**Crosby 7 PN-G 0 Final/Comments**

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PNG's ball on Crosby 40 yard line.

1st down and 10. Run gain of 4

2nd down and 6 from 36 yard line. Hemmings run to 29 and first down.

1st down. Run by Tatum. Loose 2

2nd and 12. Tezeno runs to 31.

3rd and about 2. Tezeno runs down to the 9 yard line.

1st. down. Run to the 6 by Hemmings.

2nd and goal. Run. Loose 2.

3rd and goal from the 8. Hemmings get to the 4

4th and goal from the 4. Run to the 2. Ball goes over on downs.

Two staright game with no points. It's going to be a loooooooong year. I was at the game until 4th quaretr and my kids started whinning. PNG offense looked horrible. We can't pass, run, or score points. I'm tasting the crow right now about Crosby. Pretty good team, even though they looked sloppy at times. The QB and RB is good for Crosby. PNG defense played good again this week, but if they don't intecept the ball and score, we might have a goose egg again.  A couple of other points real quick. PNG had the ball on the 14 yard line in first half and goes for it instead of kicking a field goal. The same thing in the fourth quarter. First half, PNG had the ball and it was third and ten, what do we do RUN the ball, and not for a first down. The offense looks clueless on the field. Hopefully they get it together next week.

We are paying dearly for too many kids playing both ways.  They are exhausted by halftime.  They can't make it thru the game.  We are in the stands hearing the same comments from parents whose kids do play both ways.  They really seem to resent it.  These boys are playing with strains and other injuries without getting any relief.  This is preseason so what happens when we get to district play?  for example our backup QB is a starting defensive player.  This is nuts.  Our boys deserve so much more. >:(

More than half of our kids do it year-in and year-out. Conditioning is the problem. We have 22 total kids suited out, and most are (as usual) two-way starters. Still, we've been undefeated against 22-4A teams since dropping to 3A - including wins over every district champ of that district since we left. I realize that PN-G players aren't used to playing both ways, but too many schools do it for it to be a real excuse.

I'm rooting for the Indians.

WOS92, you are right about the conditioning.  That has been a major complaint for the last 3 seasons.  Bmt Ent ran an article this week that quotes Burnett with the following....

"We've juiced up the junior varsity and turned them loose," explained Burnett. "We've told them to go full speed and to hit us (the varsity) hard in the practices. We're going live in our scrimmages, and we're doing more scrimmaging this week. We want to make everything as game-like as possible."

Many of the boys talk about never having full contact drills at practices.  It sure seems to show in a game. And if all you do is practice against your JV (at less than full contact), well.........

We can't blame the players for this, it lies elsewhere.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.

It seems like every time Crosby busted a 25 yard run there was a holding call.  There had to be close to 20 penalties called against Crosby, but it is the Reservation. Although the officiating was horrible, Crosby still doubled PN-G in offense.  The Cougar running game was getting 6-7 yards a play.  PN-G is a very solid team.  They will make some noise before the year is out. This could be Crosby's year to win district and make a deep playoff run. They have a talented offense with lots of playmakers and a rock solid defense.  The d-line pressured the Tatum kid most of the night.  He was sacked at least twice and hurried almost every pass play.  I think PN-G just needs to decide what kind of offense they are going to run and stick with it.  I wonder how long it has been since they have been shut out in consecutive weeks?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83