**Lumberton 41 New Caney 6 Final**

Congrats to Lumberton (I'm just having a little crow for breakfast over here in NC)- I had heard they were much improved - but I really didn't expect that kind of blow out.  Lumberton offense moved the ball well but in I think the big credit goes to the defense that completely shut down NC's O, usually 3 and out.  Lumberton is much bigger and quicker than they were last year and played smart football.  Hats off to the Lumberton coach for playing classy football - the score could have been worse.  I think the Raiders are gonna make some noise this year and surprise alot of folks - good luck to you this year.

Guest raiderlane

without any wild predictions about this season or what they will or won't do, the guys just want to win football games, just plain and simple. I saw the game last night, and you could tell they were responding to what their coaches want them to do. great job to the players and coaches.

The defense was OUTSTANDING! 

Gave up 5 first downs and 71 total yards (35 passing and 36 rushing) all of which came late in the 4th quarter.  At the end of 3 quarters i think NC had negative yards total offense.

Coach C showed class by going to the ground game early in the 3rd quarter.

Offense was sharp as well! 

We only through the ball 8 times and ended up with 445 total offensive yards (136 pass and 309 rush). 

Great start!  Congrats Raiders!

Guest ltownbaseball9

its one game, New Caney isn't even good Lumberton Beat them last year. Remember Lumberton was 3-0 last year and looked what happen to them the rest of the year. They have BC and i think cleveland so those are very easy wins for them and then come district time they play Dayton these games won't prepare them for dayon so Lumberton FANS CALM DOWN ITS ONE GAME.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Why you getting all grumpy......you just know its the truth, so don't get your panties in a knot. All im saying is Lumberton won thats great but dang they won the first  3 games last year and then got it handed to them in district.......They just need to enjoy the win , insteand of thinking there a playoff team just becasue of one win against NEW CANEY i mean come on now they are supposed to beat those kinda of teams....

While Lumberton should be an improved football team, their pre-district schedule will not prepare them for district play. It is not to say that they cannot compete in district or even make the playoffs, but the first 3 opponents should be easy wins for them. I think they are in for another rude awakening when they open with Dayton. Just like last year. Lumberton is always good on offense, but I doubt they have completely shored up all their defensive woes in the offseason. I look for a middle of the pack district finish for them.

ltownbaseball jus keep your mouth shut, ppl are saying congrats. there not saying we are going to make the playoffs. we all know new caney wasn't a very strong team, and they won't get us ready for district. were just happy to get the season started off right.

Guest raiderlane

I haven't read anything on this post that suggest that (we the fans) think that lumberton is going to go to the playoffs or anything else for that matter. so I think it is a little unecessary to tell people to calm down. you either support your team or you don't. there is'nt one team in this district you can take lightly, whether you won 1 game last year or were district champs. I'm not simply going to count our guys out because our past record has not been very good. lumberton is improving as a team and come district time, it will be the same for them as any other team, you either show up to play or you don't.

I have a family member who is a scout for a local team and was at the game. He said that new caney has to be the worst 4a team in the state.  He said forest brook could easily smoke new caney... So congrats to the L-train... a win is a win BUT you have to examine the competition

Guest maverick24

was at the game and saw the BC scouts there actually know one of them. Trust me No 4a team is that bad. The Lumberton D was just that good against the spread offense. I don't think anyone that knows football would say the Raiders are ready to win this District yet but they are Bigger Faster and Better. Everyone talks about the Raiders expectations what about Ozen they were Bad last year and everyone picks them to win or place in this District. I don't think it is a bad thing to go into a season expecting to win and go to the playoffs but when Raiders fans say that everyone else jumps on them. We should all support our teams and let the young men with the pads on settle it on the field on friday nights. This is still one of the strongest districts in the state. Most of these teams would make the playoffs in any other district. Good Luck to all the teams and stay healty!!!

Well said Maverick.

We were at the game last night and the team looked GOOD!  The work that some of the players did in the off season by running with the Lumberton Track Club showed up in their game.

Do I think we will win district?  No, but I think we will give some teams an upset that they are not expecting.  This is a work in progress...

And most of the 'injuries' last night were the guys cramping up.  It was so hot and muggy that you could drink the air.  This was the first game I've been to where the players were eating bananas on the sideline to try and help with the cramps.

ltown i dont know who you are, hopefully your just some random guy trying to make lumberton look bad, but i can definitely tell you that your no fan of lumberton, because of your post im sure no one on this board has anymore respect for you, all your trying to do is start things up that others are doing a good job of avoiding, just leave it alone, and if your are from lumberton, show some respect to the town, the team, and the other members of this forum.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami