!!!!!!!!!  Quit second guessing the man and support him. I heard someone talking about how this man caused WOS the Giddings game last year because of a call he made in the last minute.  It is amazing how they got down to the goalline somehow,  noone would have said a word if the play would have scored.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Grow up all of you negative people.  If you were really caring, you would talk to him and not about him.  

Coach Hooks has been doing this a long time.  I wonder if he has ever seen a game that had no mistakes in it.  They are kids.  The coaches are adults.  They all and we all make mistakes.  I wish some of these 1977-2007 grads from orange that know some much about strategies of football would go help one of the winningest programs in the State of Texas get better.  I only know a little about the game (strategies)  I just know that it looks like a chess match.  It is a game. Let the kids play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit trying to live your miserable high school career through these kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You people have to be kidding me.  WOS wims, you complain. WOS loses, you complain.  The crazy things is that I have watched WOS for years and they have had plenty of playmakers.  I just saw them for the first time over the last two weeks.  Where is the "superstar" Division 1 talent on this team?  In the past they have been loaded.  In my humble opinion, they just played 3 formidable 4A teams and came out 2-1.  I saw at least four plays that would have sealed the game forWOS on Saturday night.  I guess the OC told the QB to throw an interception.  I guess the OC taught the center to snap the ball high.  WOS has made many bigs runs with good talent.  It is a great thing that these boys and coaches have done to come out of those 3 games with a 2-1 record.  If I am correct, There are numbers of sophmores and juniors on the field for them now.  So are you saying, is WOS wins this district that the OC is terrible.  The object is to win by one point, I think.  I would never take on the responsibility of putting my livelihood in the hands of teenagers.  I commend the OC, whoever he is.  I saw the progression in the team in the last two games :o.  That is all that we are supposed to be looking for in preseason games.  Any takers on the OC job, Quit your job, go to Coach Hooks and talk to him.  Remember you have to be able to teach a class along with coach.  Maybe he will hire you.  HINDSIGHT IS 20/20!!!!!!!!!!!  Quit secondguessing the man and support him. I heard someone talking about how this man caused WOS the Giddings game last year because of a call he made in the last minute.  It is amazing how they got down to the goalline somehow,  noone would have said a word if the play would have scored.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Grow up all of you negative people.  If you were really caring, you would talk to him and not about him.  

WOW!!! :o      the best post so far!

You people have to be kidding me.  WOS wins, you complain. WOS loses, you complain.  The crazy things is that I have watched WOS for years and they have had plenty of playmakers.  I just saw them for the first time over the last two weeks.  Where is the "superstar" Division 1 talent on this team?  In the past they have been loaded.  In my humble opinion, they just played 3 formidable 4A teams and came out 2-1.  I saw at least four plays that would have sealed the game forWOS on Saturday night.  I guess the OC told the QB to throw an interception.  I guess the OC taught the center to snap the ball high.  WOS has made many bigs runs with good talent.  It is a great thing that these boys and coaches have done to come out of those 3 games with a 2-1 record.  If I am correct, There are numbers of sophmores and juniors on the field for them now.  So are you saying, is WOS wins this district that the OC is terrible.  The object is to win by one point, I think.  I would never take on the responsibility of putting my livelihood in the hands of teenagers.  I commend the OC, whoever he is.  I saw the progression in the team in the last two games :o.  That is all that we are supposed to be looking for in preseason games.  Any takers on the OC job, Quit your job, go to Coach Hooks and talk to him.  Remember you have to be able to teach a class along with coach.  Maybe he will hire you.  HINDSIGHT IS 20/20!!!!!!!!!!!  Quit second guessing the man and support him. I heard someone talking about how this man caused WOS the Giddings game last year because of a call he made in the last minute.  It is amazing how they got down to the goalline somehow,  noone would have said a word if the play would have scored.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Grow up all of you negative people.  If you were really caring, you would talk to him and not about him.  

Coach Hooks has been doing this a long time.  I wonder if he has ever seen a game that had no mistakes in it.  They are kids.  The coaches are adults.  They all and we all make mistakes.  I wish some of these 1977-2007 grads from orange that know some much about strategies of football would go help one of the winningest programs in the State of Texas get better.  I only know a little about the game (strategies)  I just know that it looks like a chess match.  It is a game. Let the kids play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit trying to live your miserable high school career through these kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, all I wanted to do is to help the team get a kicker. I guess I am re-living my "miserable" HS career by wanting to voluntarily help in that area. Just an ex-player wanting to help, thats all.

