Nederland quarterback Ryan Sampere will be out for 4 weeks

KFDM COOP

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18775796&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=583964&rfi=6

Nederland quarterback Ryan Sampere will be out for 4 weeks

Sampere threw for two touchdowns and ran for two more Friday night in Nederland's 29-28 victory over Brenham, but he left late in the third quarter with the leg injury.

Neumann said he hoped Sampere could return for the second District 22-4A game, Oct. 5 at Central.

Sampere completed 13 of 26 passes for 260 yards in his first varsity start at quarterback. The game was in Reliant Stadium.

Sophomore Kirby Bellow will replace Sampere.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's not get ahead of ourselves here. those of us that's in the medical field,please reply. that is too quick for a tib/fib fx. nfl players are not 100% after an injury like that. i think they are rushing this kid back too soon. i say 5-6 weeks to be close to 100%. no i'm not a doctor,but i've been told by patients i look like omar epps on house lol!!!

oh and forget about them beating central or dayton. those teams don't have db's that play scared. the wr screen will be taken away and #21 won't burn anyone from central or dayton. #9 might think twice about coming across the middle!!! nederland lose both games if he's there or not. they need him there to win against vidor and the other teams.

That's better Titan, you were giving the Dogs a little too much credit yesterday. I like old Titan.

Nederlands qb put on a very impressive show at reliant Friday nite !  He will be getting alot of looks from alot of different colleges.  To see him hurt means some possible problems for the nederland offense.  To say he will be back in about 4 weeks though may be a stretch.  Having some broken bones in his ankle, foot or leg is not as easy to heal as a major sprain.  He could easily re-injure it easily and that could take him out for the entire season.  I know they need a replacement qb, but if they push him to return to soon they could really cause him some major problems with his injury or keep him out for the entire season.  (I spent 8 years in sports med with a university)  Never push a player to return !!!!  I do wish him a speedy recovery !!!  I really enjoyed watching him pick apart Brenham !!!!  For a kid his age, let him decide when he feels comfortable to return to the field.  Just my concern for the safety of the boys !!!!

Nederlands qb put on a very impressive show at reliant Friday nite !   He will be getting alot of looks from alot of different colleges.  To see him hurt means some possible problems for the nederland offense.  To say he will be back in about 4 weeks though may be a stretch.  Having some broken bones in his ankle, foot or leg is not as easy to heal as a major sprain.  He could easily re-injure it easily and that could take him out for the entire season.  I know they need a replacement qb, but if they push him to return to soon they could really cause him some major problems with his injury or keep him out for the entire season.  (I spent 8 years in sports med with a university)  Never push a player to return !!!!  I do wish him a speedy recovery !!!  I really enjoyed watching him pick apart Brenham !!!!  For a kid his age, let him decide when he feels comfortable to return to the field.  Just my concern for the safety of the boys !!!!

I do agree. And he put know weight on that leg when they brought him off the field. That concerned me. It did look bad. 4 weeks may be a stretch.

Guest 87CRU79

I think that Nederland has a long road ahead wo/ Sampere. 4 weeks is quite a stretch, I think it'll be more like 6-8 weeks, if not the whole season. He is an excellent baseball player, and I do not think he would like to jeapordize his future in that sport.

Kirby Bellow is going to take his lumps these next 2 non-district games before going into district. Nederland has Forest Brook the Waller, and then a bye week. Then we start distirct against Vidor at the Dog House on the 28th.

A) The offensive line needs to gel and come together as unit so that we can establish the running game. We have one really talented back (Bass) and another fairly solid one in Roy.

B) The defense is going to have to keep the intensity that they had in the Brenham game for the rest of the year so that we can keep a lot of pressure off of our offense.

C) Our coaches can't put the game in the hands of Bellow and expect him to win it for us. He needs to just get the ball in the hands of our playmakers such as Broussard, Cardenas, Stanley, and Bass.

D) Some strong senior leadership needs to take place, and keep the under classmen from panicking.

I would think that they will leave him out for as long as they possibly can. If we can win without him, I would just let him heal as long as possible. I think that will be evident before district starts. He is going to be hard to replace but the spread offense was there, pass protection was very good and the receivers were wide open quite a bit and Cardenas, Broussard and Standley all had great hands. So if the replacement QB can throw fairly accurately and get the ball close and even run just a little I think the offense will still work ok. What Ryan seemed to have that will be hard to replace quickly is his decision making skills. He knows when to hold the ball and when to throw it away.

If we can win with with someone else taking snaps then let him heal. Only thing is its a lot hader to replace a good mobile spread QB than a guy that mostly hands off the football to a running back. We have no running game whatsoever with the current setup so I hope that it does not come down to going back to the RRPP offense again unless something gives and they start making some really REALLY large holes for them to run though.

It would suit me just fine of someone steps up and creates a quarterback controversy. That would be a GREAT thing for the Dogs at this point. I might even put put someone else in Johnsons position and put Johnson in the backfield and let him run the ball. Might not be good for his collegiate numbers, but it would be good for the Dogs offense.

You guys keep talking about pushing Sampere to return. It's not up to him or the coaching staff. It's up to the Dr's when he comes back. Until he is released he will not play it's that simple! Any Dr. that would release a student to play before he is totally healed would be setting them self up for a hit.

That HC at Nederland is a great one. He will have no problem managing his QB situation. He wiil squeze all he can out of this and get as much positive production from the whole team until the young man can come back.

It's going to be fun watching the adjustments. No doubt he's at the top of the class.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder