Hardin-Jefferson 35 Bridge City 34/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

• WOSgrad changed the title to Hardin-Jefferson 35 Bridge City 34/FINAL

We got to see a little bit of Milton's Magic on display tonight in this revenge game. Dubois called some great plays towards the end of the game to give HJ a chance to win, especially that reverse play to #28. The QBs for both teams were obviously the best two players on the field tonight. Porter is an absolute monster and HJ wouldn't be near the team they are without him. The kid is a straight up play-maker and they need to try to figure out ways to get him more opportunities to get in the open field. He's best player to come through HJ in quite some time. HJ has to figure out a way to put together 4 solid quarters of football. Terrible first half this week and terrible second half last week. If they can figure out how to put a full game together they could be a tough team to beat. HJ's special teams needs some work. BC had a lot of positives as well. #22 is a workhorse and had to have at least 20 carries tonight. BC kicker is money inside 30 yards. Their QB can sling it and run. All around good game to watch as a spectator. Both teams made mistakes and both teams made spectacular plays. This was one of the best high school games I've seen in a while. Congrats to HJ and Dubois on this huge win. I know it has to feel good for those guys to get this one. 

31 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

If you need an explanation, you haven’t been paying attention. 

I’m just goofing with you. But on a serious note, HJ has done a lot of work to their baseball field. New lights, new fence, and new batting cages. Heard they were working on getting a new scoreboard as well. Trotter is doing good things for that program. 

1 hour ago, BlueOwl said:

I’m just goofing with you. But on a serious note, HJ has done a lot of work to their baseball field. New lights, new fence, and new batting cages. Heard they were working on getting a new scoreboard as well. Trotter is doing good things for that program. 

I wasn’t poking fun at y’all’s program. I’ve been pretty vocal about BC driving Dubois back to HJ. 

“We” want to be a baseball school.