I hear ya kicker. I think most, if not all, of these hostilities are about the OC situation.

Trust me, there are a lot of teams that have kicking game problems, not just WOS. It seems to be a lost art.

Well, call me biased, but I believe that is one of the most important points of the game.

Well, call me biased, but I believe that is one of the most important points of the game.

You are so correct. Judging by what I have watched in just the first 2 weeks of the NFL season, there has been many a game won by a kick already this season.

Another example is the Texans punting. Turk has really kept the opposing offenses pinned back. Allows for Houston's defense to be more creative.

I am only referring to the people that are calling for this coaches job.

You should call any play and if it is executed by all of the players on the field, it should work.  If it does not work, then it comes down to who has the best players.  Maybe WOS just is not as good as the '86 and '87 teams.  Maybe the gap has closed.  2000 was the last state finalist team.  There is a reason, and i am wanting to say that it could not be just one person.  I saw Liberty Hill play last year.  Steve Spurrier could have been calling plays and WOS had no shot to win a state championship.  Let those kids play hard, and not quit.  That will take them a long way in life.  Life is what they need to be ready for.

Apparently 071904 you are not educated on the 2006 wos football team.  We had three college football players on offense alone.  Two of those players are in the big twelve, and that is not counting the ones that will go on to play college ball from this years team.  So don't give me that Liberty Hill was so much better than us crap.  Dayton thought the same thing the last two years, as did Palestine in 05, as did Aldine MacArther in 85 and 86, as does Jasper most years, along with many other teams.  Unfortunately, we will never get a chance to show you that, because we refuse to get underneath the qb and run the sneak like they do in little and the nfl.  I guess you are correct, the wos fans should just accept a first or second round loss every year, or maybe no playoffs all together.  At least nobody is saying anything mean about the oc, that's the important thing.  I would hate for anybody to be held accountable for doing there job.  Maybe the kids coming up in the seventh and eighth grades will have a chance to win a ring, because maybe by that time a change will have been made.  OK 071904, you win I will stop being mean to your oc, but don't come back on here with we don't have enough talent to beat liberty hill.  That's a terrible attempt to try to shed light on terrible playcalling, and I don't think any real mustang fan will buy that.

I will admit that I only saw WOS play a few times last year.  I did notice in those few games that the ball was being given to those D-1 players.  It was given to them about 90% of the time.  That is the way that you play the game.  Give the ball to your ballers.  My statement is now, who are the ballers on this team?  Name the D-1 one talent on this team that can take the ball and go score at any moment in time.  The only deal right now, from my perspective is that WOS is having to drive the ball a long way.  The youth might be playing an affect in the consistency.  Last year, Earl or Franks could eat up 70 yards in one exciting play.  Who is that guy for them this year? In the two games that I ahve seen, WOS has driven the ball consistently and something freak happens.  Fumble, penalty, interception.  Being consistent for an extended period of time is the key.  If they had that superstar like the past that could change the scoreboard just by looking at it, maybe things could be different for them.  I do notice on the roster though that there seems to be a number of little brothers on this roster.  It takes skill and luck to win it all.  This team will be good, I think.  Hopefully for the negative people sake, This district will be easier than the 4A teams that they have played. 

Ummm...Depauldrick Garrett touched the ball 184 times last year for about 1,500 yards. That's a grand total of 15 more touches than Earl and Jacoby (our two 06 D1s) COMBINED. He had about 300 more total yards than Earl and 600 more than Jacoby. He's still on the team. This 90 percent crap is obviously off the top of your head. DPG is still on the team. There's your answer.

Against LC-M, the Bears couldn't stop the Power I. DPG and his brother Quinny were running it down their throats at 6 to 8 yards a pop. Halfway through the drive, we switch back to the spread. Is that not the call of the OC?

I've been to pretty much every WO-S game since the start of the 85 season. I've seen the problems with playcalling. You caught "a few games" last year? Congrats. Did you see the one where we had first and goal at the two and threw a pass twice and some gadget play before finally trying a QB sneak (with a 6'5 QB) FROM THE SHOTGUN ON FOURTH DOWN? Please.

Our OC is a nice guy. It just so happens that our playoff streak ended the year he was hired - and we missed four years of the playoffs since. That's after only missing once since 1985, and that was because of a DQ, not losses. Had it not been for the DQ, our streak would have been 14 straight seasons. That was the same year (99) that our offensive production petered out and we had to fight and scratch with pure athletic ability for every point - many coming from the defense.

Ummm...Depauldrick Garrett touched the ball 184 times last year for about 1,500 yards. That's a grand total of 15 more touches than Earl and Jacoby (our two 06 D1s) COMBINED. He had about 300 more total yards than Earl and 600 more than Jacoby. He's still on the team. This 90 percent crap is obviously off the top of your head. DPG is still on the team. There's your answer.

Against LC-M, the Bears couldn't stop the Power I. DPG and his brother Quinny were running it down their throats at 6 to 8 yards a pop. Halfway through the drive, we switch back to the spread. Is that not the call of the OC?

I've been to pretty much every WO-S game since the start of the 85 season. I've seen the problems with playcalling. You caught "a few games" last year? Congrats. Did you see the one where we had first and goal at the two and threw a pass twice and some gadget play before finally trying a QB sneak (with a 6'5 QB) FROM THE SHOTGUN ON FOURTH DOWN? Please.

Our OC is a nice guy. It just so happens that our playoff streak ended the year he was hired - and we missed four years of the playoffs since. That's after only missing once since 1985, and that was because of a DQ, not losses. Had it not been for the DQ, our streak would have been 14 straight seasons. That was the same year (99) that our offensive production petered out and we had to fight and scratch with pure athletic ability for every point - many coming from the defense.

wow t youre the man!!! in the 6th grade you were understanding the offensive schemes and what the oc was doing right and wrong?????  i think we might have found our new oc!!!! :D  j/k

i am going to give bay city a lot of credit on this one going into the games saturday night thay were 0-2 team . as most of us know that saw the game that thay should have been 2-0 very  very easy and we as fans know that. yep i agree  wo-s should have won  this one  by at least two TDs but bay city played super defence when thay had to  give the bay city city boys and their coaching staff credit.i am (NOT) going to point my finger at any coach at wo-s never have never will.i am not trying to start  no crap on this one but LOOK back guys and gals the mustangs run these same plays every game thay play sometimes it works and sometimes it does not,  but we win and no one says anything.ok now we lost lets put it all behind us and hope coach hooks can find away to patch up the problem. PS my hats off to a very good bay city football team i wish them the best in games to come

Yes number 24 touched it a million times last year.  who would stack the box on a running back when you have 2 Big 12 recruits at receiver.  My grandmother could run the ball against 5 defensive players in the box.  Now the box is loaded with defenders and we are having to rely on a sub par group of receivers.  Who is the superstar receiver this year???????????  when Nebraska won a national championship, didn't they run an offensive scheme; the option?  Southlake runs the spread?  Do you think they are calling for their coaches job since they lost last weekend?  It happens, they are kids.  go talk to him and check his knowledge.  I can see that they need a superstar on this team.  The one star that is left is not as good without the 2 bigtime playmakers.  No offense to number 24.  He looks like a good player.  He just needs a supporting cast.  Do not give me the crap about the QB.  He is a junior with young kids around him.  Did he play on varsity last year?  If not, you are telling me that a kid that has never taken snaps on Friday can lead WOS to the promise land.  Name one that has done it?  Let me guess  you will say tremaine Lewis,  wrong answer; he had STARS around him with one of the best defenses in Texas High School History.

I have yet to see a coach score any points.  It seems to always be the players that score.  What do you do for a living, WOS 92?  How often are you at their practices?  You must be there all of the time to be able to evaluate talent like you can.  or are you one of those guys that can sit in the stands and say what you would have done after you see something did not work?  AAWWWWWWWWW  you might be one of the little league coaches.  that is special.  I hear they are doing really good.  Maybe Coach Hooks will come to your games and see your plan and hire you on the spot.  I actually saw the little league play, and they seem to be using the same scheme as the Varsity.  so once again, is it coaches or players???

Yes number 24 touched it a million times last year.  who would stack the box on a running back when you have 2 Big 12 recruits at receiver.  My grandmother could run the ball against 5 defensive players in the box.  Now the box is loaded with defenders and we are having to rely on a sub par group of receivers.

More like the receivers are relying on the ball getting to them, imo

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83